What's new

Pakistanis !!! How do you find different Pakistani Ethnicities? Share your opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asalam Alikum from Karachi :)

Yo...

You guys may want to share what do you like the most in all different ethnicities of Pakistan? or what do you hate the most in them? or just a general opinion?

Let me start :

As a Urdu Speaking Karachiite; I find:-

Sindhis: Sweet people, becomes hilarious when they speak Urdu...Great accent they have. Overall Very Welcoming People, can fight if need arises BUT very poor in literacy, support wadera shahi and quota system..Blind followers of Bhutto and just comfortable in living shitty life under bhuttoism, ending up stopping/derailing Karachi and her progress....

Punjabis: They are nice as well. Sounds innocent when speak Urdu...Have good height with good health. Fond of eating food and chanting Lahore Lahore aiey :P . Possess good literacy.
But the thing I don't like about them is they are too slow in their decision making process...They don't have that Fire and Aggression to lead Pakistan. Quite Passive People...Being a Majority in Pakistan, it should be their UTMOST duty to adapt to modern concepts...Some Punjabis still fond of chu**ya Khandaani Baadshahat of Noora poora and company...This is not Right.

Saraikis: Don't know much about them...Sorry :)

Baloch: Sweet in their own...One of their kind. With extreme fighting spirit can give the enemy run for money...Hardworking people and physically VERY tough....Bad thing about them is there is still Sardarana Nizam in which they are strangled, knowingly or unknowingly...Not much literacy...Although I have sympathy for Baloch as they were greatly neglected by establishments of Pakistan.

Pashtuns: Which corner of Pakistan they are not at it? Simple hilarious people, honesty is a great trait of them. Known in Pakistan for their tough hands, hard work and great fighting passion, obviously I admire them and think of them as great asset of Pakistan...but negative is they get carried away quite a times and slow in using their brains.

Kashmiris: Just love and nothing else :)

------
------

I tried to cover the major ethnicities...Yes, I know I missed a lot....

These are my own opinions based on my observation and thoughts...You can obviously disagree BUT do share your opinions just like I did....

We are all grown ups and no one is going to cry to moderators for any sorta complaining, right? Just freely express your opinions about ethnicities....I being a Urdu Speaking Karachiite, eagerly await you :)

@waz @Jungibaaz Please take this thread to relevant section
You are stereotyping a lot of people.
Now that is wrong. One ethnicity cannot fall into group having certain characteristics.
A punjabi can speak better urdu then a karachite etc. I totally thinks that the way people speak urdu in karachi with karachite accent has ruined urud. A lahori might speaks it better then you.
A phustoons can be a genius. Etc.
Please don't stereotype.
Love Pakistanis of all ethnicities.
I enjoy meeting everyone. The first intersection you have is in universities.
You meet people of all background.
In my collage and university, the first people you notice are from gilgit baltistan as they are most active in societies and college activities and stuff and representation and showing their beautiful culture to the world.
Similarly you meet different punjabis from sialkot, multan, etc. They used to make fun of us lahoris. They are biggot in their sense. But we lahorities also consider them too paindo. So may be that's why. Also they think that some how big city like lahore people are not friendly and don't meet neighbours and stuff which is another type of stereotyping. Just because you are from small town in punjab doesn't make you more good then a lahori.
Similarly we have a sindhi hindu teacher sir punhal in our university. He always apply mehndi on his hand and nails whenever he return from home and that was totally common in sindh rural areas not in punjab. People don't bully because he is a teacher but if it is a student people would eat him alive.
People from kpk etc are really nice. My best friend is from parachinar. He took me to parachinar. It was awesome experience. The city is more clean and beautiful with big houses then you think. Again here we lahorities stereotype them being backwards while they are not.
People from abotabad would tell you their problems like in winters their pipe lines burst and water freeze in winters and stuff.
Similarly hazara people who sit in bus besides me, were always mistaken for Chinese. I remember hazara classmates sharing bus with me and all people start saying Chinese Chinese. One kid even pointed out : 'look ami Chinese' and were amazed to see them speak urdu. Very very sweet people, very cultured and well mannered.
You find people from all walks of life and they can be very different from the stereotypes we have of them.

