What's new

Pakistan's Army Chief Calls Kashmir its 'Jugular Vein'

The State Department also has to keep in mind who can actually deliver what is needed pending US withdrawal from Afghanistan. Idealism has to be tempered with practicality in this case, clearly.
but this is totally unethical
as for delivering then that can also be done under the current democratic set-up, if Army is what the U.S needs to engage then fine, they can engage them perfectly well in the backdoor , & get the job done regarding the withdrawal , this can all be done under the present set-up
so why not engage them & get the job done regarding the afghan issue, & as well as @ the same time just give them a "stern warning" of strong consequence's of any move of destabilising the democratic set-up on the lines of the
the carrot & stick policy ?

Last edited:
but this totally unethical
as for delivering then that can also be done under the current democratic set-up, if Army is what the U.S needs to engage then fine, they can engage them perfectly well in the backdoor , & get the job done regarding the withdrawal , this can all be done under the present set-up
so why not engage them & get the job done regarding the afghan issue, & as well as @ the same time just give them a "stern warning" of strong consequence's of any move of destabilising the democratic set-up on the lines of the
the carrot & stick policy ?

That carrot and stick policy is already in place, Sir, rest assured. Didn't the recent COAS speech give you some evidence of that policy at work?

Up in the air? With Mr. Modi's likely ascension, it is likely the hawks will win for his term.
Could be.

The Prime Minister's voice is the most powerful voice and influence in the entire Government. MMS was extremely pro Pakistan in the sense that he believed that a stable and prosperous Pakistan means a stable and prosperous India.

But it has been my view that Modi is entirely unpredictable.

And I can give examples to substantiate my statement.
When Modi came to power, he used to the Gujarat riots to cement his position. Many thought that being an RSS worker, he would give a free hand to the Sangh groups, a free pass to have their Hindutva orgies - so to speak.

Modi systematically and completely stopped the Sangh goons. He never allowed them to do anything other than what he directed them to do.

Modi went against the RSS, destroyed more illegal temples than anyone else in Gujarat's history.

Modi went on to make Gujarat an economic powerhouse in India.

So his acts tend to be different from what people expect.
So... I dont think he is an idiot who will be aggressive against Pakistan for the sake of appearing aggressive or muscular.
I think he has a very very shrewd and strategic mind. He will be aggressive against Pakistan when there are benefits.

In current times, any aggression shown against Pakistan will only unite Pakistani's against India. It would reduce the tensions in Pakistan. And so, I highly doubt he would do that - simply for the sake of it.

So vcheng - dont buy what the media sells about Modi.

That carrot and stick policy is already in place, Sir, rest assured. Didn't the recent COAS speech give you some evidence of that policy at work?
can you point out, I found the speech a bit too hyper or maybe I am just bit worked up, because of those agitations warnings & all those stuff going around, even though ideologically I am not an pml (n) supporter but a hard core peoples party one, but nonetheless I am seriously worried about all these un-democratic movements popping up ,all of a sudden, as I don't want democracy to be derailed

Could be.

The Prime Minister's voice is the most powerful voice and influence in the entire Government. MMS was extremely pro Pakistan in the sense that he believed that a stable and prosperous Pakistan means a stable and prosperous India.

When Modi came to power, he used to the Gujarat riots to cement his position. Many thought that being an RSS worker, he would give a free hand to the Sangh groups, a free pass to have their Hindutva orgies - so to speak.

Modi systematically and completely stopped the Sangh goons. He never allowed them to do anything other than what he directed them to do.

Modi went against the RSS, destroyed more illegal temples than anyone else in Gujarat's history.

So... I dont think he is an idiot who will be aggressive against Pakistan for the sake of appearing aggressive or muscular.
I think he has a very very shrewd and strategic mind. He will be aggressive against Pakistan when there are benefits.

In current times, any aggression shown against Pakistan will only unite Pakistani's against India. It would reduce the tensions in Pakistan. And so, I highly doubt he would do that - simply for the sake of it.

I will wait to see his actions if and when in power rather than his words now as part of electioneering.

can you point out, I found the speech a bit too hyper or maybe I am just bit worked up, because of those agitations warnings & all those stuff going around, even though ideologically I am not an pml (n) supporter but a hard core peoples party one, but nonetheless I am seriously worried about all these un-democratic movements popping up ,all of a sudden, as I don't want democracy to be derailed

The parts where he said that the Army supports the democratic process, among others.

Could be.

I don't think Pakistan is even in his radar, there might be some vague references to Pakistan during election fervor but that stems from terrorism and the soft corner and the lack of spine that Manmohan Singh had. He will most likely completely ignore Pakistan at least for a couple of years because he knows that engaging in talks with Pakistan is a complete waste of time and he has better things to do and bother about. The only engagement towards Pakistan will be if there is some major terror strike in India that will have its roots from Pakistan (it almost always does).

He would concentrate more on economic development overall and engagements with a few South East countries.

Really? :woot: If Kashmir is Pakistan's jugular vein then Balochistan is India's jugular vein. :P

But seriously, Raheel knows full well that jugular vein or not, Kashmir will always remain with India till the Sun turns into a red giant or well after the stars in the universe start winking out! This bluster was for the civilian dispensation seeing that the reputation of the Army was being tarnished and at a low ebb at present.

So the best way to get back to the glory days of yore is to invoke the 'K' word which works like magic! The sheeple just lap it up like there's no tomorrow!! :azn:

yeah as long as you need to keep more soldiers inside kashmir then actual registered Voters of Kashmir. The claim that kashmiris adore you and LOVE you dearly becomes a bit disputed like the nature of your claim over kashmir :-)
But of cource unless you meant that you can supress the population of a region forever by brute force and by precious tax rupees of hard working indian common man, i will take your words :-)

yeah as long as you need to keep more soldiers inside kashmir then actual registered Voters of Kashmir. The claim that kashmiris adore you and LOVE you dearly becomes a bit disputed like the nature of your claim over kashmir :-)
But of cource unless you meant that you can supress the population of a region forever by brute force and by precious tax rupees of hard working indian common man, i will take your words :-)

There was no army in Kashmir till 1989 - the situation changed afterwards because the Kashmiri's themselves asked for assistance from it'a army because of the delude of Pakistani mujaheddin into Kashmir. The army is there because there is along border with Pakistan - ask the Iranians - they have dispatched additional forces to the Pak Iran border or ask the Afghans or the NATO forces why they keep a hawk like vision of the Pak Afghan border.

The armies at all of Pakistani borders are there for a reason and that is to safeguard their individual countries from the terrorists that habitually tend to infiltrate all surrounding countries.

Allah Ka Farman Hai Eman Hamara .... ... .. .
Deta Hai Gawahi Hamay Quran Hamara .... ... .. .
Jannat Kisi Kafir Ko Mili Hai Na Milay Gee .... ... .. .

It Is Only A Matter Of Time After Withdrawal Of America From Afghanistan That Pakistan Will Liberate Kashmir From India ...

He is a nice man. But like nawaz sold kargil, I do not trust this government. Army has always saved Pakistan, rather than leaders sitting in palaces.

So also thought the former Soviet Union Republics!

If we are to go with that analogy, Russia still has nuclear weapons. Defragmenting Pakistan will still leave the weapons with one or more surviving portions with perhaps an even greater risk. My advice stands.

It Is Only A Matter Of Time After Withdrawal Of America From Afghanistan That Pakistan Will Liberate Kashmir From India ...

Yeah right. Indians have been waiting a long long time since you announced that you will fly Pak flag on the Red Fort in Delhi and engage in a 1000 year war. funny we don't hear much about that anymore:-). Not a change of heart but struck-by-reality

If we are to go with that analogy, Russia still has nuclear weapons. Defragmenting Pakistan will still leave the weapons with one or more surviving portions with perhaps an even greater risk. My advice stands.

Let Punjab (others wont mind relinquishing) have it and being landlocked there will be some leverage others will have.

I really admire your resolve.But then again, I am person who believes that person who stands beside you in times of crisis is your real friend, and a man who puts his words into action is a real man.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom