What's new

Pakistanis !!! How do you find different Pakistani Ethnicities? Share your opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are stereotyping a lot of people.
Now that is wrong. One ethnicity cannot fall into group having certain characteristics.
A punjabi can speak better urdu then a karachite etc. I totally thinks that the way people speak urdu in karachi with karachite accent has ruined urud. A lahori might speaks it better then you.
A phustoons can be a genius. Etc.
Please don't stereotype.
Love Pakistanis of all ethnicities.
I enjoy meeting everyone. The first intersection you have is in universities.
You meet people of all background.
In my collage and university, the first people you notice are from gilgit baltistan as they are most active in societies and college activities and stuff and representation and showing their beautiful culture to the world.
Similarly you meet different punjabis from sialkot, multan, etc. They used to make fun of us lahoris. They are biggot in their sense. But we lahorities also consider them too paindo. So may be that's why. Also they think that some how big city like lahore people are not friendly and don't meet neighbours and stuff which is another type of stereotyping. Just because you are from small town in punjab doesn't make you more good then a lahori.
Similarly we have a sindhi hindu teacher sir punhal in our university. He always apply mehndi on his hand and nails whenever he return from home and that was totally common in sindh rural areas not in punjab. People don't bully because he is a teacher but if it is a student people would eat him alive.
People from kpk etc are really nice. My best friend is from parachinar. He took me to parachinar. It was awesome experience. The city is more clean and beautiful with big houses then you think. Again here we lahorities stereotype them being backwards while they are not.
People from abotabad would tell you their problems like in winters their pipe lines burst and water freeze in winters and stuff.
Similarly hazara people who sit in bus besides me, were always mistaken for Chinese. I remember hazara classmates sharing bus with me and all people start saying Chinese Chinese. One kid even pointed out : 'look ami Chinese' and were amazed to see them speak urdu. Very very sweet people, very cultured and well mannered.
You find people from all walks of life and they can be very different from the stereotypes we have of them.

lahoris are the worst people in Pakistan and I am punjabi. Look at the openly gay couples in packages mall these days. Keeping long hair like bhangis and strumming guitars with plaid button up shirts and girls skinny jeans in the park.

when I speak punjabi with lahoris they think my accent is tait and paindu, but when I answer them in English in American accent they are ready to sit on my minar e Pakistan(guys and girls). Anywhere you go in lahore takes an hour and a half. Very polluted city with people always trying to rip you off and giving wrong directions.

the girls mostly dress like whores with caked up make up and shirts that show them half naked. I guess they think it’s modern, but their dressing is the actual definition of paindu.

And don’t get me started on eating donkeys and dogs.

The list goes on... of course not all lahoris are like this but this is what I have mostly observed.

If you want to see a clean city in Pakistan without government assistance please come visit bahawalpur.

Last edited:

my cousin was walking in the mall and she saw a couple walking while embracing eachother. She said the girl had very silky, long and beautiful hair. As she walked past them to see their faces she was in horror as the girl she thought had beautiful hair was a skinny dude with a beard. :lol:

I have travelled extensively in Pakistan and found people to be nice warm and welcoming. As long as you are nice you will find good people.
That's the most important thing we Pakistani's might have different opinions of others but once we get to know each other we get along really well because really are more similar than different.

with people always trying to rip you off and giving wrong directions.
Lol thats a practical joke us Lahoris have been running on tourists since ages. First i was a victim than i became culprit. Lahore aa k raa ni puchna.

That's the most important thing we Pakistani's might have different opinions of others but once we get to know each other we get along really well because really are more similar than different.

Lol thats a practical joke us Lahoris have been running on tourists since ages. First i was a victim than i became culprit. Lahore aa k raa ni puchna.

not a very good joke.

I identify them from their accents. For example in Germany I can identify someone from Gujranwala, Gujrat, Sialkot etc. from his accent and the choice of vocabulary while speaking Punjabi language. I can even differentiate between someone from Gujranwala and someone from our neighboring Gujrat because people of Gujrat have some specific pronunciations of specific words different from us in Gujranwala. That is the level of accuracy in my case.