Exactly dude. I encountered same stuff here.
selfish braggers with an attitude that they own you.

Well we tried but in Pakistan when you cut off one head of a snake three grow in it's place kinda like Greek Hydra x2
One thing that a Karachite once said to be, which I cant forget is: " When they had the opportunity, why didn't they wipe out the Bhutto clan, and PPP? They plague us to this day."

its a big city thing.

Just go to Cairo or Istanbul. You will find a similar pattern.

It's like Berlin where people are famous for their rash tongue.

Shehron me time nahi hota logon ke paas. its a doggy dog world in the cities.
I'm in Lahore living here since 3 years moved from a smaller city never have i ever experianced anything like that if anything lahoris are more down to earth in my experience, like i said i it could be that those particular people that i had an interaction with are just shitty, on the contrary people on this forum from Karachi are really nice.

Ap ne Lahore dekh liya ap jam gaye ho
:D
Lahoriye sab ki hate seh jate hain.
Lekin ask the rest of Pakistan, they think we are oppressors.
I'm in Lahore living here since 3 years moved from a smaller city never have i ever experianced anything like that if anything lahoris are more down to earth in my experience, like i said i it could be that those particular people that i had an interaction with are just shitty, on the contrary people on this forum from Karachi are really nice.

on the contrary people on this forum from Karachi are really nice.

curiously i lived 25 years in Karachi and i can tell you that forum karachiite posters are nowhere nice than an average Karachiite.

True story bro.

Lahore is really not a fair enough comparison to Karachi given its a much older and culturally established city while Karachi is a 20th century Phenomenon.

One of my friends is a Hyderabadi.. very learned family.. His father was a chemical scientist and various of his research papers have been published.. more than 2/3rd of the family is in Army.
Any relation to Gen Mirza Aslam Baig?

?????
o_O

Kia peekar agaye ho ? @Blacklight Did you give him your booze ?
Quarantine may saaareeee khatammm, 3 din say nahi piya :lol:.

Ab main acha musalman bangaya hoon. Aaj Juma bhi parhi, me and the ghost that lives with me :D

I don't like pakistanis
You are special :kiss3:

Looks like a topic of immature School boys. It depends on how you view others. How one hAve been brought up. I am not racist so i view every Country men as sweet and brother. Being from khi i have interacted but infact have hindu friend and a christian friend (ex coworkers). Be it seraiki balochi punjabi urdu speaking or pakhtun or sindhi etc desnt matter. I have seen cunning a$$ hole in every community or ethnicity but that doesnt mean i would label the whole based in one rotten egg

You are stereotyping a lot of people.
Now that is wrong. One ethnicity cannot fall into group having certain characteristics.
A punjabi can speak better urdu then a karachite etc. I totally thinks that the way people speak urdu in karachi with karachite accent has ruined urud. A lahori might speaks it better then you.
May be by your experiences you are right but the urdu spoken in street (slang)is much different with the one taught in schools and spoken by many.

Looks like a topic of immature School boys. It depends on how you view others. How one hAve been brought up. I am not racist so i view every Country men as sweet and brother. Being from khi i have interacted but infact have hindu friend and a christian friend (ex coworkers). Be it seraiki balochi punjabi urdu speaking or pakhtun or sindhi etc desnt matter. I have seen cunning a$$ hole in every community or ethnicity but that doesnt mean i would label the whole based in one rotten egg

May be by your experiences you are right but the urdu spoken in street (slang)is much different with the one taught in schools and spoken by many.
My mother is from urdu speaking family. My father is a punjabi. My mother's extended family settled in karachi after partition except my nana jee who preffered to settle in lahore.
My mother's family speak such beautiful urdu with such beautiful accents with nay corruption like in karachi. And then when their extended family from karachi visit. It was a whole different world. With their thick accents and abey, aray and stuff. Just cheap way of how majority of karachities speak urdu. Besides most of urdu shairs are punjabi. Anyways not wna to go into some sort of comepetetion. But in karachi they don't have clear accents. They speak with karachite accent. Which is very repulsive to me atleast.

