What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

Ra'ad type missions are specialty missions----there would not be any other weapons load on the aircraft---the aircraft has a specific goal---just to reach its target and deliver the goods----like some of the deep strike missions of the F 16's in iraq----all alone after a certain point---no missiles no ammo in the gun---just the plane and the bomb.

You start putting too much stuff on a small aircraft---you defeat the purpose of its design----.

Id disagree MK..
FA/18's regularly dropped bombs and then assumed an air combat role in Iraq..
even with two Cruise missiles on stations 3 & 5.. you have four usable stations..
in case you carry a centerline tank..
Even with three centerline tanks.. you can make your way home.
but that is left to the F-16's to punch it out that deep.. and they can with 3 tanks.. carry four LGB''s.. 2 AMRAAMs.. and 2 sidewinders..
Thats more than enough to fight your way back.

As far as the jamming ability is concerned..
If its a noise jammer.. then it has to be able to overpower the other emitter.. however.. that means it has to deal with some really powerful radars...
with AESA in play.. jamming will significantly lose its effectiveness..
and we havent been sold the DRFM on the Jammers meant for the F-16's..
and there is a low likelihood that anything akin to DRFM will come on the thunder pre 2015.

Id disagree MK..
FA/18's regularly dropped bombs and then assumed an air combat role in Iraq..
even with two Cruise missiles on stations 3 & 5.. you have four usable stations..
in case you carry a centerline tank..
Even with three centerline tanks.. you can make your way home.
but that is left to the F-16's to punch it out that deep.. and they can with 3 tanks.. carry four LGB''s.. 2 AMRAAMs.. and 2 sidewinders..
Thats more than enough to fight your way back.

As far as the jamming ability is concerned..
If its a noise jammer.. then it has to be able to overpower the other emitter.. however.. that means it has to deal with some really powerful radars...
with AESA in play.. jamming will significantly lose its effectiveness..
and we havent been sold the DRFM on the Jammers meant for the F-16's..
and there is a low likelihood that anything akin to DRFM will come on the thunder pre 2015.

Sir,

You may disagree as much as you want to---that is your prerogative---we are talking about single engine small aircraft JF17 and compared it to similiar mission on F 16---similiar aircraft----incidently the word--RAAD type specialty mission----got stuck in there---there will be no drop tanks left on the plane---because they will be jettisoned way back before getting to the target---so---getting back home----maybe---maybe not.

The current JF 17 will not have sd10's on the wing tips---aircraft too small---centrifugal forces in high attack angles or extreme maneavouring may tear up the missile and damage the wing----. People if you want a truck----then design one---don't ask a coupe to do that job.

Sir,

You may disagree as much as you want to---that is your prerogative---we are talking about single engine small aircraft JF17 and compared it to similiar mission on F 16---similiar aircraft----incidently the word--RAAD type specialty mission----got stuck in there---there will be no drop tanks left on the plane---because they will be jettisoned way back before getting to the target---so---getting back home----maybe---maybe not.

The current JF 17 will not have sd10's on the wing tips---aircraft too small---centrifugal forces in high attack angles or extreme maneavouring may tear up the missile and damage the wing----. People if you want a truck----then design one---don't ask a coupe to do that job.

Perhaps from an automotive engineers perspective you may be right..
But.. lets take the higher standards of Aircraft manufacturing.. and let those that do it.. worry their heads with it.
Even the F-16 has settings for its FLCS for how much stress it takes ...
depending on the category of load.

So you are unlikely to see an F-16 pulling more than 7G's carrying a load..
If it has to.. there is a nice little selective jettison button whereby you get rid of the heavier loads and retain those pertinent for air combat.
This has not created issues for the F-16 going into combat with heavy loads..
Nor has it caused problems for the A-4 skyhawk.. or the F-86..
I find your concern unfounded.
In any case.. if you wish mon ami.. lets continue this discussion on the pertinent thread.

Santro,

You totally missed the important tangent and focused on the less important------.

AWACS are not operated during peacetime!!

why laugh??....do you honestly think that AWACS are operated 24/7.....365 days a year....if so...they would get old quite fast!!.....

nothing personal pal, but AWACS are not made for war only and no military hardware, I guess, can be operated 24/7 - 365 because every one needs a break. AWACS can be used any time and in the light of ACM Sb Statement "Currently, Pakistan is a state of war", AWAC Should be utilized at maximum level.

Not really. They are operational sometimes. According to my calculations, am AWAC was near Lahore at the mid of last month.

i am not saying that they are not operational during peacetime...rather they are not operational all the times....they might be flying one or three days a week ....but not the whole week.

nothing personal pal, but AWACS are not made for war only and no military hardware, I guess, can be operated 24/7 - 365 because every one needs a break. AWACS can be used any time and in the light of ACM Sb Statement "Currently, Pakistan is a state of war", AWAC Should be utilized at maximum level.

if we need AWACS to monitor the airspace during times like these ......then god save us during war...AWACS are used to give extended range to monitoring radius....and most of the area of pakistan is under 24/7 surveillance....if chaghi is not under surveillance...i dont expect to have a threat from iran anytime during the next year.....so it does not justify the cost of flying an AWACS their all the time.....you dont fly your F16 or mirages all the time do you??...
Do you have any military or aviation insight or relation to that field?

i am not saying that they are not operational during peacetime...rather they are not operational all the times....they might be flying one or three days a week ....but not the whole week.

AWACS are not operated during peacetime!!

if we need AWACS to monitor the airspace during times like these ......then god save us during war...AWACS are used to give extended range to monitoring radius....and most of the area of pakistan is under 24/7 surveillance....if chaghi is not under surveillance...i dont expect to have a threat from iran anytime during the next year.....so it does not justify the cost of flying an AWACS their all the time.....you dont fly your F16 or mirages all the time do you??...
Do you have any military or aviation insight or relation to that field?

lets cut it out here Man, i don't know what are you talking about.:argh: my apologies but i cant help in this way

Back
Top Bottom