What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

He making very big claim of 10 saab based systems , that why question about twitter that is it worth of taking serious
What I know is we have few SAAB which are not AWACS. But he is saying we have 7 SAAB AWACS and two more are on order. That makes total of 9 AWACS. That is why I am also confused. Any one who knows numbers of our AWACS plus the website he is taking data from should explain this.

He making very big claim of 10 saab based systems , that why question about twitter that is it worth of taking serious

It’s my account, I just couldn’t be bothered to re paste everything I wrote. It’s all there and credible, you can also look at the airframe I’ve quoted and compare it’s livery with the paf one and the rsaf one and that will further clear everything up for you :)

also, I’d call myself an expert smh

It’s my account, I just couldn’t be bothered to re paste everything I wrote. It’s all there and credible, you can also look at the airframe I’ve quoted and compare it’s livery with the paf one and the rsaf one and that will further clear everything up for you :)

also, I’d call myself an expert smh
Good to know bro, so how many of these exiting 7 are erieye based , as you mentioned erieye based 7th saab

Good to know bro, so how many of these exiting 7 are erieye based , as you mentioned erieye based 7th saab
We had an inventory of 6 erieye and 3 Saab 2000 in 2018.

as of may 2020 we had 7 erieye with an unknown number of Saab 2000’s. I am leaning towards 3 Saab 2000s with the 7th erieye being an airframe procured from abroad s opposed to conversion of a paf saab 2000

We had an inventory of 6 erieye and 3 Saab 2000 in 2018.

as of may 2020 we had 7 erieye with an unknown number of Saab 2000’s. I am leaning towards 3 Saab 2000s with the 7th erieye being an airframe procured from abroad s opposed to conversion of a paf saab 2000

7 + 3 makes sense I guess. Gives PAF 3 airframes for training or to convert later, what is of interest if the level of tech in them now as we are converting aircraft in 2021 to the same standard as we purchased in 2009? Will these planes (and all others) have the Global Eye update?

7 + 3 makes sense I guess. Gives PAF 3 airframes for training or to convert later, what is of interest if the level of tech in them now as we are converting aircraft in 2021 to the same standard as we purchased in 2009? Will these planes (and all others) have the Global Eye update?

I don’t really think it would be worth it, remember, the benefit of the erieye is that it’s piss cheap, the latest deal was for $150m for three systems (one delivered so far). 150m is absurdly cheap, look at pricing for other similar awacs systems on the market and you’ll see how amazing of a proposition the erieye is.

aside from this, as the paf evolves, there’s a Good chance they will evaluate the erieye er or the navy could ask for a suite based off of the erieye er for their lineage1000e as they seemingly haven’t given up hope on n awacs solution.
Just to clarify, the paf has 2 more erieye on order, current inventory of 7.

I don’t really think it would be worth it, remember, the benefit of the erieye is that it’s piss cheap, the latest deal was for $150m for three systems (one delivered so far). 150m is absurdly cheap, look at pricing for other similar awacs systems on the market and you’ll see how amazing of a proposition the erieye is.

aside from this, as the paf evolves, there’s a Good chance they will evaluate the erieye er or the navy could ask for a suite based off of the erieye er for their lineage1000e as they seemingly haven’t given up hope on n awacs solution.
Just to clarify, the paf has 2 more erieye on order, current inventory of 7.

9 is a lot of AEW for our size, wonder why such a large number. Surely the ZDK is taking care of the south?

7 seems to be a good number as you will always have 1 in maintenance then you can have 2 locations operation 3 each allowing 1 constantly in the air from each location (assuming 1 aircraft on duty, 2 ready to take off to replace it and a third being made ready/recovering from duty).

9 seems a very large number, maybe the ZDK is not working out for us?

9 is a lot of AEW for our size, wonder why such a large number. Surely the ZDK is taking care of the south?

7 seems to be a good number as you will always have 1 in maintenance then you can have 2 locations operation 3 each allowing 1 constantly in the air from each location (assuming 1 aircraft on duty, 2 ready to take off to replace it and a third being made ready/recovering from duty).

In terms of AWACS the more you have the merrier you can never have not enough AWACS. For example in case of war Pakistan is a long country if we look at the eastern border dynamics,We place one AWAC up north, One in middle and one down south in sindh that's 3 already in operation. Then we place 2 in Baluchistan for the Iranian border and 1 near Afghanistan border, that's 6 in operation and 1 left for reliefing 6 in operation. We should have at least 12 erieye AEW planes

In terms of AWACS the more you have the merrier you can never have not enough AWACS. For example in case of war Pakistan is a long country if we look at the eastern border dynamics,We place one AWAC up north, One in middle and one down south in sindh that's 3 already in operation. Then we place 2 in Baluchistan for the Iranian border and 1 near Afghanistan border, that's 6 in operation and 1 left for reliefing 6 in operation. We should have at least 12 erieye AEW planes

I do not think AEW availability works like that......

In all honesty I am yet to see deployment of the zdk03

Back
Top Bottom