What's new

Pakistanis: The Face of poverty in Canada.

Is how much time and money is required for immigration to Canada for a person like me living in Karachi, Im 23 years old with B.Com and a data entry job.

Bad idea, acc to my boss, in the west only R& D jobs are available.

Is how much time and money is required for immigration to Canada for a person like me living in Karachi, Im 23 years old with B.Com and a data entry job.

I would suggest you to go to ME instead of Canada, First even on point system it will take more than 4 Years unless some family member of your sponsors you to certain province with provincial nomination that also takes between 2-3 Years where you show $10,000 in your Account from Day 1 to the day you reach Canada and obviously they will interview you and check your education standards-qualifications, I think IF you are interested take your time and take recognized CompTIA courses and obtain certifications which is globally accepted alot of Jobs in IT Sector. I have seen many Pakistanis take admission in universities after arriving taking various courses so they have upto date Canadian certificates-degrees.

I partially agree with the Article, there is another side, indians, bangladeshis, nepalese and sri-lankans have the same position.

imran, you have everything to do with Pakistani immigrants, dollars are sent to Pakistan that helps Pakistan's economy directly or indirectly what you eat has contribution from Pakistanis abroad, praise them what ever economy is left is due to overseas Pakistanis. Do you know how much money my family sends to Pakistan hint appx 0.5M RS Yearly..., I haven't even included Zakat, Qurbani...:cheers:

I visited Saskatchewan and saw hindustani are in terrible position where-as in their capacity Pakistan are well off I myself know 7 families who recently shifted to their own homes (not apartments) with their own brand spanking new multiple cars, If one calculate the stats i say Pakistanis are doing very well the article is partially biased to reflect Pakistanis across the globe in bad position. Another example i know a person who was looking for jobs in Pakistan an engineer with 7 Years experience, today he is working for Sasktel Communications with $4800 monthly salary, another example a man from punjab you can call him cutter punjabi perhaps hardly matriculate and Yet he earns $4000+ driving taxi with his own home apart from earnings coming from child benefits 3 children under 12 that is another $750. Back in Mississauga-Toronto I know atleast 4 Families who have their own nice homes and multiple cars, oh and forgot alot of Pakistanis working in Mines the average Pay is 4000+ plus free Tickets and accommodations. The only time i came across were two Pakistan who were working in walmart and call centers and couldn't find reasonable Jobs. A really bad perception and negative article against Pakistan, i would give the article 33% credibility rest is false, you people may disagree with me.

The data used is from official census - as claimed by the pakistan origin author. Your personal anecdotes remind me of american pakistani who kept taunting indians as being poor and taxi drivers and this and that in the US. I had to show him official US census data to show that an Indian household in the US earns 40% more than a Pakistani household.

Hope he got out of his denial, and hope do you too.

It is sad to hear of Canadians Pakistanis living conditions in Canada, but why do people compare Indians and Pakistanis? Each are from different countries. I think the author of the article should have refrained from comparing Canadians Pakistanis to Canadians Indians.

Even in UK, I am pissed off when people aggregate Indians and Pakistanis as Asians. Asia is no country.

The data used is from official census - as claimed by the pakistan origin author. Your personal anecdotes remind me of american pakistani who kept taunting indians as being poor and taxi drivers and this and that in the US. I had to show him official US census data to show that an Indian household in the US earns 40% more than a Pakistani household.

Hope he got out of his denial, and hope do you too.

Hi, I would believe if I see mass Poor Pakistani immigrants, so far I have come across more than 15 families who have extremely good living standards in Canada. Secondly The current government has same trend as US to project Pakistanis across the globe and culprits for anything and everything, sorry mate you hold no ground seeing is believing I recently posted an article on how terrible illegal immigration is in US from south American hindustanis are illegally crossing borders and being deported in alarming numbers Or should i post you one of those famous cases of hindustani man bringing women as his spouse and under acceptable relationships caught and deported along with all of those women. But I do agree there are families in desperate situations.

