What's new

Pakistanis Become Refugees in Own Country

You people are idiots the drones are authorized by Government of Pakistan they allow the drone strikes to occur. You talk about shooting them down, why shoot down something that you have authorized? These drone strikes on militants are given tacit approval by the Government of Pakistan there is an agreement with the US. The drone strikes are not seen as attacks on Pakistan by the Government of Pakistan.

So it's not as if helpless Governmet can't do anything, its that the drone strikes are agreed upon.

You don't even have to shoot them down just stop authorization.

Dude, wake up smell the coffee, you know this posturing of closing land routes to NATO is not what it seems from the outside.. USA will be kissing Afghan goodbye in 2013. USA is not there for long term now, they would have got that if they were really really enthusiastic on that..

HELLOoooo , anyone home (knocking on your head)..... USA not saying what you think.... they said clearly they are not leaving Afghanistan in 2013, what they are saying their forces will not be in fighting role in Afghanistan and security of the country will be transferred to Afghan counterparts...

That is why they have taken some bases in Afghanistan which will going to stay... Afghan gov, have agreed to this, and given permission to US forces to stay beyond 2013...

You people are idiots the drones are authorized by Government of Pakistan they allow the drone strikes to occur. You talk about shooting them down, why shoot down something that you have authorized? These drone strikes on militants are given tacit approval by the Government of Pakistan there is an agreement with the US. The drone strikes are not seen as attacks on Pakistan by the Government of Pakistan.

So it's not as if helpless Governmet can't do anything, its that the drone strikes are agreed upon.

You don't even have to shoot them down just stop authorization.

Do you have any proof of such claims, dont give me any US gov, or army personal speech links , they dont provide any documented proofs as well , they are well know lies ...

they are just saying , we do drone attacks with the authorization of Pakistan gov, but they never show us any proofs ... WHY ,???

wikileaks are just another CIA tool of creating misinformation ......

lol, they wont be able to leave afghanistan like USSR did, they cannot leave all that gold (Military stuff) behind,
There are no land routes to take these things back :)
Cost of air lifting them is very high... (BTW all equipment cant be air lift)
Destroying them is not a option , as information of materials will leak out...
etc etc etc list is so so long ....
I must say you are under estimating USA. Anyways if you think so I have no problems :)
But they can lift anything from anywhere :D if they want.
OBL operation is good example to understand what and how uncle Sam can do :D

Bro, But problem is that a decade of force has been used...we remember the bitter taste of using millitary in 1971 in our other part....If USA leaves this region then let the people do their civil war (MAY ALLAH not)...these civil wars happen,let them rise themselves...at one side you are funding and otherside killing (God knows best), but ordinary people of PAK and Afghan suffering...it is PAkistan who accomodated huge Afghan brother (why Pakistan took part in the war of soviat union when their was china, IRan? (I'm no political either)....
Pakistan had hoped for a good friend in US and which US so desperately projected to be.. It turns out US does things only to please itself but has a very annoying habbit of interfering in others affairs.. Indians learned that long back and hence keep a safe distance.

HELLOoooo , anyone home (knocking on your head)..... USA not saying what you think.... they said clearly they are not leaving Afghanistan in 2013, what they are saying their forces will not be in fighting role in Afghanistan and security of the country will be transferred to Afghan counterparts...

That is why they have taken some bases in Afghanistan which will going to stay... Afghan gov, have agreed to this, and given permission to US forces to stay beyond 2013...
US has stated that they will not be in a fighting role but in a supporting role.. Do you think for a supporting role they will keep oiling the war machine there and will not withdraw a lot of troops? They will start reducing the troops from 2013 and by 2014 they will withdraw from Afghan, meaning removing most of their personnel..

Do you have any proof of such claims, dont give me any US gov, or army personal speech links , they dont provide any documented proofs as well , they are well know lies ...

they are just saying , we do drone attacks with the authorization of Pakistan gov, but they never show us any proofs ... WHY ,???

for the bold part I agree!

WoT is biggest mistake on behalf of Pakistan's policy makers. They shouldn't have got involved into it in first place.
And when they have to have get involved they shuld have been doing the work USA desired honestly against the garrenty of Protection from India. But unfortunately they give message to USA that they aren't faithful. ( there is a YouTube video from BBC that explains the western view)
So now situation is worst. Pak lost a long time friend to India and insurgency get out of hand in the times when economy isn't doing great.
China is Pak friend only against India and not for developing Pak as a nation. USA would have helped Pak alot than China could ever do

I must say you are under estimating USA. Anyways if you think so I have no problems :)
But they can lift anything from anywhere :D if they want.
OBL operation is good example to understand what and how uncle Sam can do :D

and i must tell you that you are over estimating USA,

They cant lift anything from everywhere, trust me ... time will tell you

Firstly, OBL operation have lots of questions to be answered. even if we trust 100% what usa is saying about this operation, even then there was no response from Pakistani , side, dont you thing in case of any response from Pak army they could do the OBL operation without any hiccups ??? answer is simple...

How many here read the article?

Seems to be a problem on PDF - we have so many posting without reading the article. What has drones to do with this article? It's Pakistani military or Taliban shooting indiscriminately at each other and or making the lives miserable for the people. Clearly states it if you read the article. Yet you have USA and drone attacks being discussed? How many times will you try to deflect problems in your house on others?

and i must tell you that you are over estimating USA,

They cant lift anything from everywhere, trust me ... time will tell you

Firstly, OBL operation have lots of questions to be answered. even if we trust 100% what usa is saying about this operation, even then there was no response from Pakistani , side, dont you thing in case of any response from Pak army they could do the OBL operation without any hiccups ??? answer is simple...
So what are you suggesting ??? Pak killing Seal team 6 ??? :D
Plus I am getting interested in what is that you think it can't be airlifted ??? Can you name some or one thing ???

So what are you suggesting ??? Pak killing Seal team 6 ??? :D
Plus I am getting interested in what is that you think it can't be airlifted ??? Can you name some or one thing ???

i am not suggesting anything ... time will show you, just wait and see

Seems to be a problem on PDF - we have so many posting without reading the article. What has drones to do with this article? It's Pakistani military or Taliban shooting indiscriminately at each other and or making the lives miserable for the people. Clearly states it if you read the article. Yet you have USA and drone attacks being discussed? How many times will you try to deflect problems in your house on others?

but how can they no longer be refugees? This article suggesting an end of war---an appeal of these refugees?. They are looking for solution to their problem, so we think a peace can only resume their status..It is directly implications of the imposed war on
terror ...Any issue related to war-ravaged area comes under the terrible consequece of war! (JUSt my opinion)...

PEACE

When is the last time you heard a senior level Government official in the administration complain about drone strikes?

OP add his OWN opinion in the post if you missed it. That's how Drone attack comes in. Still totally agree with your comment

I think drone attacks and war must be stoped....As I already tolder here that these dron attackes has displaced people and Pakistanis are suffering alot, there is alot of frustration...PTI leader, Imran Khan already told USA that with every attack people are multiplying, as the sentiments of the public against US rosed after energy-starvation from past five years, economic, poverty .it is loosing stability and .....Why not consider an option to hit a bomb to Pakistan like in JAPAN as now everyone is agaist the policies of USA, it wil kill your all 180million wanted terrorists and you will get PEACE champion trophy, instead of waging a war from past decade (looking like Pakistan is in the state of) and doing massacre )...even I know here in UK very well educated foreigners who were assuming USA as warrior not helping people in the region...
What a nice way to treat an old friend (question mark!)...Friends not MASTERS a book writen by the Pakistan president devoted to PAK-US friendship...

Dear Pakistanis,

Don't listen to the Bhartis.

Those are our own people suffering. The ISI needs to target the TTP, but Zardari has already sold the country to outside, by handicapping our PA, and ISI.

I know for a fact that many tribes within FATA are with the PA, and fighting against the Taliban, but ultimately it's the job of the military to provide security for the people.

To All:
I feel we not astrayed all those who knowing the context of these refugess...I've listed reason those who think we are off-topic with an apology (though seems so, but please see the contexts of posted article)

================================
(1)Drone Attacks Causing Massive Displacement

The Sunday Times (UK)–following another attack that killed 13 people including women and children–reports that as many as one million people have fled their homes:

“As many as 1m people have fled their homes in the Tribal Areas to escape attacks by the unmanned spy planes as well as bombings by the Pakistani army. In Bajaur agency entire villages have been flattened by Pakistani troops under growing American pressure to act against Al-Qaeda militants, who have made the area their base.

Kacha Garhi is one of 11 tented camps across Pakistan’s frontier province once used by Afghan refugees and now inhabited by hundreds of thousands of Pakistanis made homeless in their own land.

So far 546,000 have registered as internally displaced people (IDPs) according to figures provided by Rabia Ali, spokesman for the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, and Maqbool Shah Roghani, administrator for IDPs at the Commission for Afghan Refugees.”

The displacement could lead to a humanitarian crisis, as displaced peoples are unable to return to their homes as attacks continue. According to The Sunday Times (UK), conditions will likely worsen as the camps increase in size and the summer heat creeps in. Food and shelter are already running low. Beyond the humanitarian situation, the attacks are generating anti-american sentiment that could lead to further instability within the country.

