What's new

Pakistani transgender candidate to run for office

Seen it happen plenty of times.

They are men after-all.

And I don't know where you got the idea that I hate them.

Ok..so then on a serious note...

if they are men like you and me...why not allow them their political rights and allow them to contest elections?
Wouldnt it be the awams decision to bring them to power or not?

And as far as immorality is concerned...having seen politicians and their lifestyles first hand, I can guarantee you that politicians (i can speak only for India, but gonna assume Pakistani Politicos are not that far behind)...straight or gay have the most immoral ways EVER!

Nothing to see here - all people in society must have their fundamental rights.

Ok..so then on a serious note...

if they are men like you and me...why not allow them their political rights and allow them to contest elections?
Wouldnt it be the awams decision to bring them to power or not?

And as far as immorality is concerned...having seen politicians and their lifestyles first hand, I can guarantee you that politicians (i can speak only for India, but gonna assume Pakistani Politicos are not that far behind)...straight or gay have the most immoral ways EVER!

I don't see a problem with it.

Most of the Pakistanis who don't want them to run for office, are the same ones that allow them to come dance at weddings.

There should be no double standards.

I don't see a problem with it.

Most of the Pakistanis who don't want them to run for office, are the same ones that allow them to come dance at weddings.

There should be no double standards.

I concur...no double standards..

For some reason I thought your tone earlier was not in support of this news...

I definitely see this as a positive development for Pakistan....something that shows that liberal Pakistan is still very active and out there...bravo!

WTF....what do you mean by "Why"

these people prostitute themselves and are immoral

only the strongest survive.....they have hands and legs, they dont need to engage in immoral and indecent activities and also give a bad example to the children when they walk in the streets

they also spread HIV and other diseases so if they dont survive, i dont think i would be crying tears that day

No. Not just like that. Do you think they want to live this way? They are more innocent than you give them credit for. Did you know that through the ages these people have been given no other choice than to live the way they do? No one even hires them as menial labor.
The society itself has forced them into this corner and now we judge them for it. A child born with these tendencies is first thrown out of his house and then forced into a society-dictated role which is ruthlessly imposed on him, most of the times, against his will. Have you ever seen the way they are treated? A prostitute fares a lot better than these poor souls. They are abused emotionally, physically and psychologically throughout their lives. And btw prostitution does not come as an inherent trait for the transgenders neither is this phenomena comparable to homosexuality. Seriously, sit with one of them someday and ask them all these questions, you will change your mind.

ps: the act that you see on the streets is just an act, again enforced upon them by the society.

Who enforced it and who imposed this lifestyle on them? I'm not sure if I could agree Bhai

Gays have limited rights even in liberal west nations

Yup, ask a gay married couple in the us states that allow and recognize gay marriage.
When these couple file their taxes, the federal taxed cannot be filed as married & that can create additional
tax liability. They only get to files a s married for the state returns.

Back
Top Bottom