What's new

Pakistan's Artillery Upgrade Discussions

No they testd SP guns both wheeled and tracked. There was only one SP that was tracked K9 and two wheeled Denel & Nexter. Along with bofors as well and some dordo gun. They selected K9 and M777 will be domestically made.

We need to look at M777 equivelant as some stage.
Well those are Artillery Machines but for different role and areas. This kind of actions makes me think Indian Military leadership is facing some serious crisis.

Well those are Artillery Machines but for different role and areas. This kind of actions makes me think Indian Military leadership is facing some serious crisis.
As far as i can read the situation, the requirement is/was for both wheeled and tracked SPH. They trialed both systems, have selected K-9 for tracked SPH and may roll out a Wheeled one on Tata Chassis using the lessons learned from K-9 and M777 deal. Makes sense.

As far as i can read the situation, the requirement is/was for both wheeled and tracked SPH. They trialed both systems, have selected K-9 for tracked SPH and may roll out a Wheeled one on Tata Chassis using the lessons learned from K-9 and M777 deal. Makes sense.
Off Course than it would make sense but if they don't it than they were confused themselves

They didn't selected a wheeled SPH rather opted for the tracked one in shape of K-9. The wheeled ones may come later plus with a good base for making these heavy chassis vehicles and lessons learned from K-9, they may roll out a wheeled version themselves.
The Tracked Howitzer program in India included the Russian Msta and the RoK K9, here the K9 has been chosen.
The wheeled Howitzer program better known as the "Mounted Gun System" is still ongoing and the competition includes the Nexter-Ashok Leyland Caesar, Swedish Archer and the Denel-Tata T5.

Off Course than it would make sense but if they don't it than they were confused themselves
I do not think they were confused. Both projects were running parallel. It is pretty clear that tracked one have been selected (K-9) and the wheeled one will come at some later stage. It can be a local product of a JV with some other manufacturer. Surely it is not like they were testing wheeled SPH and ended up buying K-9. People are not THAT stupid.

The Tracked Howitzer program in India included the Russian Msta and the RoK K9, here the K9 has been chosen.
The wheeled Howitzer program better known as the "Mounted Gun System" is still ongoing and the competition includes the Nexter-Ashok Leyland Caesar, Swedish Archer and the Denel-Tata T5.
Thank you. That is pretty much same as what we know. :)

Are you aware whether there were any problems found with T5-52 in particular and other wheeled systems in general that this deal was delayed?

we have so much of tracked SPH we need wheeled now
Around 300 guns sir. It is not "so much" considering the long border. Plus some 50-60 of these are M110 that need to be phased out. There were plans of acquiring some 300 guns M109A5 from USA. Around 120-130 examples were delivered in 2010-2011 time frame (and are included in the total 300 guns that we have that i mentioned in the start). Not sure if the rest of those were delivered too. If so then the total number will be around 500 and then that is a decent strength.

Are you aware whether there were any problems found with T5-52 in particular and other wheeled systems in general that this deal was delayed?
No public source information on the progress of the Mounted Gun System tender as of yet, although the trials might have been completed.
The MGS tender is for a huge sum of 814 units($2.5 Billion) and we may see movement soon as the artillery is gearing towards a massive upgrade to "Medium Guns".
But considering that this went the way of L&T, the Nexter/Ashok Leyland/L&T Caesar may be the frontrunner.
207pz0n.jpg

I don't think so several Turkish companies make good trucks and are also in defence production so it could be one of them
turks are just new kids in defense productions they has alote of western exposure that's why they are trying there abilities to manufacture there own needs as well exporting them.
but i think in many fields they are even behind pakistan

turks are just new kids in defense productions they has alote of western exposure that's why they are trying there abilities to manufacture there own needs as well exporting them.
but i think in many fields they are even behind pakistan
When it comes to Land systems they are way ahead and now in Ship and Submarine production also we only defeat them in Missile program although there new Cruise Missiles and also rockets for MRLS are more advanced than what we use also the Anti Tank Missiles.

When it comes to Land systems they are way ahead and now in Ship and Submarine production also we only defeat them in Missile program although there new Cruise Missiles and also rockets for MRLS are more advanced than what we use also the Anti Tank Missiles.
we are actually on halt these days thanks to zardari dark era we lost almost entirely on R&D every planed project got cancelled or stalled this puts us years behind.thats why we are resorting to import nowadays not making anything even thunder was musharraf era project

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom