What's new

Pakistani teen burnt alive by her mother for choosing own husband

Every time its always burning man what has society has gone to,burn those who burn others you know an eye for an eye

I have full knowledge about it being legal according to Pakistan law and being allowed in Islam i was just poking fun at cii who has a habit of making some weird suggestions

Hazrat Abu Musa R.A says the Prophet (s) said :
"There is no marriagewithoutwali"

[ Sahih Abu Dawud 1836, Abu Dawud 2085, Tirmidhi 1101, Sunan Darimi 2/138, Musnad e Ahmad 4/294, Ibn-e-Majah 1881, Ibn-e- Al Jarud 801, Abu Ya'li 13/195, Ibn-e-Hibban 1243, Daruqutni 218/3, Hakim 2/180, Bayhaqi 108/8 ]

Muhammad pbuh said "There is no marriage except with a wali (guardian)."
Narrated by Abu Dawood (2085) and al-Tirmidhi (1101)

And the Prophet pbuh said: "Any woman who gets married without the permission of her guardian, her marriage is invalid, her marriageis invalid, her marriage is invalid."
Narrated by al-Tirmidhi (1102),

Narrated AbuMusa: The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: There is no marriagewithout the permission of a guardian
Abu Dawood Book 11, Number 2080

Their is no nikah without consent of wali. What girl did was wrong ? But what her mother and her brother did is far far more pathetic and they should face gallows for this.
@Arsalan

What a tragedy..ignorance is the worst enemy of humanity...what a disgraceful act.
This is too sad and barbaric.

Till there are massive de-radicalization / educational drives focusing on human values, such tragedies will keep happening.

There is no control over the local Mullah --- he can pretty much conjure up anything he wants.

The Pakistani constitution and Islam both allow and encourage free-will marriages. What kind of f---cked up dark ages are these animals living in?

Our Prophet's (PBUH) first wife, widely considered the first Muslim convert:
-was a widow
-had previous marriages
-had children from these previous marriages
-was his employer
-was a successful businesswoman
-herself asked for the Prophet's hand in marriage

...yet any one of these things (let alone all of them combined!) makes most of our society insecure --- sometimes even violent.

Imagine large posters everywhere relating this example --- or the time the man gave a thirsty dog water --- or a million other examples of compassion and freedom in the Quran. On TV, on billboards, on the radio. With some luck, it might slowly reverse this trend of backwardness and erode the power of the local prayer leader.
Did you read the damn news? It clearly states that it was disapproved by her family based on ethnic differences( The girl was Punjabi and man was a Pashtun)...a thing which runs through traditions influenced by Hinduism. Islam does not support ethnic divisions so please do not distort the story.

Last edited:
and what will happen in regards to a punishment? ...... nothing, the family will forgive them and thats the end of it. the husband will continue to pursue them. ahhhh pakistan.......

the fuss is just some b!tch mother who does not want the family "honour" to be runied with some backward kids to follow suit. they should be dealt with harshly i.e. death .

besides i have seen pakistani men marry britsh women all the time the parents are cool with it. heck i have been to a few weddings. its just a cultural thing where "honour" and "casts" need to be removed from society.

More than likely she's covering for the acts of her sons and husband. This is a third incident of a young woman being burnt alive in the past three months.

The Murree one is just as heartbreaking where some neighborhood men broke into her home and burnt the girl alive. And then the jirga one where they couldn't get their hands on the girl that "choose" to marry someone so they burnt her friend alive for helping her.

The government has to intervene at this point and stop this madness. People obviously are too focused on their shallow honor to care about what kind of barbarity they are inflicting on these women.

View attachment 309495

Khan's ethnicity -- he is an ethnic Pashtun, while Zeenat was a Punjabi -- was the main cause of the family's disapproval, according to the woman's family.

"My sister declared a long time ago she would not allow her daughter to marry a Pashtun," she said.
"Pathani jokes", must have shaped her mindset......i cant blame her. ""Pathani" jokes are so much popular in Punjab and Sindh that common people there believe it to be a truth. Any mother, believing in stereotypes about Pashtuns, would be upset at her daughter for marrying a Pashtun man. But this much upset?. I am sure the Pashtun man was not expecting his wife to be burnt alive by her own mother.

"Pathani jokes", must have shaped her mindset......i cant blame her. ""Pathani" jokes are so much popular in Punjab and Sindh that common people there believe it to be a truth. Any mother, believing in stereotypes about Pashtuns, would be upset at her daughter for marrying a Pashtun man. But this much upset?. I am sure the Pashtun man was not expecting his wife to be burnt alive by her own mother.
You are again here to play ethnic victim card irrespective of nature of topic under discussion. Why you read everything after wearing the ethnic glasses? You are acting as if there are not any stereotypes about Punjabi and every pashtun/Afghan mother would welcome her daughter choice of having love marriage with Punjabi boy. Stop giving ethnic colour to every topic

Quite a tragic and ignorant event , RIP to young lady.

Lack of education helps create these monsters where person's personal wish is never understood by parents

Religion grants 100% freedom to choose your mate however fake traditions tend to destroy young lives.

