What's new

Pakistanis Happier

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe a large population leads to large problems. While they do have a problem with poverty, its not on the same level of India. They also have a land area as compared to India, so its not as overpopulated & congested as India. I also believe political repression could be one of the causes for their unhappiness. Also, with the label of being 'a superpower' come huge expectations, & if you don't really meet them, then that is a huge cause for unhappiness too. China has also been cut off from most of the world for many years, & its only since its become an economic superpower that the whole world's attention has turned towards them. Could also be because of the one-child policy j/k j/k :D

map-population-asia-china-india.jpg

At least get your facts right before you try to pass off your theories as facts.

I believe a large population leads to large problems. While they do have a problem with poverty, its not on the same level of India. They also have a land area as compared to India, so its not as overpopulated & congested as India. I also believe political repression could be one of the causes for their unhappiness. Also, with the label of being 'a superpower' come huge expectations, & if you don't really meet them, then that is a huge cause for unhappiness too. China has also been cut off from most of the world for many years, & its only since its become an economic superpower that the whole world's attention has turned towards them. Could also be because of the one-child policy j/k j/k :D

You seriously believe that ordinary chinease or Indian care about being superpower and are genuinely unhappy when expectations are not met? I would say it has to do with individual aspirations( not collective) which when not met leads to dissatisfaction.

so according to the servey Indians are happier than chines
intrestingly servey was done in US , i was just thinking nobody comes to me for this servey...

give it a pass , nothing conclusive by reports made seating in AC rooms in US..

Sad is the one who want something from life.!!its a sign of a progressive attitude.

As they say insaan kisi bhi halat mai khush nahi hota...

Even Zardari is not happy.

It is just that we have less raundoos in our country.

The emphasis is on being optimistic, not aspiring.

map-population-asia-china-india.jpg

At least get your facts right before you try to pass off your theories as facts.

I was giving my opinion, not trying to pass it off as fact. And btw, most of China is underpopulated unlike India (as can be seen above). In India, there is no place that is underpopulated.

As they say insaan kisi bhi halat mai khush nahi hota...

Even Zardari is not happy.

It is just that we have less raundoos in our country.

The emphasis is on being optimistic, not aspiring.

I'll take aspiring over being optimistic anyday.

Optimistic = Sit on your a** and wait for things to change.

Aspire = Get off your a** and change it.

If you want an honest answer, its because Pakistan isn't as populated & overpopulated as India, it doesn't have poverty, scams & other stuff on the same levels as India. There is better wealth distribution in Pakistan as compared to India. While there are all these problems in India, it also has to deal with the label of 'shining India' & the 'next superpower' by its own leaders, & the common Indian does not see what this great 'shining India' is in light of all the problems in the country. There are no such labels for Pakistan, Pakistanis face difficulties with optimism, & they find happiness in the smallest things in life. When Pakistan lost to India in the cricket semi finals, people lauded Afridi & called him a hero, & when he arrived back at the Karachi Airport, he was greeted with hugs, flowers, & Pakistani flags. That's the truth. If you want to keep hating Pakistan & maintaining with your misconceptions about it, be my guest.

I am in the suffering group...tax, Pf, Lta cuts are eating into my expense and making me suffer.

The difference is the probability of converting that aspiration into reality.

If you are going by probability then probabilities are endless. If you say that India has more chance of achieving what it aspires for then it is true. However, then we shouldn't be happy. So why are we happy?

No the reason is that we Pakistanis are extremely optimistic people. We take hard times as fact of life while i have noticed among Indians that they don't believe in this reality. Difference is the patience here. We are extremely patient people while Indians seem to be restless. Partly because of our religion and partly because of our culture.

However i must say that i doubt this survey. Some time back we were considered the least smiling nation along with Russia i think and now we are the most content. Strange!

I was giving my opinion, not trying to pass it off as fact. And btw, most of China is underpopulated unlike India. In India, there is no place that is underpopulated.

---------- Post added at 01:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 PM ----------

True, but with China the population is denser in the developed areas unlike India where the population is much denser in the least developed areas, namely the North-Eastern belt.

Two threads going on about the same topic. Mods need to merge.

Two ways to interpret this:

- Indians are becoming more materialistic (and possibly less spiritual).

- It is well known that Pakistan is a poor country, but individual Pakistanis are well off because most people don't pay taxes.

Last edited by a moderator:
My own thoughts on this issue (garnered from the "extensive" research done on fellow PDF members.:P)

The Chinese aren't happy because - notwithstanding the boasting that they do, they know the Americans are still way ahead.
The Indians aren't happy because - notwithstanding the boasting that they do, they know the Chinese are still ahead.
The Pakistanis aren't happy because - not withstanding the boasting they do... who the heck cares - The Chinese are ahead of Indians... Pakistanis very happy.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom