What's new

Pakistani Tv Series got Highest TRP in Indian in 2014-Indians Media

Why are Pakistani serials shown on Zee's Zindagi channel increasing in popularity when we have at least 100 serials currently showing on entertainment channels? - Quora

Vivek Gupta, optimist,sensitive and believer
3 upvotes by Saima Siddiqui, Taha Siddiqui, and Sabeen Umar.
Here are ten reasons why Pakistani serials shown on Zee's Zindagi channel increasing in popularity compare to Indian counterpart.
  • Good Things Come In Small Packages : The best part about these Pakistani serials is that they have a definite end.These Pakistani shows have water-tight scripts and they don’t believe in stretching them beyond tolerance.The fact that shows like ‘Zindagi Gulzar Hai’ are being re-telecast on popular demand goes on to show that the crisper the plot is, the more memorable it is.
  • There’s A Whole World In Between Black And White : The characters aren’t good or bad, they’re just real. They’re not one dimensional; they have layers to their personalities, just like you and me. Characters like the arrogantly self-dependent Kashaf, the thoughtful Zaroon (Zindagi Gulzar Hai), the insecure Maham Bakhtiyar (Mere Qatil Mere Dildar), the innocent and gullible simpleton Pagli Baaji (Kash Main Teri Beti Na Hoti) and the patriarch Shah Ji are so well written, they are bound to stay with you for a long time.How often do you find such well written characters in the Indian television?
  • Overacting Never Helps : Start watching these Pakistani shows and you’d realize how no woman turns around thrice saying ‘kya! Kya! Kya!’ or drops a ‘thaali’ or beats her chest while crying. They don’t howl or shriek. Thunderous slaps don’t happen. Women don’t roll their eyes and twitch their lips. They look and behave like normal human beings and not characters out of a cartoon series. Fawad Khan leads by example here. His performances are so nuanced; he has become a rage in India in just a few weeks. Not only are these Pakistani actors good looking, they act brilliantly well too.
  • Substance Over Cheap Thrills : The plot lines are strong enough to hold the audience’s attention. They aren’t enticed into believing in ridiculous concepts like reincarnation and black magic. Characters don’t get plastic surgeries done. Neither do the dead return on the day their spouses are finally getting re-married., not do their spirits haunt the families. And sadly, that’s all Indian television is about. Pakistani serials do not take their audiences to be fools.
  • Tasteful Music : Enough of those loud background scores! The title tracks in these Pakistani shows are well composed and beautifully sung. The TV shows aren’t unnecessarily sensationalized like in the Indian television. Bizarre sounds and background scores don’t begin each time a character appears on screen. Most of these Pakistani serials don’t even have a background score in fact, unless the scene really demands it. And yet, the soulful title track remains with you long after you’ve seen the show.
  • Stereotyping Is Never Cool : Even though most stories on Zindagi revolve around Muslim characters, they are never made into typical Muslim caricatures that most of our shows seem to propagate. Their characters don’t go around saying ‘Mashallah’ or ‘Subhanallah’ as you may expect them to, going by what has been shown on the Indian screen so far. And there’s no ‘sher-o-shayari’ or ‘qawwali’ either. Surprised? Thanks to Indian TV series like ‘Beintehaan’ and ‘Qubool Hai’, we have all wrong notions about the world. The words these Pakistani characters speak are believably graceful and yet not stereotypical.
  • Realism Over Extravagance : Zindagi is all about the many aspects of life and the complexities within. The sets don’t look like segments out of a Sanjay Leela Bhansali film. The poor look poor and the middle class don’t live in palaces, unlike our TV shows, where everything is distastefully larger than life and unbelievably extravagant. The make-up doesn’t make women look like bizarre creatures and the men are spared the horror of being pancaked till they start looking like women. The characters look as real as they can.
  • Women Liberation In The Correct Sense Of The Term : While the Indian television puts forward one regressive notion of the ‘sanskari’ Indian woman after the other, these Pakistani TV series get the concept of women liberation spot on. They don’t propagate the idea of a woman’s world revolving around her man. There’s more to women than dressing up, gossiping, cooking, waiting for their husbands, participating in talk-a-thons with their mother-in-laws and shedding tears. The shows neither idealize the rebel-with-no-cause just to be cool nor do they look down upon the conformist characters in them. Issues like work place exploitation, incest, domestic violence, rape and prostitution are dealt with boldly yet sensitively. The society they show is much more progressive than ours, in more ways than one. The women in these shows definitely set an example for us.
  • Religion Is Not The Centre Of Everybody’s Life : Idol worship has been such an inevitable part of our Indian TV shows that we almost forgot that it was possible for serials to begin and end without a family pooja or a religious procession after every three episodes. The shows on Zindagi look beyond religion and tackle issues we all deal with in our daily lives. A character’s goodness or evilness doesn’t depend on whether he prays or not. In fact, religion isn’t even a part of most of these serials. Wouldn’t it be great to see an Indian TV show that doesn’t talk about ‘bhagwan’ or to be more precise, Hinduism for once
  • Maturity Is What Separates Real Depictions From Cliches : Even a show like ‘Aunn Zara’ that is primarily a love story, depicts the complexities of relationships the way they should be. Not just romantic relationships, these shows are equally adept at dealing with all equations between their character.
the first point itself is good enough for me.. I always like small series. The guy has really put a lot of thought into the answer.

Some people just can't take things the way they are. Everything is an attack. Mark my words: our media will take the world by storm soon!

Watch them. You'll be glad you did.
And I hope you are not one of those who think of is some cultural invasion or superiority fight...its just some entertainment.

Lol. You must be new here, as you don't have the priming of my thoughts. @hinduguy would you do the honours? Drum rolls, please!
And I hope you are not one of those who think of is some cultural invasion or superiority fight...its just some entertainment.

good to see that...
Indian serial are shi+ , saas babhu and sazish se kisi ko fursat nahi hai...

its good Pakistani serials are gaining hold... its a unsaid mute warning to Indian serial makers, either bring in some good subjective serials or get out of business

There are quite a few good Pakistani drama serials. They beat Indian ones hands down. I highly recommend them to indian members here. They will give you a window to peek into real Pakistani society. Have it a go, please. It is quality entertainment.

ok.. sure
@AshishDelhi .. he is a balanced poster... he was made TT within few weeks of joining pdf due to quality of his post, you might disagree with his views(sometimes I do) but not quality of content in his post.
Good to know. I started with a positive comment as this show was appreciated by one of my friend..but then people start talking about isi and what not.

Ah... the sweet smell of praise! On a serious note, had to deal with an Indian poster who lashed out, :D, then realised my reputation wasn't known to him.

Thanks, bro. What's been up?
ok.. sure
@AshishDelhi .. he is a balanced poster... he was made TT within few weeks of joining pdf due to quality of his post, you might disagree with his views(sometimes I do) but not quality of content in his post.

Good to know. I started with a positive comment as this show was appreciated by one of my friend..but then people start talking about isi and what not.
we are all individuals here. I wont like to defend your comments... and you cant possibly ask him to defend somebody else's comments...

And please consider this as an opportunity to know and understand your neighbours as real people and not something as cultural invasion.

Back
Top Bottom