What's new

Pakistanis living in USA

No, not talking about changing culture or tradition. But some people have a habit of talking sh*t about their host country, and think pakistan as a "heaven" in their imaginary world.
But they would hardly visit pakistan.
Will you feel happy about the reverse situation, a brit living in pak and constantly moaning about it.

Well if you see my Question again its about ppl who think host country is always right in all cases and Pakistan is wrong on all cases.... i dont want to name them here, as im looking for answers... :)

For me Pakistan is not 100% right but its my country and i will stand for it in all times... its a heaven for me in this world...

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 PM ----------

You mean VChang. Thats what your question is. ? :lol:
lol no, not VChang only :), i respect his feelings and views,

i know some other ppl as well who are same maybe more :)

Well if you see my Question again its about ppl who think host country is always right in all cases and Pakistan is wrong on all cases.... i dont want to name them here, as im looking for answers... :)

They are probably living the American dream and have completely assimilated in their adopted homeland. They see their ancestral homeland as backward and corrupt. Who can blame them for thinking like that

thanks for this...

its not about just political stance, its about moral as well, one can disagree with the policies or people in power but not the country.....

---------- Post added at 05:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

They are probably living the American dream and have completely assimilated in their adopted homeland. They see their ancestral homeland as backward and corrupt. Who can blame them for thinking like that

Thanks mate, yes this is the First thing which one can think of possible reason of such behaviour

There are people living inside Pakistan (liberal ghairat brigade) that don't seem to want the best for Pakistan either, so it's not any different outside of Pakistan either. You have people that are staunchly patriotic that want the best for Pakistan, & others who aren't so passionate about Pakistan. You've got to respect both POV's, & give people the right to express them freely.

I have lived majority of my life outside Pakistan and when I go to Pakistan all I do is complain about it (hate Pakistani culture).
But when it comes to Indians or the west, I gotta let em know that this Pakistani won't take their crap about Pakistan :D

I'd love to chat, but I am going to be busy with New Year's Celebrations from today.

I will drop by later. :D

I have lived majority of my life outside Pakistan and when I go to Pakistan all I do is complain about it (hate Pakistani culture).
But when it comes to Indians or the west, I gotta let em know that this Pakistani won't take their crap about Pakistan :D

its not your fault mate, its not your fault,

Of course thats how it works. Remember that the U.S. is a nation of immigrants where back then loyalties were questioned. Brits, French, Dutch, German, etc. I could go on about the history of immigration but in the end its about opportunity for everybody and loyalty. But even we have traitors. Remember that the Japanese-Americans were mistreated and put into concentration camps. Many Japanese men joined the war to show their proof of loyalty. Same for Muslim-Americans after 9/11. Many Muslims in the U.S. will never follow Osama's dream of targeting the U.S. which you would notice that all hijackers were from overseas.

Question for all Pakistanis

Why Pakistanis living in USA always defending USA against Pakistan? even they more against Pakistan then Americans themselves.....Why?

They might need to look at the passport on which they entered USA or their parents?
:pakistan:

Sure there may be some people that way, but not all. Personally, I disagree with several things about American foreign and domestic policy just as many Americans do. I also disagree with several things about Pakistani foreign and domestic policies.

The most embarassing Pakistanis I encountered were the staff that work at Manchester Airport in the UK. Talk about complete coconuts. They thought they were more white than the english, and took pleasure in bossing around Pakistanis from our flight. I even ended up swearing at this guy in Punjabi who I thought was english because he was acting so white. I later found out why he was looking at me funny, because his name tag said Ejaz Ahmed. :lol:

Compared to UK ones who think they are pakistani but living in UK. If you take citizenship thats your country, you have sworn allegiance to that country.

I agree,that becomes your nationality.

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

Of course thats how it works. Remember that the U.S. is a nation of immigrants where back then loyalties were questioned. Brits, French, Dutch, German, etc. I could go on about the history of immigration but in the end its about opportunity for everybody and loyalty. But even we have traitors. Remember that the Japanese-Americans were mistreated and put into concentration camps. Many Japanese men joined the war to show their proof of loyalty. Same for Muslim-Americans after 9/11. Many Muslims in the U.S. will never follow Osama's dream of targeting the U.S. which you would notice that all hijackers were from overseas.

Good post,most of the hijackers were Saudi Nationals(the most anti-american people in the world)

do sikhs in uk behave in same manner ? usually sikhs are proud of punjab india but do they develop inferiority complex too?

do sikhs in uk behave in same manner ? usually sikhs are proud of punjab india but do they develop inferiority complex too?

Yeah some of them do. In New York some of them try to act like they are from Puerto Rico or some try to act white. Usually the cool and confident ones always wear turban or paag.

hadh ho gayee.. whats the point in immigrating to west jad izzat he nahin rahee. india is best this is why i always say.

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

one of my cousin live in US of A. he tell me angrej there respect indians a lot because indians we doing very well.

There can be a long discussion about seemingly 'confused' loyalties of first generation immigrants; @Oldman above has hinted at that that.
If Pakistanis in America sometimes seem more patriotic toward America than Pakistan then it may be a combination of a fear from the backlash by the Americans and a genuine appreciation of the countless strengths of America. The other end of the spectrum consists of Pakistanis who seem to loath America but even they--when you dig deep enough-- despise aspects of foreign policy--something a lot of 'liberal' Americans do even more if you read the 'Comments' at the NY Times.

I personally love much in both America and Pakistan. And despise some in both. In Pakistan it is the religious extremism which turns me off the most. In America the Military Industrial Complex (yes, it exists!) which has caused so much death and destruction across the world which is my main object of contempt.

Back
Top Bottom