What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

GlobalEye is pretty modern for AWACS, even though its a budget option, its still relatively capable.
Imagine configuring the Lineage 1000E or E190 with the GlobalEye -- i.e., Erieye-ER, Seaspray SAR/GMTI, and EO/IR. On top of that, add in Aselsan's ESM suite with SIGINT and ELINT.

Imagine configuring the Lineage 1000E or E190 with the GlobalEye -- i.e., Erieye-ER, Seaspray SAR/GMTI, and EO/IR. On top of that, add in Aselsan's ESM suite with SIGINT and ELINT.
Hope PAF think on those lines and involve PAC in it too

Make it even easier, just port the GlobalEye's suite over to the L1000E, its all MOTS stuff anyway, shouldnt require major airframe mods. Im hoping the forces settle on a unified platform to base their future projects off of, i.e L1000E awacs, EW, and then perhaps KC390 for tanker/cargo duties etc

Make it even easier, just port the GlobalEye's suite over to the L1000E, its all MOTS stuff anyway, shouldnt require major airframe mods. Im hoping the forces settle on a unified platform to base their future projects off of, i.e L1000E awacs, EW, and then perhaps KC390 for tanker/cargo duties etc
Do you know what the cost of a global eye unit is. I suspect we might be able to integrate it ourselves.

Do you know what the cost of a global eye unit is. I suspect we might be able to integrate it ourselves.

the ENTIRE globaleye suite(including platform) is roughly 2-300m per unit. Relative to AWACS costs, thats on the lower end, however it is significantly more than what the PAF pays for the Erieye's. The GlobalEye suite would need some modification to be suited to other platforms, kind of like how the PN is undertaking the SeaSultan project, its pretty much that really.

Best option is to replace these old EW aircrafts with Saab 2000 Airtracer: SIGINT aircraft just buy more SAAB 2000 aircrafts from different airliners.
Saab is best reliable and war proven platform.

SIGINT is not the same as Electronic Warfare.

微信图片_20210702110842.jpg

Via @航空工业陕飞 from Weixin

Kindly post an article regarding if PN will select SAAB swordfish system for lineage 1000.
Did SAAB offered us that system or not?

Kindly post an article regarding if PN will select SAAB swordfish system for lineage 1000.
Did SAAB offered us that system or not?

SAAB does nothing on the swordfish aside from combining the puzzle pieces together.

A minority of the systems are SAAB designed. The rest are available to buy off of the shelf. The PN is replicating the Swordfish's approach by having the platform and buying the components off the shelf and integrating them.

Back
Top Bottom