What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

You are right it is a superb picture. I love seeing our AWACs so more pictures of all our assets will be gratefully received and thank you for finding and putting this on here.

I also love the ZDKs too. Any news of how many we have in the fleet now?

I know this would be wishful thinking but seeing a few pix of the interior would be brilliant just to see how we and the Chinese do it.

2 delivered to no.4 squadron based at masroor.

Y-8G Cub/High New 3

A new Y-8G (K/JYG8) was first unveiled during Chinese Vice Prime Minister's visit to SAC in April 2005. The aircraft features two large cheek fairings of an arch shape which may house large ECM antenna array for long-range electronic/communication jamming purpose. The ECM antenna array may be the product of the 14th Institute. It also features a redesigned solid nose with the undernose radome removed. A large tail fairing may provide 360 degree coverage. Another cylindrical fairing can be seen on top of the vertical tailfin. The Y-8G prototype first flew in late 2004. Four Y-8Gs have been in service with PLAAF (S/N 21014-21017). Three more entered the service recently (S/N 5125, 5126, 5128). A recent image (May 2012) suggested additional Y-8Gs just entered the service with PLAAF (S/N 20778)

- Last Updated 5/30/12

our ZDK-03 can also be upgraded for this purpose.

drdo awacs
1334909621_1.jpg

hope paf will also install refueling probe
saab 2000
Saab-2000-Erieye-233.jpg

http://www.motors.pk/users/photos/16/Saab-2000-Erieye-233.jpg

^^ DRDO awacs look good!! which platform is this? a Boeing or Airbus?

The C-295 is now offered as an airborne early-warning asset
getasset.aspx

looks like zdk-03

Hi, yes but and Israel company (Elbit?) supplies the radar and avionics.... so good luck selling it to Pakistan and any Muslim nation.

Hi, yes but and Israel company (Elbit?) supplies the radar and avionics.... so good luck selling it to Pakistan and any Muslim nation.
we don't need this
we just need drone technology from iisrael

KJ-2000 Mainring

A PLAAF KJ-2000 AWACS was approaching the runway before landing. Its prototype was first spotted undergoing testing in Nanjing in 2003, carrying a CFTE emblem (S/N 762). The KJ-2000 prototype was based on Russian A-50I airframe but fitted with an indigenous AEW and a C3I system, including IFF and datalink. The AEW system, developed by Nanjing Research Institute of Electronic Technology/14th Institute, is presumably similar, but slightly inferior to the Israeli Phalcon system. It was reported that the system can track 60-100 aerial targets simultaneously at 400km away. The aircraft features a fixed rotodome housing three AESA antennas in a triangular configuration. As the result a 360° radar coverage can be achieved. A SATCOM antenna is installed inside the fairing on top of the forward cabin. Two large angled ventral fins are attached underneath the tail to compensate the impact of rotodome on aircraft handling. A nose-mounted IFR probe (on #762 only) suggests its operations could be further extended with the tanker (Il-78) support. Following the humiliation of the cancelled A-50I/Phalcon contract with Israel in 2000, China salvaged this A-50I prototype from Israel via Russia in 2002 the Phalcon system removed. It was reported that a significant amount of resources have been invested into this high-priority project (Project 998?) at the 603 Institute/XAC/14th Institute following an executive order issued by the Chinese President. The compete system first flew on November 11, 2003 as KJ-2000 after overcoming various technical difficulties. More KJ-2000s were converted from the China United Airline Il-76MD transport fleet, including B-4040 through B-4043. The first two KJ-2000s were handed over to PLAAF in 2005. Currently 4 KJ-2000s are stationed in Jiangsu Province, facing Japan and Taiwan (S/N 30071-30074). However further conversion from Il-76MD appears to have been halted due to the limited quantity available. Additional KJ-2000 class AWACS may depend on the import of additional Il-76MDs as well as the availability of indigenous Y-20 transport aircraft.

- Last Updated 12/28/11

no.4 sqdn is based at masroor - OC is WCmdr Asim

Back
Top Bottom