What's new

Pakistani teen burnt alive by her mother for choosing own husband

Villages main sub se ziyada IJJAT hoti hai , kaash hamri parliment walo ko bhi IJJAT ajay

What a tragedy..ignorance is the worst enemy of humanity...what a disgraceful act.

Did you read the damn news? It clearly states that it was disapproved by her family based on ethnic differences( The girl was Punjabi and man was a Pashtun)...a thing which runs through traditions influenced by Hinduism. Islam does not support ethnic divisions so please do not distort the story.

Sorry. But does that mean the purpose for converting to Islam has failed? Another thing I notice is the refusal of Arabs to marry Muslims of Sub continent descent or their state refusal to give them citizenship (obtained after several hardships).
Still lots of centuries after conversion Pakistani Muslims still identify based on caste such as Jats, Rajputs, Mirs and so on. Its same in India as well. Normal Muslims dont usually marry off people to Dalit converts or lower caste Muslims.

Sorry. But does that mean the purpose for converting to Islam has failed? Another thing I notice is the refusal of Arabs to marry Muslims of Sub continent descent or their state refusal to give them citizenship (obtained after several hardships).
Still lots of centuries after conversion Pakistani Muslims still identify based on caste such as Jats, Rajputs, Mirs and so on. Its same in India as well. Normal Muslims dont usually marry off people to Dalit converts or lower caste Muslims.

Decision to marry or not marry is personal choice.

Decision to grant citizenship or not is a country issue not faith issue

You become muslims becasue you found a reasonable explanation for life / and after life events

Frankly I never heard of any caste in our family I only saw such wording on websites built by Hindu oweners

It might be big thing in India

Would not know a difference between Mir or Khir , or Sawaiyan

Fundamental rules apply
a) Be Rich or Making money
b) Don't be butt ugly
c) Have some personality

Decision to marry or not marry is personal choice.

Decision to grant citizenship or not is a country issue not faith issue

You become muslims becasue you found a reasonable explanation for life / and after life events

Frankly I never heard of any caste in our family I only saw such wording on websites built by Hindu oweners

It might be big thing in India

Would not know a difference between Mir or Khir , or Sawaiyan

Nope. Seen people here claiming people converted to escape caste system. Even some Pakistanis boasting that they belonged to some XYZ castes.

"Pathani jokes", must have shaped her mindset......i cant blame her. ""Pathani" jokes are so much popular in Punjab and Sindh that common people there believe it to be a truth. Any mother, believing in stereotypes about Pashtuns, would be upset at her daughter for marrying a Pashtun man. But this much upset?. I am sure the Pashtun man was not expecting his wife to be burnt alive by her own mother.

This is rich coming from you. Most pathans would disown their daughters if they married a non Pathan from Punjab or Sindh. You do realize that KP is more backwards and prone to honor killings? People in KP will happily marry their 6 year old daughters to 60 year old men (vani&swara) but marrying a non Pathan man is asking for death.

This is rich coming from you. Most pathans would disown their daughters if they married a non Pathan from Punjab or Sindh. You do realize that KP is more backwards and prone to honor killings? People in KP will happily marry their 6 year old daughters to 60 year old men (vani&swara) but marrying a non Pathan man is asking for death.
Nah know of many such couples in Islamabad maybe its more of an issue with less educated people
You need to visit places like Abbotabad and Islamabad to see how common interethnic marriages are

You are again here to play ethnic victim card irrespective of nature of topic under discussion. Why you read everything after wearing the ethnic glasses? You are acting as if there are not any stereotypes about Punjabi and every pashtun/Afghan mother would welcome her daughter choice of having love marriage with Punjabi boy. Stop giving ethnic colour to every topic
Shut your mouth. Read the article first

Hey you are right to some extent. Some of the people reverted to Islam but they did not learn Islam fully. This is the result of the blending religion with the local traditions which are against the spirit of the religion. In Islam, one is allowed to be identified with his/her tribe but that is it (so one can use Mir, Khan, Ch with ones name) and it is clearly mentioned in the holy Quran. You cannot consider any caste or tribe to be superior or inferior to the other. All are equal and any Muslim from any tribe can marry a Muslim from another tribe and rather it is encourages. Now if you look at her, this inhuman mother/woman who is disgrace for the word is totally illiterate person. To become a good Muslim one must be educated to a certain level. One must be able to read Quran in Arabic preferrably, or at least the translation in the local language, understand it and implement it, one also needs a reasonable level of knowledge in mathematics so that one can calculate Zakat and Ushr and division of property for inheritance related issues. These are basic requirements if you do not fullfil it, you cannot be a practicing Muslim. So illteracy is a problem and due illiteracy people are away from Islam. Indian subcontinent has a few peculiar things like Muslim women mostly do not go the Mosque and this has nothing to do with Islam.

Now you talked about Arabs not marrying non-Arabs, first of all it is not true in its entirety and non-Muslims like to exaggerate but this is issue with the zionist KSA. Do not consider KSA to be an example of Islam; rather they are quite the opposite, they are extremists to the extent they fall out of the bounds of the religion, Islam talks about moderation which is the last word you want to associate with KSA. As far as the individual Arab people are considered, most of them are really good. There are three Arab women in my extended family and one of them is from KSA and she married a Pakistani ...my uncle despite knowing that she will loose her nationality. So these kings are actually the enemies of Islam and are a cause for division and turmoil in Islam. In true Islam you cannot have different Islamic countries or nation states. It has to be a single Muslim country or state with provinces so Pakistan, Bangladesh, Indonesia, they all be provinces and any one who recites the Kalima and accepts Islam with devotion can be its citizen regardless of his/her color, ethnicity etc.

Last edited:

This forum is voice of Punjabistan

Goodbye defence.pk, ........

Last edited:
Realy barbric, But First of all it has nothing to do with islam, its all about local backwards culture wich exist in almost all the south asia.specialy in india ,Pak.... And imagin if it was done by her father,then so called women rights NGO's were crying all over the media .... and now this seculare brigade trying to use it against islam as if she belonge to a Mulah family.... it will happen when you will not provide them better education or islamic education,becuase in islam such acts are forbidden .....

Last edited:
Nah know of many such couples in Islamabad maybe its more of an issue with less educated people
You need to visit places like Abbotabad and Islamabad to see how common interethnic marriages are

Punjabis, Urdu Speakers and even Sindhis do not oppose interethnic marriages. However, it's no secret that Pathan families most often oppose their daughters from marrying non Pathan men.

And both Islamabad and Abbotabad are not majority Pashto speaking so I won't comment on that. But go to Pashto populated areas and see if they will allow you to marry their daughters.

Hard to say one element favors a ethnic marriage or not Muslims can marry anyone provided the person can maintain a family and works a honest life

Never came across any specific case of favoritism

Hazrat Abu Musa R.A says the Prophet (s) said :
"There is no marriagewithoutwali"

[ Sahih Abu Dawud 1836, Abu Dawud 2085, Tirmidhi 1101, Sunan Darimi 2/138, Musnad e Ahmad 4/294, Ibn-e-Majah 1881, Ibn-e- Al Jarud 801, Abu Ya'li 13/195, Ibn-e-Hibban 1243, Daruqutni 218/3, Hakim 2/180, Bayhaqi 108/8 ]

Muhammad pbuh said "There is no marriage except with a wali (guardian)."
Narrated by Abu Dawood (2085) and al-Tirmidhi (1101)

And the Prophet pbuh said: "Any woman who gets married without the permission of her guardian, her marriage is invalid, her marriageis invalid, her marriage is invalid."
Narrated by al-Tirmidhi (1102),

Narrated AbuMusa: The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: There is no marriagewithout the permission of a guardian
Abu Dawood Book 11, Number 2080

Their is no nikah without consent of wali. What girl did was wrong ? But what her mother and her brother did is far far more pathetic and they should face gallows for this.
@Arsalan
Zarvan thank you for sharing all this knowledge. However can you deny all those other sayings that ask for consent of the boy and the girl that are to be married? The ones where it is states that man and woman are ALLOWED to chose there life partners? WE CANNOT!
The truth is, there are SO many things that are twisted to support ones own thoughts and wishes. For me, Islam clearly allows for the man to choose his wife and for the woman to chose her husband, there is absolutely no restriction on that. Also Islam tells about the respect for the parents with equal stress so yes, it would have been better if the parents/guardian/wali were involved but since it was that girls life, she surely had the priority here. Most importantly, what happened later was nothing remotely related to Islam. Attempts to defend such things are just made with a false sense of love for the religion without realizing that these cause more damage. Islam is a religion of compassion and i challenge everyone to bring me a statement that will justify killing of this kind. THERE IS NONE!

Moreover, remember that the mother also did not burned her for some love for the religion. It was a choice she made out of ignorance.

Zarvan thank you for sharing all this knowledge. However can you deny all those other sayings that ask for consent of the boy and the girl that are to be married? The ones where it is states that man and woman are ALLOWED to chose there life partners? WE CANNOT!
The truth is, there are SO many things that are twisted to support ones own thoughts and wishes. For me, Islam clearly allows for the man to choose his wife and for the woman to chose her husband, there is absolutely no restriction on that. Also Islam tells about the respect for the parents with equal stress so yes, it would have been better if the parents/guardian/wali were involved but since it was that girls life, she surely had the priority here. Most importantly, what happened later was nothing remotely related to Islam. Attempts to defend such things are just made with a false sense of love for the religion without realizing that these cause more damage. Islam is a religion of compassion and i challenge everyone to bring me a statement that will justify killing of this kind. THERE IS NONE!

Moreover, remember that the mother also did not burned her for some love for the religion. It was a choice she made out of ignorance.
Without consent of wali Nikah can't take place yes what mother did was wrong and should face gallows but until state makes law against running away from homes it's impossible to stop these incidents

Back
Top Bottom