Regarding official don't remind me Canadian government spent $1 Billion on G8 a ridiculous amount that did not make any sense to b spent on security, so I reject all and any official report or census this particular government is nothing more than a spin off of government across the border in Washington, lies and more lies, and i can list a thousand cases of illegal activities regarding immigration to Canada by hindustani which is alarming, tune into CTV every few days a new case is popping up.

Dont go to canada if you dont have a skilled arranged job. In case you get one, you will need to show the expenses for 1 year (i.e c$10000 according to the CHC checklist).

best would be try for a study course of managerial level and ten got a related job. I said managerial level , because that is a NOC o level and you can easily settle there.

I currently moved to Singapore and I turned down an offer in UK. I think the west is useless at least for saving money and safety wise.

religious leaders, which are almost always imported from back home to serve in mosques in Canada, preach orthodoxy to the parish, further confusing the struggling males.

This is a MAJOR factor.

Religion is an important aspect for many Pakistanis and the religious 'leaders' are better suited to run butcher shops than to provide any real-world guidance about adapting to Canadian life. These 'leaders' are utterly clueless about anything other than parroting verses of Qur'an and yet people look at them for guidance.

Pakistani by nature are cheats, so when the survey comes they try to cheat in it too hoping Canadian govt throw in some kind of support for them...lol

I am in Oakville, Pakistani's every where here...big and growing Pakistani Populations
i dont know which Canada this Survey is talking about.

In my area of Canada Most Pakistanis and Indians are middle class and relatively well off. The only people living off welfare are the white.

We do have a problem with Indian youth joining drug gangs tho.

I would suggest you to go to ME instead of Canada, First even on point system it will take more than 4 Years unless some family member of your sponsors you to certain province with provincial nomination that also takes between 2-3 Years where you show $10,000 in your Account from Day 1 to the day you reach Canada and obviously they will interview you and check your education standards-qualifications, I think IF you are interested take your time and take recognized CompTIA courses and obtain certifications which is globally accepted alot of Jobs in IT Sector. I have seen many Pakistanis take admission in universities after arriving taking various courses so they have upto date Canadian certificates-degrees.

Hey can I get your number or e-mail. Basically I am an SEO(Link Builder) by profession and working since 2010. So, I am looking to move towards Canada, Australia or NZ. So can you help me know.

this data is based on 2005??? its like 7 years old ????? the author is comparing indians with Pakistanis....if i'm not wrong indian sikhs are in canada for years compared to PAKISTANIS who started migrating to canada like few years back, 2ndly the data might be of the time zone when number of pakistani's were new to canada and were establishing themselves....

How about the poverty in india ..Wikipedia will tell u.. in india about 41.6% people living under poverty if u compare that it make more then the whole population in Pakistan :what:

I live in Toronto Pakistani's are living life big size.. i know alot of pakistani's who are into property business,5 start hotels,i know the guy who owns golf club in missisauga

In Toronto there is a street call bayview U won't find a house under 2 million dollars on that street.my uncle and his wife family lives on that street and i know alot of pakistani lives there..I hardly see any other south asian whenever i visit my Uncle :)

Pakistani are probably the least involve in community works ..well that runs in the nation..beyond that..if u compare with other south asians pakistani are probably the top richest in Toronto...

hahah dude i don't know where they got this garbage article from lol my dads doing really good masallah :). works as a project manager in his engineering company also owns his own engineering company and the amount of money he makes well all i can say is :woot:. since my dad is top head of a charity organization he knows almost every **** family here and almost all are a making a good living :D

hahah dude i don't know where they got this garbage article from lol my dads doing really good masallah :). works as a project manager in his engineering company also owns his own engineering company and the amount of money he makes well all i can say is :woot:. since my dad is top head of a charity organization he knows almost every **** family here and almost all are a making a good living :D
The same point has already been discussed.
"My father/uncle/extended family/all family I have visited is rich, and I am a pakistani, hence pakistanis are rich."
Sorry bro, statistics does not work that way. You are free to qestion the statistics itself though(like it being from 2005 is a valid point).

Most black people I have seen in the UK have flashy cars, gold etc, never seen a poor black person (most probably because I have not visited any deprived area).
But I would trust a nationwide statistical data than my own observation.

Back
Top Bottom