Can someone please tell me which ethnicity Dr. Saud Anwar is from.

hqdefault.jpg

Baat to yar sai hai. Mein bhi pehle aise hi sochta tha lekin sadly my discussion(which turned into debates) with the Karachiwalas at the office truned me off from em.

Such misunderstandings are exploited by enemies. And propoganda such as Punjabi army comes to light where the Punjabi has oppressed everyone the Bengali, Pathan, Baloch, Muhajir. Punjabi itna wela hai sab ko oppress karta phirta hai wah bhai wah.

BTW I tried to tell that to an "uncle" at office. But he was die hard supporter of bhai and hated Punjabis.
That also stems into the history of Pakistan and the narrative that began with the brown sahibs of Pakistan against the Bengalis who associated the socioeconomic bigotry of the early brown sahibs(mix of bureaucratsQ , Punjabi landowners and eventually Ayub Khan as the figurehead).. that narrative kept growing and the Punjabi became the bogeyman.

Concerning Bengalis there were faults on both sides, mostly on West Pakistan side. There was also a great deal of miscommunication as well between both parties. The Gangu true to its nature surely exploited this. Result is before us.

But the notion Punjabi is some super duper oppressor is ridiculous. Hum khud zameendaro, aur jagirdaron k hathon pareshan hain bhai.

Also the notion that the Karachiite or the Urdu speak is the only mazloom on the planet is a stretch. Yes that was true in the beginning but in modern ALL of PAKISTAN SUFFERS the same exact economic, societal, security problems. Exception in Karachi's case is probably the MQM/Gang violence/target killing whatever you wanna call it.

Allama Iqbal, God bless his soul gave us Pakistan. But we have done very little to do away with some of the psychological warfare gora did. And we have done little to forge our own identity and forge our own nation in the true meaning. We didn't really do institution/nation building, we just continued with whatever the gora left behind including all the ghaddar zameendars who used to oppress Sub Continent muslims side by side with the gora and got huge amount of land for it. Same zameendar dynasties are upon us now. Bhutto and Zardari families are case in point.
That also stems into the history of Pakistan and the narrative that began with the brown sahibs of Pakistan against the Bengalis who associated the socioeconomic bigotry of the early brown sahibs(mix of bureaucratsQ , Punjabi landowners and eventually Ayub Khan as the figurehead).. that narrative kept growing and the Punjabi became the bogeyman.

Pathan : politically more progressive then other ethnicities. Honest, hard and difficult to understand people (you mostly can't read ones mind). One thing I hate about Pashtoon is ( ghairat me chupi hue begerti). Kill own daughter for gherat if she leave home and marry someone she loved.

Saraiki : very friendly people. Language sound sweet but what they say is normally not so sweet. Our friends used to say "peo ko kalae". Sounded really sweet untill we to know it's meaning. Same like Pashtoon in one thing, if two saraiki and 40 other ethnicities people in one group. These two will always use saraiki for mutual communication (doesn't care what others will feel. And same is with Pashtoon).

Sindhi : no personal encounter yet.

Balochi ; nice , sweet, strong people. Like the really. Infact I want to visit parts of Balochistan and see it in detail, the people, the culture.

Punjabi : I wanted to marry a Punjabi girl. Really love the culture, people, food, cities and sense of humor. And they way they talk. I learnt Punjabi for this reason. Watch stage shows, Punjabi movies and songs since 10-12 years now.

Hindko speakers (of hazara KPK) : majority are nice people. Not much of mehman Nawaz and being a Pathan that really matter to me. Hard people in dealing with. I don't want to use it but the word "hath daram" came in to my mind while thinking of them. All this from my 5 years experience of living in Abbotabad, havelian, mansehra.

Last edited:
These are just perceptions what outsiders think about them. In reality they are not different only difference is language. Even all members of 1 family are not same Puri ethnicity to bahut door ki baat ha.

That's why I said majority are nice people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom