What's new

Pakistani teen burnt alive by her mother for choosing own husband

I think I should tell you that for bringing in India and Hinduism in this thread. Stay on topic by not bringing in other religion or country for an issue relating to the topic.
My reply is in perfect to ur posts.
Good day.
Hey sorry I was kind of pissed off since it was really troubling news for me. I read your comment now and found you raised some genuine questions and I have edited my comment to answer your questions and removed. I am sorry again. Please read it so you will understand it.

Zarvan thank you for sharing all this knowledge. However can you deny all those other sayings that ask for consent of the boy and the girl that are to be married? The ones where it is states that man and woman are ALLOWED to chose there life partners? WE CANNOT!
The truth is, there are SO many things that are twisted to support ones own thoughts and wishes. For me, Islam clearly allows for the man to choose his wife and for the woman to chose her husband, there is absolutely no restriction on that. Also Islam tells about the respect for the parents with equal stress so yes, it would have been better if the parents/guardian/wali were involved but since it was that girls life, she surely had the priority here. Most importantly, what happened later was nothing remotely related to Islam. Attempts to defend such things are just made with a false sense of love for the religion without realizing that these cause more damage. Islam is a religion of compassion and i challenge everyone to bring me a statement that will justify killing of this kind. THERE IS NONE!

Moreover, remember that the mother also did not burned her for some love for the religion. It was a choice she made out of ignorance.
I agree with you and with @Zarvan too and I hope you will read through my comment in its entirety. The problem is that when we nitpick what is suitable to us and ignore what's not. Then basically one is not true Muslim because Islam means totally submissions to Allah and do not allowe your personal whims and wishes to overtake your mind instead of following Islam. Both men and women are allowed to marry to the person of their liking and their consent is important. However in case of a virgin girl (i.e. for her first marriage) she needs the permission of her wali (caretaker). But is noteworthy that the wali can be her father, her uncle or even the state. Without her consent, not even the state or her father can marry her and there should be no pressure at all on the girl. Simiarly she also needs permission of her wali and without it she can't marry and her nikkah will be illegal. And this is a layer of protection provided to the girl since she is vulnerable and faces the risk more than a boy if a wrong match is made. So the best way will be that the wali and the girl discuss it and she tries to convince her and also she listens to his advice with open heart and respect and if he find that the boy is not suitable for her, he can convince her. Since in Islam there is no permission for girls and boys mixing and developing a kind friendships and infatuations, so it is expected that this problem will be solved through a nice discussion between the wali and the girl. Now if she feels that the wali is forcing her into marrying a wrong person or who she does not like, she can contact the Qadhi and her support from the state and if Qadhi finds out that her complaint is genuine, she will be granted the permission or Qadhi can ask both of them to reconsile through his mediation. If wali is found to be misusing his authority, he can be stripped of the waliyat and state will take care of the girl.

Hey sorry I was kind of pissed off since it was really troubling news for me. I read your comment now and found you raised some genuine questions and I have edited my comment to answer your questions and removed. I am sorry again. Please read it so you will understand it.

I knew from being around the forum you were quite genuine and was taken aback a little. That's fine. I have deleted my post. And thanks for the reply. I just hope human race as a whole evolve without castes, race or religion.

I knew from being around the forum you were quite genuine and was taken aback a little. That's fine. I have deleted my post. And thanks for the reply. I just hope human race as a whole evolve without castes, race or religion.
Thanks. I agree with most of your comment except for the "religion" part. If you study Islam yourself by reading some good translations of the Holy Quran and the authenitic Hadith, you will see it is the most beautiful religion and a perfect solution for the humanity and it is not just for Muslims. One has to read it with open mind and do not look at KSA, ISIS, Talibans, LeJ, LeT etc. They are actually one of the reasons for trouble for Muslims and also the uneducated and illiterate lot like this woman who killed her own daughter...it really made me hyper and perhaps that was the wrong moment you quoted me :lol: but actually I'm glad that you quoted and raised genuine questions. Just to let your know my cousin recently married an Arab girl from Qatar so the rules of the kings are not bothering the braves and I can totally understand if a lot Saudians won't marry a Pakistani due to the law which makes their life practically very difficult and also due to a lot of Pakistanis also do not practice the true religion and do disgraceful acts which makes them afraid of Pakistanis as a whole.

Thanks. I agree with most of your comment except for the "religion" part. If you study Islam yourself by reading some good translations of the Holy Quran and the authenitic Hadith, you will see it is the most beautiful religion and a perfect solution for the humanity and it is not just for Muslims. One has to read it with open mind and do not look at KSA, ISIS, Talibans, LeJ, LeT etc. They are actually one of the reasons for trouble for Muslims and also the uneducated and illiterate lot like this woman who killed her own daughter...it really made me hyper and perhaps that was the wrong moment you quoted me :lol: but actually I'm glad that you quoted and raised genuine questions. Just to let your know my cousin recently married an Arab girl from Qatar so the rules of the kings are not bothering the braves and I can totally understand if a lot Saudians won't marry a Pakistani due to the law which makes their life practically very difficult and also due to a lot of Pakistanis also do not practice the true religion and do disgraceful acts which makes them afraid of Pakistanis as a whole.

I know an identical twin bro of my friend. An Indian Muslim, where he loved and married an Kuwaiti girl. He is just 24 and he is already running from pillar to pillar for the recognition of marriage in that country. I think Dubai is pretty liberal but not so sure. His another twin, wisely married an Indian one ;)

What a tragedy..ignorance is the worst enemy of humanity...what a disgraceful act.

Did you read the damn news? It clearly states that it was disapproved by her family based on ethnic differences( The girl was Punjabi and man was a Pashtun)...a thing which runs through traditions influenced by Hinduism. Islam does not support ethnic divisions so please do not distort the story.

There is no need to get so worked up.

I am very well aware of the multitude of un-Islamic practices that are prevalent in Pakistan (like the countless list of parallel judicial systems employed by various ethnicities here). You totally missed my point --- by educating people about universal human values and true Islamic values of fairness and justice, we can expose such practices as evil and backward. I never suggested that Islam was the reason -- in fact I suggested that a modern reading of Islam is the solution!

Back
Top Bottom