Drone Attacks Supported by the Obama Administration
The Obama administration supports the use of drone attacks and has continued their use following his inauguration earlier this year. Since taking office, the attacks have remained a regular occurrence and they are a critical part of his strategy for Afghanistan.

The administration maintains that the area is a haven for militants and that the attacks are necessary. However, it is engaging in a slight review of the program:

“The administration considers the program a success, and the program isn’t expected to be significantly curtailed. But officials familiar with the review say it could change the pace and size of the program, and make some technical refinements in an effort to hit targets faster. The review seeks to determine under what circumstances drones should be used, the officials say.”

What’s noteworthy about the review is aimed primarily at refining the program, not curtailing it. It’s not interested in exploring the human costs of the policy, examining questions pertaining to international law, or anything like that. Instead it is mainly focused at increasing the “effectiveness.”

Report: Thousands Displaced in Pakistan by U.S. Drone Attacks | MediaMouse

====================================================================

Jamima khan and other guy here talking about drone attacks and displacement and causalities:

(2)

http://pakistan66.blogspot.co.uk/2012/02/jemima-khan-fights-against-drone.html

=======================================================================
(3)
The boy sitting with me in these photos was protesting against deadly US drone strikes... Three days later he was killed ¿ by a US drone, says Jemima Khan | Mail Online

The boy, 16, sitting with me in these photos was protesting against deadly US drone strikes... Three days later he was killed – by a US drone, says Jemima Khan

Read more: The boy sitting with me in these photos was protesting against deadly US drone strikes... Three days later he was killed ¿ by a US drone, says Jemima Khan | Mail Online

article-2133282-1295A7FF000005DC-312_634x539.jpg

article-0-12B46F65000005DC-332_634x433.jpg

What is happening is a crime, an injustice,’ shouted Khan Marjan, an angry tribal leader in a large white turban. ‘Can bombs be dropped on people like this? What would happen if this was Islamabad? Are we not human beings too?’A 16-year-old boy called Saadullah hobbled into the conference hall on prosthetic limbs – he had lost his legs and his sight two years earlier. ‘I used to dream of being a doctor,’ he told us. ‘Now I can’t even go to school. I’m not even human.’

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/04/21/article-2133282-0F7DAC9400000578-544_634x414.jpg
article-2133282-0F7DAC9400000578-544_634x414.jpg

Shahzad Akbar, a Pakistani lawyer, is so convinced of Tariq and Waheed’s innocence that he is preparing to bring a lawsuit against the US ambassador to Pakistan.
In response to the death of Tariq, an anonymous US official was quoted in a piece carried on ABC News saying that the car was targeted by the CIA because ‘the two people inside it were militants’. Washington refuses to comment further.The US’s drone war remains a classified CIA program. There is no reliable information and the US administration rarely acknowledges the existence of the drones in the Pakistani skies. Officially it ‘neither confirms nor denies the existence or non-existence of the program’.
President Obama has argued that the use of drone technology is the best way of targeting militants while minimising civilian casualties. Under his administration, the use of drones has increased tenfold. It seems it is easier to eliminate suspected terrorist suspects than to detain them at Guantanamo.
The high-tech weapons have indeed killed many alleged high-ranking Al Qaeda terrorists. Last year alone, drones reportedly killed senior Al Qaeda officials including Atiyah abd al-Rahman, the alleged second in command, Abu Zaid al-Iraqi, the alleged finance chief, and Ilyas Kashmiri, a senior commander. Drones were also used to track Osama Bin Laden’s movements before the raid in which he was killed.

Data suggests that at least two-thirds of those killed are reported to be militants, although only a few are ever named.
Despite an official US statement claiming that there have been no ‘non-combatant deaths’ as a result of drone strikes, there is a growing sentiment, especially in Pakistan, that too many civilians are also being killed.
Independent research suggests that some victims, like Tariq, are under 18. The Bureau of Investigative Journalism has been compiling a database and has found credible reports of between 464 and 815 civilian fatalities in the strikes, 175 of them children.In mid-August last year a strike in Miranshah, North Waziristan, hit a housing compound and a vehicle in the vicinity of a girls’ school. A local intelligence official was later reported as saying that two or three women and a child were among the dead.

Covert surveillance: Drones were used to track Osama Bin Laden in the build up to the U.S. mission to kill him in his Pakistan compound
A year earlier, in the early hours of August 23, 2010, Hellfire missiles hit a compound in Dande Darpa Khel, North Waziristan, allegedly killing ten militants.

Among the dead were Bismullah Khan – said to be an innocent tribesman – his wife and two young children aged eight and ten. They left behind three young orphans, who survived the blast.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-US-drone-says-Jemima-Khan.html#ixzz1tdLXbD2c

Back
Top Bottom