What's new

Pakistan's Army Chief Calls Kashmir its 'Jugular Vein'

Man General Raheel Shareef gave great speech completely calculated and all issues touched almost

Nice........we need more people to standup. Gen Sharif is not Gen Kayani who keeps things cool. He is known as aggressive Man with Big Balls.

Oh Well; there is none so blind as one who refuses to open his eyes................
and there can be none ever so blinded as one who has his head (and eyes) permanently buried in the sand....
Now, which country has appropriated the Ostrich as its National Bird? Not our dear neighbors, I hope? :-)

True. None of your neighbor is as ignorant of truth as you guys are. It is you and whole India actually. Calling Kashmir "atoot ang after imposing curfew in Srinagar.

so u want another kargil?? and about TTP they are in waziristan where there is no civil govt presence... like areas occupied by naxals where ur army dont dare to go into those areas and still barking about capturing Lahore etc .. and some dipshit in this thread commented about Balochistan .. yea baby come to balochistan ur mom will not be able to recognize ur body after it being mutilated by Baloch Aman force like they are doing with BLA

So you accept that your countrymen are nothing but a bunch of gun slinging illiterate savages??No wonder your country is nearly broke on all parameters.

Naxals is like a piece of cake for IA. A good operation of 2 weeks then they will be over.But that will not change the ground situation and plight of poor peoples like Adivasis .So we deployed CRPF or centre police forces.Slowly suppress naxals and get them in to mainstream.But TTP is too formidable ,hell they can even challenge mighty US Army.
About Kargil .Well you know reality and bad reputation given by world to Pakistan.
You are underestimating the Naxalite bastards....you're underestimating them greatly.They number in hundred,they are the local people who lives among the other civilians and moreover,they operaqte in such a vast and remote and densely forested hilly regions,it would be next to impossible to crush them in such a short period......even by the Army.

Yes,Indian Army with their tougher and more aggressive training and mindset along with use of heavy artillery will definitely perform better.....Infact much better than the CAPFs.But even then it would be outright insane to think that they can vanquish this Naxal menace in just 2 weeks to put it gently.Make that 2 years atleast given the IA can deploy at least 6-7 purpose trained infantry divisions backed by generous amount of heavy artillery support non stop for 1.5-2 years at the least.

As the situation turns out on ground,CRPF actually suffers much more from lack of a bold and competent officer cadre rather than due to lack of numbers or training or weapons.

Nice........we need more people to standup. Gen Sharif is not Gen Kayani who keeps things cool. He is known as aggressive Man with Big Balls.

But Pakistan needs a wise man with a big brain.

You are underestimating the Naxalite bastards....you're underestimating them greatly.They number in hundred,they are the local people who lives among the other civilians and moreover,they operaqte in such a vast and remote and densely forested hilly regions,it would be next to impossible to crush them in such a short period......even by the Army.

Yes,Indian Army with their tougher and more aggressive training and mindset along with use of heavy artillery will definitely perform better.....Infact much better than the CAPFs.But even then it would be outright insane to think that they can vanquish this Naxal menace in just 2 weeks to put it gently.Make that 2 years atleast given the IA can deploy at least 6-7 purpose trained infantry divisions backed by generous amount of heavy artillery support non stop for 1.5-2 years at the least.

As the situation turns out on ground,CRPF actually suffers much more from lack of a bold and competent officer cadre rather than due to lack of numbers or training or weapons.

We dont use serious firepower against
due to some reasons.
They are India,s citizens.So deploying IA is not good .
Maoists will take cover under civilians.
IA once did an ops against them and almost decapitate them.then they srnt an apology to Parliment to stay away from anti national activities.
Civilians casuality will be too high
But IA can finish them within weeks

We dont use serious firepower against
due to some reasons.
They are India,s citizens.So deploying IA is not good .
Maoists will take cover under civilians.
IA once did an ops against them and almost decapitate them.then they srnt an apology to Parliment to stay away from anti national activities.
Civilians casuality will be too high
But IA can finish them within weeks

Then I'm sorry to say you are not among those people who takes lessons from history.Remember IPKF operation against LTTE??It was in the same kind of dense jungle terrain,only on that occasion the conflict was confined within a very small piece of land than the vast red corridor and the LTTE numbered much less than the Naxalites.Yet it took them three years to get close to defeat them.
Now what makes you think that Naxalites who has got a much bigger cadre base and control a far greater area can be finished within a few weeks??!!Do you think they are armed with sticks and pebbles??They are very much well trained in jungle warfare,they know the jungle like the back of their palms.Do you know how efficient vast of an intel network they have set up over the years??!!Do you have any idea about the advancement of their SigInt and ComInt(signal intelligence and communication intelligence) capabilities??

It's now quite clear to me that you are just a fanboy and you've got virtually no knowledge about the difficulties and dangers of a CoIn operation of this magnitude and that too in a remote densely forested region and a cunning and ruthless enemy that has the advantage of home ground.So it's better you read up some real books like one written by KPS Gill on counter insurgency operations and not those Tom Clancy rubbish,get educated and then talk about these matters.

Two weeks,huh!!Given the situation on the ground,it's just beyond ludicrous to put it gently.

