What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

Interesting one AWAC aircraft is with rotodome while the other one have erieye like radar ,both have yellow color mean both are going through testing , I think both radars are being tested for PAF and the better will be selected at the end

Its the picture of first Karakoram Eagle..... all K-Eagles will have rotodomes

zdk0313large.th.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]

Interesting one AWAC aircraft is with rotodome while the other one have erieye like radar ,both have yellow color mean both are going through testing , I think both radars are being tested for PAF and the better will be selected at the end

No, the other one is for the Chinese AF, not for PAF.

PAF long ago selected the rotodome option and is going to stick with it for now since its coverage is 360 degree, while the linear shaped antenna does not provides 360 degree coverage.

On the side note, i am not sure from where does the rotodome version is the 2nd plane, because if the picture is from yanling airbase, then it means this prototype is in its 2nd stage of testing.

First stage of testing is at the manufacturers place or whatever is near to it, once the aircraft reaches yanling it means the next stage would be its operational deployment with the operator of the plane for final round of tests.

1st testing: at the manufacturers place

2nd round of testing: at yanglian testing centre

3rd round of testing with the operator either CAF or PAF

and then the final induction.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/military-aviation/3218-j-10-fc-20-mrca-277.html#post1939821

And if we go with the time line since when the initial ZDK-03 was first rolled out of the manufacturer's place and handed over to PAF, i think this is yet the first 1st prototype and after this testing it will be handed over to PAF, while the 2nd plane might yet be in testing with the manufacturer.

Is there a clear picture of where the ZDK-03 says that its the second plane of the series, as if it is the 2nd, then the first one should have been with the PAF by now.

zdk-03-2-large.jpg

In 2006, Chinese Airborne Warning and Control System is pictured at Chaklala Air Base. It has been reported that China was keen to sell its AWACS after Pakistan clinched a billion dollar deal with Swedish firm SAAB for radars to counter India's decision to buy Phalcon Airborne Radar System from Israel.

Why call it eagle? They should name it Hawk.

Hawk, the smartest of the birds.

Why call it eagle? They should name it Hawk.

Hawk, the smartest of the birds.

Its called Karakoram Eagle, as Karakoram range has boundaries of Pakistan and China and Karakoram range houses a few breeds of eagles. Karakoram connects Pakistan and China, so the name of ZDK-03 represents the friendship between both the countries.

Its called Karakoram Eagle, as Karakoram range has boundaries of Pakistan and China and Karakoram range houses a few breeds of eagles. Karakoram connects Pakistan and China, so the name of ZDK-03 represents the friendship between both the countries.

I know the reason. What i meant was that they should break the norm.....like Shaheen, Eagle....etc.

They can name it after a discrete bird and it shouldn't matter.

Just my 20 cents.

rad0C731.jpg

In this photo taken Yanliang where the CFTE (China Flight Test Establishment),

* Un ZDK-03 avec son radôme rond, dédié à l'exportation pour les Pakistanais * A ZDK-03 radome with his round, dedicated to export to the Pakistanis
* KJ-200
* The unit numbered 741 should be a Y or Y-9-8 Platform III (KJ-200 uses this platform here)
* The unit is numbered 079 flying test bed radars

The 079 is actually a Y8C Shaanxi, serving as a flying testbed for radar.

To the right of ZDK-03 was clearly a different Y-8. To the left of KJ-200, it looks like quite a Y-7, perhaps the Y7-100 coded 072, which is used to test avionics.

Back
Top Bottom