What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

one of my school time friend who is in PAF as GDP who was aggressively defending the position of our armed forces following May 2 fiasco that they are best of the best the can wreck havoc on the enemy and all this kind of crap and in the end says Erieye is not operational. Can anyone confirm it that how in the hell a system inducted 2 years ago still hasn't received IOC?

the erieye's were delivered mid to late last year - the crews are under training - it is a sophisticated platform. the whole air/land communication loop is still being deployed. it will take some time.

So is PAF getting all four ZDK03 AEW&C This year?

If true This would mean PAF would have 8 AEW&C systems by end of 2011.

I just wounder how long it will take to operationalize them

but this is not my worry ,my worry is how much it will take for them to detect a chopper ?

the erieye's were delivered mid to late last year - the crews are under training - it is a sophisticated platform. the whole air/land communication loop is still being deployed. it will take some time.

EVEN after all the training is complete we will use it SPARINGLY because we don't have the liberty to easily replace worn out items. in peacetime we will have a minimum usage of the platform. hence the ZDK03 which we believe can be provided parts on short notice & can be serviced easily!

but this is not my worry ,my worry is how much it will take for them to detect a chopper ?

It depends on terrain, altitude and material from which helicopter is made. A heli with more blades in tail rotor, will create smaller RCS hence more difficult to detect. Bad weather can also become a factor.

It depends on terrain, altitude and material from which helicopter is made. A heli with more blades in tail rotor, will create smaller RCS hence more difficult to detect. Bad weather can also become a factor.

lol i know all these stuff it was just a mockery thrown on PAF in context of that event

you dont go around in your rolls royce all day to pick children from school now when you have a honda civic???...do you???

i meant that if you have a rolls royce which costs a fortune and a civic which is not so expensive....you would definitely go and pick up your children from school and go shopping in you civic rather than your rolls royce.......you would go in your rolls royce if you are trying to impress some body and wanting to boast.

similarly what is the need for a country like pakistan to deploy its AWACS 24/7 when it already has maximum coverage of the hot zones???..

now if you dont know what a rolls royce is...i feel sorry for you!

i meant that if you have a rolls royce which costs a fortune and a civic which is not so expensive....you would definitely go and pick up your children from school and go shopping in you civic rather than your rolls royce.......you would go in your rolls royce if you are trying to impress some body and wanting to boast.

similarly what is the need for a country like pakistan to deploy its AWACS 24/7 when it already has maximum coverage of the hot zones???..

now if you dont know what a rolls royce is...i feel sorry for you!

Sir,

You have to own the rolls royce to understand the frame of mind of the owner----no---you will not send the civic to pickup the kids---you will be sending the Rolls Royce to pick them up----.

Sir,

You have to own the rolls royce to understand the frame of mind of the owner----no---you will not send the civic to pickup the kids---you will be sending the Rolls Royce to pick them up----.

Unless off course sir.. you could not afford the rolls royce on your own.. and instead had to have it leased to you through a bank.
Not only can you not afford the gas it guzzles.. you cant afford the 5000km oil filter change... which is why you drive it sparingly.

Which is why you keep the rolls royce in the garage.. with the cloth covers on.. and while you have it cleaned everyday along with the civic..
its the civic that goes to pick the kids..
Metaphorically offcourse.

Unless off course sir.. you could not afford the rolls royce on your own.. and instead had to have it leased to you through a bank.
Not only can you not afford the gas it guzzles.. you cant afford the 5000km oil filter change... which is why you drive it sparingly.

Which is why you keep the rolls royce in the garage.. with the cloth covers on.. and while you have it cleaned everyday along with the civic..
its the civic that goes to pick the kids..
Metaphorically offcourse.

Santro,

I didn't understand that part---- people with money don't invest in depreciating items----they rather finance them or lease them---rolls royces ---like all cars are depreciating items in value----plus business leases have tax write off as well---so paying cash doesn't help when you are looking for tax breaks.

Don't get me wrong---quite a few do buy their cars---. Majority of all highline luxury cars here in the U S are leased---not financed and neither paid cash for.

Do we have any special info about the Falcon DA-20's as in the Blinders SQ?

Santro,

I didn't understand that part---- people with money don't invest in depreciating items----they rather finance them or lease them---rolls royces ---like all cars are depreciating items in value----plus business leases have tax write off as well---so paying cash doesn't help when you are looking for tax breaks.

Don't get me wrong---quite a few do buy their cars---. Majority of all highline luxury cars here in the U S are leased---not financed and neither paid cash for.

You forget this is Pakistan.. i know a fellow who leased a porche in lahore..
In any case.. the point is not lease.. its that we had to borrow heavily to purchase the SAAB's.. money that cannot be turned into grants.. or payments that cant be delayed..
To us they are high value assets.. and not ones we would like to wear out earlier..
You probably have a better term for high-maintenance vehicles..
the Erieye is just something that whilst being the top of its line.. is also very expensive to maintain and the spare parts too come from a unreliable source.

One the flipside.. the Chinese AWACS is going to be relatively cheaper to keep in the air.. but do we want to expose the Chinese emitters to the Americans this early.. so they have ample time to analyze the waveforms... and generate the countermeasures??
We regularly have EC-135 ELINT jets snoop our airspace for Chinese radars..
lets not hand it to them..

off topic.. speaking of cars.. how does the chevy sonic look to you?

the the ZDK-03, what there status?

when are we going to get them in PAF colors.

(I am sorry, i have been back after a long break and need someone to update my knowledge)

Arsalan Aslam

Back
Top Bottom