I can instantly identify an indian punjabi from the his accent and his vocabulary unless he happens to be from some migrant origin punjabi pakistani family. I have an accent and vocabulary detector ON all the time. I am basically a quasi linguist because I have been curious about various accents and preferred vocabularies of people since my teenage.

Edit: I just saw the OP and I noticed that he was "judging" various ethnicities, for me this is plain BS, every individual is different, I didn't like his stereotyping of the people. Great Gama the strongest man of South Asia was produced in central Punjab, not in Balochistan or KPK. There are tough punjabi, weak punjabi, tough pashtuns, weak pashtuns etc. There is no one size fit to all for all individuals of any ethnicity. After living in Germany and having interacted with multiple people from almost all major countries of the world I have stopped stereotyping the whole ethnicites because it is BS. The only exception to this rule are gangus of india.
I agree with your post but Gama was a Kashmiri.

I like Lahore and food ummm.
Andaaz in food street is the best by far

When I was in school i had a crush on a girl. Her father was also in army.
Her father was pashtun mother from panjab. I was so infatuated that I told went home and told me mother to ask her parents. Didnt go well for me.:lol:

I even made friends with her cousins and even went to her village near chota lahore.. alas... :lol:

Well not all of our dreams come true. I instead loved a Pathani before I met any suitable Punjabi girl so married her.

Kahani time? :D

ISS pe pro aap. :partay:

Dear Brothers,

It is due to our inability to understand the other persons POV, cultural mindset, or communication gap, that "WE" resort to racial stereotypes.

Let's understand this impediment, and spread awareness, to overcome it, in order for us to become a more homogeneous i.e. well knit, tolerant society.

To me this thread, is a light hearted attempt at achieve the same, but lets walk away from this thread, having learnt something important.

Thank You!

Concerning Bengalis there were faults on both sides, mostly on West Pakistan side. There was also a great deal of miscommunication as well between both parties. The Gangu true to its nature surely exploited this. Result

But the notion Punjabi is some super duper oppressor is ridiculous. Hum khud zameendaro, aur jagirdaron k hathon pareshan hain bhai.

Also the notion that the Karachiite or the Urdu speak is the only mazloom on the planet is a stretch. Yes that was true in the beginning but in modern ALL of PAKISTAN SUFFERS the same exact economic, societal, security problems. Exception in Karachi's case is probably the MQM/Gang violence/target killing whatever you wanna call it.

Allama Iqbal, God bless his soul gave us Pakistan. But we have done very little to do away with some of the psychological warfare gora did. And we have done little to forge our own identity and forge our own nation in the true meaning. We didn't really do institution/nation building, we just continued with whatever the gora left behind including all the ghaddar zameendars who used to oppress Sub Continent muslims side by side with the gora and got huge amount of land for it. Same zameendar dynasties are upon us now. Bhutto and Zardari families are case in point.

The bold part is the key point. Why do we have the jokes against the Sardar?
Has one ever considered that it may have originated during the rise of the Sikh power and the British struggling with it? So by showing them as dumb simpletons, one could keep the morale of their forces up and reputation of the enemies low.
The same goes for the pushtoons.. the Brit’s engaged them in AFG.. and suddenly the pathan became the dumbest creature on the earth.

Even today the divide and conquer policies are in effect from our erstwhile masters and those continue from ethnic lines to sectarian ones. There is a book by the father of Raza Pehalvi I believe where he recounts finding out that one of the most revered religious leaders in Iran had most of his inner circle comprised of British men .. uncircumcised and all.
Today there are “schools” in certain countries churning out “ulema” for us.. or buying them outright here. Some of them sit on in the so-called Islamic ideology council.. but then I digress.

Other smaller narratives exist as well besides the british... for e.g the Nawabs of lucknow had some issue with rivals in Agra, so an expression was coined to show their disdain by suggesting that stupidity was associated with Agra.. “Agre ke hain”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom