What's new

Pakistan's 0 warships against India's 200 warships

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's anything but 'Good for Pakistan'.

I have followed your posts for a long time and unlike other senior trolls rom Pakistan, your arguments are mostly factual and objective.

Now please answer me this.... We have a coastline atleast 50 times bigger than you. we also have a dominant rising China in the neighbourhood. Don;'t you think it is natural that Indian navy should be a strong and world class force to preotect its backyard?

This is nothing new. Only change has been that today we are a major growing economy and with financial clout, finally we can induct and modernise our navy.

See the recent additions.... I would say we are among top 6-7 navies right now...
1) Kolkata class stealth destroyers 2) Talwar class frigates 3) Best patrol aircrafts in Asia (better than Chinas) in P--8
4) Indigenous aircraft carrier along with INS Vikramaditya....

How large a force they'll field against Pakistan? All 200 ships?

Not all 200 but India has some advanced Destroyers and other latest warships. We need to increase our knowledges on Navy capabilities that Pakistan is already lagging behind.

F-22P is not going to make huge differences against India but only minimum little defences.

India has a much much bigger coast line so its natural that they will have a bigger navy

But as we are enemies our navy must be much more capable then the size of our coast line would suggest

So far from what i can fathom

We are due to receiveup to 8 subs (6 of obe kind, 2 of another) all will be AIP and I assume the 2 will be the basis of our second strike

That gives us 11 AIP subs 13 if you count the Augusta 70s

Recently there has been talk of more ships and frigates

Either wsy once Gwader is up and running a more substantial navy will be required to defend our extended sea zone against india

Increased focus on a array of anti ship missiles is also vital

Not all 200 but India has some advanced Destroyers and other latest warships. We need to increase our knowledges on Navy capabilities that Pakistan is already lagging behind.

F-22P is not going to make huge differences against India but only minimum little defences.
Bhai merey, in modern naval warfare, surface combatants have become almost irrelevant for they are easy target for ever advancing anti ship missiles capable of being launched both from the air and under the sea. I am not saying that their fleet is no threat but we do have punch to defend our seas. Even shore-line based ASM batteries are a huge threat to any surface vessels lurking within the range with not-so-good intentions.

Unlike losing few dozen infantrymen on this front and some tanks on another, losing even a single warship or a sub has huge psychological impact let alone an aircraft carrier. During 1965, we had only one sub, which effectively managed to prevent IN's carrier to enter into the theatre. Lets not downplay the potency of our Navy. My knowledge pertaining to these matters is of a layman; lets hear from Rashid saheb.

@Rashid Mahmood

Last edited:
How large a force they'll field against Pakistan? All 200 ships?
Its not about ships alone,you are discounting Strong Air defence of navy with latest Barak 8 which has been developed to intercept Onyx/Brahmos class missiles apart from strong naval aviation with Mig 29K,P8i,Il38 and Tu 142.

India is going for the regional angle it would be a waste to use all 200 against Pakistan. Pakistan Navy had sped up it's development noticeably this year it'll be interesting to how this continues and actually comes to fruition

Pakistan Navy is not an offensive Navy, so we only posses enough combatants to keep our SLOCs open and safeguard our sea boundaries.

We cannot compete with the number of combatants with the adversary, so we have to concentrate on our tactics and strategy.

Our Submarine force and aviation will be most important during a conflict.
AIP Subs armed with SLCMs will be a big threat.

@syedali73

That Kid Can't digest the truth so he starts to give negative ratings for anythting that goes against him...

You said it bro...

in modern naval warfare, surface combatants have become almost irrelevant for they are easy target for ever advancing anti ship missiles capable of being launched both from the air and under the sea

Bhai merey, in modern naval warfare, surface combatants have become almost irrelevant for they are easy target for ever advancing anti ship missiles capable of being launched both from the air and under the sea. I am not saying that their fleet is no threat but we do have punch to defend our seas. Even shore-line based ASM batteries are a huge threat to any surface vessels lurking within the range with not-so-good intentions.

Okay got your points. Just anti-ship missiles, what else we have? What if India destroy our anti-ship batteries and some assets, they know it. What will we do next? counter thousand Brahmos Missiles?

Not easy my friend. :(

It would take a couple of anti ship missiles to render a ship out of service and couple of more to sink it. Our submarines and JF-17s with dedicated anti shipping role should do the job while we are waiting to get better surface vessels and newer subs.

@Rashid Mahmood
i bet you know we have lot better things to deal with them...worry about your navy..1/3th of indian navy can block your coast with in a day...

I have followed your posts for a long time and unlike other senior trolls rom Pakistan, your arguments are mostly factual and objective.
Thank you. Good to know i have fan's. lol
Now please answer me this.... We have a coastline atleast 50 times bigger than you. we also have a dominant rising China in the neighbourhood. Don;'t you think it is natural that Indian navy should be a strong and world class force to preotect its backyard?
Agreed. But it grows a concern for Pakistan. India is our enemy you get nukes we were forced to get them. Same can be implied to arm's race. Both countries see each other as threat. Thus it's anything but 'good for Pakistan'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom