What's new

Pakistan's Artillery Upgrade Discussions

You know what, i am MORE pissed off at your for not stopping and having a good look! :)

I think it is Nora B52 as there were talks of some Serbian systems coming to Pakistan for evaluation (included an IFV or APC as well/most probable Lazar). I will check to be sure.
However i do not completely understand why we are looking to buy so many weapon systems in the same class. We already have SH-1 and we acquired it with ToT and produced some 60 guns at home. Continuing with that would have made more sense. Nora however do offer that MRSI option, my personal fav. :P

I do not think HE would mix a Nora with SH-1. They both look quite different.

O nai bahi!! No "stealth" ambitions in this regard. Just a front flat design by default and choice of truck and that is it.

I doubt that the SH-1 is in service with our army,it was never shown on any parade, exercise or listed in any offical document.

You know what, i am MORE pissed off at your for not stopping and having a good look! :)

I think it is Nora B52 as there were talks of some Serbian systems coming to Pakistan for evaluation (included an IFV or APC as well/most probable Lazar). I will check to be sure.
However i do not completely understand why we are looking to buy so many weapon systems in the same class. We already have SH-1 and we acquired it with ToT and produced some 60 guns at home. Continuing with that would have made more sense. Nora however do offer that MRSI option, my personal fav. :P

O nai bahi!! No "stealth" ambitions in this regard. Just a front flat design by default and choice of truck and that is it.
I know man, tell me about it, and i feel worst everytime i think about that moment, i wanted to stop but my younger sibling sitting beside me was a bit scared --- he was already saying "bhai janay chalaty jain, ye marein ge" -----it was midnight
am asking around lets see if i can get this confirmed

I know man, tell me about it, and i feel worst everytime i think about that moment, i wanted to stop but my younger sibling sitting beside me was a bit scared --- he was already saying "bhai janay chalaty jain, ye marein ge" -----it was midnight
am asking around lets see if i can get this confirmed
It is about 80% confirmed already based on the chatter going around for past two three days.
Have asked a couple of guys directly at the Artillery school Nowshera :lol:
ya tu galiaan nekalain gy ka how i know about it ya phr insaan ka bachon ke trha bta dain gy :P

I doubt that the SH-1 is in service with our army,it was never shown on any parade, exercise or listed in any offical document.
No reason to doubt that. We have taken delivery of first batch of SH-1 back in 2013-2014.

xy7eV97.png

It is about 80% confirmed already based on the chatter going around for past two three days.
Have asked a couple of guys directly at the Artillery school Nowshera :lol:
ya tu galiaan nekalain gy ka how i know about it ya phr insaan ka bachon ke trha bta dain gy :P

No reason to doubt that. We have taken delivery of first batch of SH-1 back in 2013-2014.

[/Q

I shut my mouth ! You have delivered the ultimate proof, regards !

There is big difference between stealth & stealthy. SH-1 may have more RCS then Nora.

There is big difference between stealth & stealthy. SH-1 may have more RCS then Nora.
I understand that you said "Stealthy", i was just saying that the front flat configuration is not with those intentions. :)

What lead me to this Thread is something that I came across tonight on the road ---- moments ago, i passed by a Truck mounted Howitzer not sure what make it was, plus it was odd to stop near such a beast when it is surrounded by Personnel with ready to shoot position ----- since i was driving so i could not take a good look at this machine but my search led me to believe that it was either Nora B52 because the gun was just resting on the Driver cabin, had it been Eva 155 or other, then design would have been different -----

@Quwa @Arsalan , so are we testing this machine or what??

now am pissed off with myself for not stopping by and taking a good look at that machine ---- i should have stopped ----
This might interest you all - article is dated 26 August 2016 (i.e. last week).

Ntsehpe revealed that Denel is testing its T5-52 truck mounted G5 artillery piece in a foreign country (possibly Pakistan) and that it has performed very well. He said he hopes the weapon will penetrate the Asia-Pacific market.
http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.p...eo-artillery-project&catid=50:Land&Itemid=105

@balixd @Arsalan

A lot of arty in China is also based off of the venerable SAfrican G5 - 45 cal. UAE has the wheeled version in the G6.

Pakistan should prepare small vehicles like jeep used in world war with anti tank, anti air missile and heavy machine guns on top

We can produce in large numbers, can be cheaper and quicker to operate

Indian intentions not looking good so we should prepare ourselves for any emergency adventure by our enemy

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.p...eo-artillery-project&catid=50:Land&Itemid=105

@balixd @Arsalan
The word is that we are looking for some wheeled SPH for the northern areas. The heli transportable is really not for us right now with the current helicopter fleet plus considering the good road network in most parts of that region (northern) we are looking for a good wheeled SPH. Denel T5 is part of that interest. So is Serbia Nora B52. The main advantage they offer over the existing SH-1 is the MRSI capability with 6 and 4 rounds respectively. SH-1 is not reported to have any major issues so that is not the reason for looking for other options. We had some problems with some of our recent artillery purchases but that was not with SH-1. So the look for new system is not because of that reason. Not sure how many guns are being looked at but it is confirmed that we are considering a few options.

@balixd
Ok here is what i just got!
We were looking at wheeled SPH options a few months back. They were not just for northern areas since i am being told that all systems failed in desert setup. However now there are new options being considered and it is not confirmed whether these are totally new players or are the modified versions of initially tested options.

Now as far as i can tell from this available information and connect a few dots, this article is pointing towards those initial trails and evaluations. However that gun @balixd is for the new round of evaluation. I am not sure how much info will get out and unless it is confirmed i wont be comfortable sharing it so for now this is all we can say. There is interest being shown in wheeled SPH for some time now, after evaluation the initial options were rejected how the process is still on going and yes we are looking into some options still for wheeled SPH.

We were looking at wheeled SPH options a few months back. They were not just for northern areas since i am being told that all systems failed in desert setup. However now there are new options being considered and it is not confirmed whether these are totally new players or are the modified versions of initially tested options.

Now as far as i can tell from this available information and connect a few dots, this article is pointing towards those initial trails and evaluations. However that gun @balixd is for the new round of evaluation. I am not sure how much info will get out and unless it is confirmed i wont be comfortable sharing it so for now this is all we can say. There is interest being shown in wheeled SPH for some time now, after evaluation the initial options were rejected how the process is still on going and yes we are looking into some options still for wheeled SPH.
i think for the sake of confidentiality we better dig up a hole and bury it all for now ----- lets wait for news to pop up here and there and then we can start the discussion ----- @Bilal Khan (Quwa) thanks for that reference post

Did those already tested include this South African one ?
t5_52.jpg

i think for the sake of confidentiality we better dig up a hole and bury it all for now ----- lets wait for news to pop up here and there and then we can start the discussion ----- @Bilal Khan (Quwa) thanks for that reference post
lolz
I saw the alert that you have quoted me here and was thinking to drop you a message to say thay lets bury it for now. I have said all we can say for now. Glad i didnt went ahead with it without seeing this message :P Would have made a fool of myself.

anyway, totally agreed and zipping it up for now on the note that there is some activity and we might be able to talk about this in more details in a few months.

Did those already tested include this South African one ?
t5_52.jpg
Bro i suggest we do not speculate any further for now. Things will be out pretty soon.

@balixd by the way i am glad you saw that on the road, mentioned it here and got us all interested and involved. The call and digging uncovered some other developments as well, small but promising. That too will be out soon so lets wait till then. :)

Back
Top Bottom