Then I'm sorry to say you are not among those people who takes lessons from history.Remember IPKF operation against LTTE??It was in the same kind of dense jungle terrain,only on that occasion the conflict was confined within a very small piece of land than the vast red corridor and the LTTE numbered much less than the Naxalites.Yet it took them three years to get close to defeat them.
Now what makes you think that Naxalites who has got a much bigger cadre base and control a far greater area can be finished within a few weeks??!!Do you think they are armed with sticks and pebbles??They are very much well trained in jungle warfare,they know the jungle like the back of their palms.Do you know how efficient vast of an intel network they have set up over the years??!!Do you have any idea about the advancement of their SigInt and ComInt(signal intelligence and communication intelligence) capabilities??

It's now quite clear to me that you are just a fanboy and you've got virtually no knowledge about the difficulties and dangers of a CoIn operation of this magnitude and that too in a remote densely forested region and a cunning and ruthless enemy that has the advantage of home ground.So it's better you read up some real books like one written by KPS Gill on counter insurgency operations and not those Tom Clancy rubbish,get educated and then talk about these matters.

Two weeks,huh!!Given the situation on the ground,it's just beyond ludicrous to put it gently.
LTTE got huge amount of support from
Tamils worldwide.But naxals case is different.Both of them taker cover among civilians and IA cant do Rambo style in that case.
IA almost finish these so called maoists during NDA rule.Then their so called sent an apology to parliment for escaping and then they again regrup without any shame.
If IA use half of their assets these so called maoists will perish but like I tell you it will cause huge civilian casullties and it is not helpful to ekiminate maoism and might increade criticism.
I know some former old naxals and they know what is their strategy.
GoI restrain from such actionbecause it will not solve basic problems innaxal effected area like poverty .infra etc.
You are overestimating Naxals.Then tell why they cant do ops like TTP did against PA.All they can do is shoot with country guns stolen insas they dont even have aRPG.
GOI dont finish them because they want to avoid collateral damage and
ensure development in that area.Intila stage they showed some power.But regular attacks weakened them after initiating op GH

LTTE got huge amount of support from
Tamils worldwide.But naxals case is different.Both of them taker cover among civilians and IA cant do Rambo style in that case.
IA almost finish these so called maoists during NDA rule.Then their so called sent an apology to parliment for escaping and then they again regrup without any shame.
If IA use half of their assets these so called maoists will perish but like I tell you it will cause huge civilian casullties and it is not helpful to ekiminate maoism and might increade criticism.
I know some former old naxals and they know what is their strategy.
GoI restrain from such actionbecause it will not solve basic problems innaxal effected area like poverty .infra etc.
You are overestimating Naxals.Then tell why they cant do ops like TTP did against PA.All they can do is shoot with country guns stolen insas they dont even have aRPG.
GOI dont finish them because they want to avoid collateral damage and
ensure development in that area.Intila stage they showed some power.But regular attacks weakened them after initiating op GH

Everything evolves,and so has the Naxalites.They are no longer the rag-tag rebels they used to be.
And as to why they don't come out of the jungles,well they know only too well that the jungle is the only edge they have got and if they come out then they are as good as read because they have next to zero support base outside of their jungles.

And if you read my post,I tend to agree with your other points except the "two weeks" part.It's simply not possible even with use heavy artillery against them and wide spread civilian casualties.

And if it's indeed possible to vanquish the naxal bastards that way,then GoI shouldn't hesitate.I mean what good are those adivasi bastards to our country anyway??What contribution can they possibly give to our country??It will be better to wipe them out from the face of earth so as to deny the maoists the ability to recruit future cadres.That way the insurgency will die off simply due to lack of essential manpower.

Everything evolves,and so has the Naxalites.They are no longer the rag-tag rebels they used to be.
And as to why they don't come out of the jungles,well they know only too well that the jungle is the only edge they have got and if they come out then they are as good as read because they have next to zero support base outside of their jungles.

And if you read my post,I tend to agree with your other points except the "two weeks" part.It's simply not possible even with use heavy artillery against them and wide spread civilian casualties.

And if it's indeed possible to vanquish the naxal bastards that way,then GoI shouldn't hesitate.I mean what good are those adivasi bastards to our country anyway??What contribution can they possibly give to our country??It will be better to wipe them out from the face of earth so as to deny the maoists the ability to recruit future cadres.That way the insurgency will die off simply due to lack of essential manpower.

What??
Wiping out all adivasis because they are not good for the country.Man that was too cruel opinion in sense they are the first Indians in this country.All others are just evolved from this poor people.And you are talking about the elimination Are you kidding?
Any way that peoples are too better than politicians like Azam Khan.
They are our citizens it was our failure so they couldnt integrate in to mainstream.Now GoI are correcting that mistake.That is why they deployed CRPF instead of IA.IAP slowly suppressing maoists and try to bring
development in that area.
FYI , leaders and large numbers of organizers of maoists are educated ,and modern people outsiders not from the forest.They are misdirecting poor illiterate adivasi youths.
If IA use its half strength i am sure maoists will finished withincfew weeks.If not 2 then 3 or 4.but that is maximum .But it will cause huge civilian casualities

Terming Kashmir as the "jugular vein" of Pakistan, the country's Army Chief Gen Raheel Sharif on Wednesday said the issue should be resolved in accordance with the wishes and aspirations of Kashmiris and in line with United Nations Security Council (UNSC) resolutions for lasting peace in the region.
Now thats a fine statement and probably a landmark shift in Army's policy view on Kashmir. I always said that the best solution to Kashmir lies in diplomacy and in the wishes of Kashmiries. I am very glad at this change. And hope that all blind loyalists here would also change their rhetoric view on Kashmir issue. Kashmir is more than just about water and terrain, its about the wishes of Kashmiris to live as they desire.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom