What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

2264988.jpg

A very Hi Res image...

BTW, notice the serial number. Only 2 were delivered to PAF, one is undergoing crew familiarization and other trials...so this pic is probably in China.
@fatman17 can elaborate more on their status.

11-001 and 11-002 are the delivered examples.

Woah .. Akhir kahan tak chupao ge PAF walon ... aik na ik din HI.RES samnay aa he jaye ge. :D

BTW picture deatils says it was photographed in Pakistan. Photos: Shaanxi Y-8/ZDK-03 Aircraft Pictures | Airliners.net

Last edited by a moderator:
2264988.jpg

A very Hi Res image...

BTW, notice the serial number. Only 2 were delivered to PAF, one is undergoing crew familiarization and other trials...so this pic is probably in China.

u r correct sir...

I heard a while ago that it was there to test communications with ground stations and new JF17 avionics. Not sure whether it is correct.

I heard a while ago that it was there to test communications with ground stations and new JF17 avionics. Not sure whether it is correct.

You mean it went from Pakistan to China?

AFAIK, we haven't yet received the 3rd ZDK and it hasn't come to Pakistan yet.

3rd is in China which was built last year I guess it's ready to be handed over this year while the 4th has been produced this year, we might get both this year or atleats the one

You mean it went from Pakistan to China?

AFAIK, we haven't yet received the 3rd ZDK and it hasn't come to Pakistan yet.

No not delivered. stayed there for trials. Just checked Ailrliners.net. The photographer is active in China. But he writes incorrect location (Pakistan).

The first ZDK-03 (S/N 11-001) was delivered to PAF in December 2011. The 2nd (S/N 11-002) was delivered some time later. The delivery of third ZDK-03 (12-003) is pending in May 2013.

- Last Updated 5/28/13

on its way...

2264988.jpg

A very Hi Res image...

2nd awacs

ZDK-03.jpg

crew training is a slow and complicated affair - i remember when the PN atlantics were inducted, it took some time for crews to get familiarised with the onboard equipment and french technicians were based at karachi for some time. its gotten better as the forces induct 'techies' into its ranks.

crew training is a slow and complicated affair - i remember when the PN atlantics were inducted, it took some time for crews to get familiarised with the onboard equipment and french technicians were based at karachi for some time. its gotten better as the forces induct 'techies' into its ranks.

Did Saab AWAC training took such time?

Back
Top Bottom