What's new

Pakistan's Army Chief Calls Kashmir its 'Jugular Vein'

Not as much as I would like to .. as I can still understand the difference between 93000 and well over 100,000.

The figure of 1 Lakh has surfaced very recently before that it was revolving around 50,000 for many years, the urban myth was invented very recently.

They are more authentic than your fairy tales number of a lakh people killed and 7 lakh troops in Kashmir.

Those figures are not given by "me" or any other Pakistani but the Kashmiri Sources themselves !! And yes , those figures (44000)may be authentic for "morons" ...... No reasonable person (No matter from which part of the world) would agree with those ; Figures provided by the culprits

The figure of 1 Lakh has surfaced very recently before that it was revolving around 50,000 for many years, the urban myth was invented very recently.
Apparently they are dying as fast as they breeding.

Those figures are not given by "me" or any other Pakistani but the Kashmiri Sources themselves !! And yes , those figures (44000)may be authentic for "morons" ...... No reasonable person (No matter from which part of the world) would agree with those ; Figures provided by the culprits

All those so called Kashmiri sources can be linked to Pakistan. BTW, most of you Pakistanis can't talk about Kashmir in figures less than lakhs or millions.

All those so called Kashmiri sources can be linked to Pakistan. BTW, most of you Pakistanis can't talk about Kashmir in figures less than lakhs or millions.

Any proof ??

Here is the resolution (resolution 98)

"4. Urges the Governments of India and Pakistan to enter into immediate negotiations under the auspices of the United Nations Representative for India and Pakistan in order to reach agreement on the specific number of forces to remain on each side of the cease-fire line at the end of the period of demilitarization, this number to be between 3,000 and 6,000 armed forces remaining on the Pakistan side of the cease-fire line and between 12,000 and 18,000 armed forces remaining on the India side of the cease-fire line, as suggested by the United Nations Representative in his proposals of 16 July 1952, such specific numbers to be arrived at bearing in mind the principles or criteria contained in paragraph 7 of the United Nations Representative's proposal of 4 September 1952;"

However, India did not reduce its troop number down to 18,000. It claimed it needed 24,000 troops. Pakistan had already agreed to reduce its troop numbers to 3,000-6,000. This is what halted the process. You claim that Pakistan halted the process which is just a lie.

Remember, UNCIP chief blamed India for the halt of the plebiscite process in Kashmir. That's who should know whose fault it was.

"The London Economist stated that "the whole world can see that India, which claims the support of this majority [the Kashmiri people]...has been obstructing a holding of an internationally supervised plebis-cite."32 Sir Owen Dixon, the United Nations Representative to the UNCIP, reported to the Security Council that,

In the end, I became convinced that India’s agreement would never be obtained to demilitarization in any such form, or to provisions governing the period of the plebiscite of any such character, as would in my opinion permit the plebiscite being conducted in conditions sufficiently guarding against intimidation, and other forms of abuse by which the freedom and fairness of the plebiscite might be imperiled.33

In this regard, India’s apparent efforts to obstruct the holding of a plebiscite in Kashmir stand in violation of international law."

1.Did you know that the same Owen Dixon that you quote was one of the first U.N. representative to state in unequivocal terms that the crossing of the frontier of Jammu & Kashmir State by Pakistani invaders on October 22, 1947, and the entry of regular Pakistan Army into Kashmir in May, 1948 were contrary to international law ?

2.Resolution 98 speaks only about reduction of troop strength and nothing about plebiscite..For that to be held, Pakistan has to vacate every single regular unit and hired guns.Do I see that happening anytime soon?
The figures provided there are only suggestions,as the resolution clearly states.India appealed against it, which, you will also agree every nation has right to.

Pakistanis are addicted to Kashmir, mention it once they forget everything and go into a rave. If am not wrong even TTP said they would help PA if there is trouble on Indian border. As far as retreating back while breast beating of Generals go Mussaraff fits into the criteria far more graciously .

No this where your own obsession kicks in, unlike India, in Pakistan, India bashing is not a vote winner, your Modi being the prime example, besides the General is not trying to win support from any quarters as he knows well how the public stands and supports the armed forces, and if you must digress then one could also add your General J. N. Chaudhary, who never turned up for a drink in Lahore Gymkhana.

Hell,No.
That Sharif just got blamed for it.
Musharraff did the all the "hard work" ................ of retreating the troops on the ground, the ones that survived the bombs and shells, that is.

Kargil coffin scandal.....rings any bells.

1.Did you know that the same Owen Dixon that you quote was one of the first U.N. representative to state in unequivocal terms that the crossing of the frontier of Jammu & Kashmir State by Pakistani invaders on October 22, 1947, and the entry of regular Pakistan Army into Kashmir in May, 1948 were contrary to international law ?

2.Resolution 98 speaks only about reduction of troop strength and nothing about plebiscite..For that to be held, Pakistan has to vacate every single regular unit and hired guns.Do I see that happening anytime soon?
The figures provided there are only suggestions,as the resolution clearly states.India appealed against it, which, you will also agree every nation has right to.

Yes I know that , But that does not refute the point I have made ..... "Indian Story" on Kashmir is mostly "lie" and this can be proven easily

No this where your own obsession kicks in, unlike India, in Pakistan, India bashing is not a vote winner, your Modi being the prime example, besides the General is not trying to win support from any quarters as he knows well how the public stands and supports the armed forces, and if you must digress then one could also add your General J. N. Chaudhary, who never turned up for a drink in Lahore Gymkhana.
It was just my observation, I might be wrong. And I know how at times people on our side of the border make tall claims, so point conceded.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom