What's new

Pakistan's Artillery Upgrade Discussions

Must opt for ToT for this gun. There are not many other options out there. However i surely will like to add that PA must conduct extensive trials this time before selecting a gun to go with. We have had some mess ups in the past. :(
Didn't those Panters came with some ToT?

Would it not be more suitable for Pakistan to have heavy self propelled mortars on the western front what do you say any way for conventional deterrence on east we need these baby's on m113 apc with pgm to knock out Indian army cold start attacks also with help of Sam's protecting them
And does anyone know what happened to Pakistan indigenous I remember in ideas 2001 they had one

This item is on the procurement list of the army. extensive funds up to 1.5 bill US will be utilised over the next 5 years.

Didn't those Panters came with some ToT?
Some!
But we never made more than we actually planned for (72 guns if i am remembering correctly). AND, this was never the number of guns required. So now we will opt for some new gun when an options arise.

Of course they will sir in past army did not even have architects so engineers made flawed designs now we are very much trained sir and I'll try to get info from some friends in artillery core OK
Dear we had almost same capabilities when we opted for Panter but still... :(
Anyway, you may check with your artillery core friends and may be you can get some idea of what they are thinking for future. Not very likely but still, no harm in trying right? :)

@Arsalan

Nobody talks to me like that. What's the secret?
Dont I sir? :(
:lol:

Some!
But we never made more than we actually planned for (72 guns if i am remembering correctly). AND, this was never the number of guns required. So now we will opt for some new gun when an options arise.

Dear we had almost same capabilities when we opted for Panter but still... :(
Anyway, you may check with your artillery core friends and may be you can get some idea of what they are thinking for future. Not very likely but still, no harm in trying right? :)

Dont I sir? :(
:lol:

Ah, the noble and very flattering exception. I was speaking about the younglings.

Ah, the noble and very flattering exception. I was speaking about the younglings.
Give them some time and they will realize it as well. Till then, excuse there lack of knowledge sir :) Bachay han sir :P

On Topic: Do any one with some connections have any idea if we are actually looking to buy AH4?
@fatman17 @Dazzler @balixd @Bratva

I seriously we invest wisely in this, ToT with HIT manufacturing guns to meet our needs will be great and we can then actually start working towards fulfilling that dream of standardizing the field artillery to 155mm.

Give them some time and they will realize it as well. Till then, excuse there lack of knowledge sir :) Bachay han sir :P

On Topic: Do any one with some connections have any idea if we are actually looking to buy AH4?
@fatman17 @Dazzler @balixd @Bratva

I seriously we invest wisely in this, ToT with HIT manufacturing guns to meet our needs will be great and we can then actually start working towards fulfilling that dream of standardizing the field artillery to 155mm.

It will be presented to Pakistan as an option at some point which may be the refusal by US of supplying additional M109A5s which are SP and this is a towed variant. It's all about the numbers.

It will be presented to Pakistan as an option at some point which may be the refusal by US of supplying additional M109A5s which are SP and this is a towed variant. It's all about the numbers.
I hope we do not stupidly sir and procure towed artillery in place of the denied SP howitzers. There are plenty of options in SP as well and any future replacement or addition to M109s should come in shape of SP howitzers. A5 however can be a great system to achieve that standardization ammunition goal set in Musharaf era which aimed at phasing out all others guns and sticking to 155mm only (then there were some ideas of keeping 122mm as well later on if i remember correctly)

If we can get TOT we can keep making them at a phase that we can afford and keep replacing our old guns of different calibers with this 1555mm and make this a standard for the armed forces. Easier to maintain and even more easy to resupply in battle field.

It is more about thinking on these lines and taking the required action rather than funding or finance!!

What do you think about this Sir @fatman17

Last edited:
Must opt for ToT for this gun. There are not many other options out there. However i surely will like to add that PA must conduct extensive trials this time before selecting a gun to go with. We have had some mess ups in the past. :(
A lightweight gun is a lightweight gun, which isn't common in today's marketplace. So, if the rifle has performance problems, the PA could invest in its improvement, and in turn, demand ToT for the updated version.

As for alternative SPH. We spoke of this before, but take a modern tank hull - e.g. VT-4 or Oplot - and convert into a SPH. The South Africans have (or at least had) experience in this area. We could also attach the AH-4 or MKEK Panter to Czech Tatra trucks, like Nexter did.

http://defence-blog.com/army/nexter-unveiled-new-caesar-8x8-self-propelled-artillery-system.html

Last edited:
I hope we do not stupidly sir and procure towed artillery in place of the denied SP howitzers. There are plenty of options in SP as well and any future replacement or addition to M109s should come in shape of SP howitzers. A5 however can be a great system to achieve that standardization ammunition goal set in Musharaf era which aimed at phasing out all others guns and sticking to 155mm only (then there were some ideas of keeping 122mm as well later on if i remember correctly)

If we can get TOT we can keep making them at a phase that we can afford and keep replacing our old guns of different calibers with this 1555mm and make this a standard for the armed forces. Easier to maintain and even more easy to resupply in battle field.

It is more about thinking on these lines and taking the required action rather than funding or finance!!

What do you think about this Sir @fatman17

These would come in handy in hilly terrain like fata or azad kashmir LOC.

These would come in handy in hilly terrain like fata or azad kashmir LOC.
They sure will sir. We do need the light weight artillery no doubt about that. I was just saying that we cannot take them as a replacement of self-propelled howitzers and provided there are no more additions in for of M109 we should look for other options in that field as well. Side by side with the towed artillery for less accessible terrain.

Back
Top Bottom