Parental carefulness or restriction are one thing but taking a life just is sad tragic and just shocking not sure how this could happen in 2016

Quite tragic

Hazrat Abu Musa R.A says the Prophet (s) said :
"There is no marriage without wali"

[ Sahih Abu Dawud 1836, Abu Dawud 2085, Tirmidhi 1101, Sunan Darimi 2/138, Musnad e Ahmad 4/294, Ibn-e-Majah 1881, Ibn-e- Al Jarud 801, Abu Ya'li 13/195, Ibn-e-Hibban 1243, Daruqutni 218/3, Hakim 2/180, Bayhaqi 108/8 ]

Muhammad pbuh said "There is no marriage except with a wali (guardian)."
Narrated by Abu Dawood (2085) and al-Tirmidhi (1101)

And the Prophet pbuh said: "Any woman who gets married without the permission of her guardian, her marriage is invalid, her marriageis invalid, her marriage is invalid."
Narrated by al-Tirmidhi (1102),

Narrated AbuMusa: The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: There is no marriagewithout the permission of a guardian
Abu Dawood Book 11, Number 2080

Their is no nikah without consent of wali. What girl did was wrong ? But what her mother and her brother did is far far more pathetic and they should face gallows for this.
@Arsalan

Reference:
http://sunnah.com/

a) While consent of guardians is suggested as good thing ideal

b) However it is also suggested that if a person secretly admires or loves someone they should just ask for hand in marriage for that person instead of secretly loving someone (eye peak here and there or eye contacts).

c) Women has right to refuse to marry someone who she does not likes and she has say in her marrige 100%

See references from Book of marrige , Sunan Ibi Daud in english / arabic

I listed them below because the topic interested me some what

Sunan Abi Daud, I only reviewed this 1 chapter in 1 book pretty clear

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: The marriage of a woman who marries without the consent of her guardians is void. (He said these words) three times. If there is cohabitation, she gets her dower for the intercourse her husband has had. If there is a dispute, the sultan (man in authority) is the guardian of one who has none.

حَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ كَثِيرٍ، أَخْبَرَنَا سُفْيَانُ، أَخْبَرَنَا ابْنُ جُرَيْجٍ، عَنْ سُلَيْمَانَ بْنِ مُوسَى، عَنِ الزُّهْرِيِّ، عَنْ عُرْوَةَ، عَنْ عَائِشَةَ، قَالَتْ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏"‏ أَيُّمَا امْرَأَةٍ نَكَحَتْ بِغَيْرِ إِذْنِ مَوَالِيهَا فَنِكَاحُهَا بَاطِلٌ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ ثَلاَثَ مَرَّاتٍ ‏"‏ فَإِنْ دَخَلَ بِهَا فَالْمَهْرُ لَهَا بِمَا أَصَابَ مِنْهَا فَإِنْ تَشَاجَرُوا فَالسُّلْطَانُ وَلِيُّ مَنْ لاَ وَلِيَّ لَهُ ‏"‏ ‏.‏
Grade : Sahih (Al-Albani) صحيح (الألباني) حكم :
Reference : Sunan Abi Dawud 2083
In-book reference : Book 12, Hadith 38
English translation : Book 11, Hadith 2078

HOWEVER.........

[If you like someone you should ask for their hand in marrige and marry them, loving is not crime]

The Prophet (ﷺ) said: When one of you asked a woman in marriage, if he is able to look at what will induce him to marry her, he should do so. He (Jabir) said: I asked a girl in marriage, I used to look at her secretly, until I looked at what induced me to marry her. I, therefore, married her.

حَدَّثَنَا مُسَدَّدٌ، حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ الْوَاحِدِ بْنُ زِيَادٍ، حَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ إِسْحَاقَ، عَنْ دَاوُدَ بْنِ حُصَيْنٍ، عَنْ وَاقِدِ بْنِ عَبْدِ الرَّحْمَنِ، - يَعْنِي ابْنَ سَعْدِ بْنِ مُعَاذٍ - عَنْ جَابِرِ بْنِ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ إِذَا خَطَبَ أَحَدُكُمُ الْمَرْأَةَ فَإِنِ اسْتَطَاعَ أَنْ يَنْظُرَ إِلَى مَا يَدْعُوهُ إِلَى نِكَاحِهَا فَلْيَفْعَلْ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ قَالَ فَخَطَبْتُ جَارِيَةً فَكُنْتُ أَتَخَبَّأُ لَهَا حَتَّى رَأَيْتُ مِنْهَا مَا دَعَانِي إِلَى نِكَاحِهَا وَتَزَوُّجِهَا فَتَزَوَّجْتُهَا ‏.‏
Grade : Hasan (Al-Albani) حسن (الألباني) حكم :
Reference : Sunan Abi Dawud 2082
In-book reference : Book 12, Hadith 37
English translation : Book 11, Hadith 2077
Report Error | Share

[Parents can't marry someone against their will]

Narrated Abdullah ibn Abbas:
A virgin came to the Prophet (ﷺ) and mentioned that her father had married her against her will, so the Prophet (ﷺ) allowed her to exercise her choice.

حَدَّثَنَا عُثْمَانُ بْنُ أَبِي شَيْبَةَ، حَدَّثَنَا حُسَيْنُ بْنُ مُحَمَّدٍ، حَدَّثَنَا جَرِيرُ بْنُ حَازِمٍ، عَنْ أَيُّوبَ، عَنْ عِكْرِمَةَ، عَنِ ابْنِ عَبَّاسٍ، أَنَّ جَارِيَةً، بِكْرًا أَتَتِ النَّبِيَّ صلى الله عليه وسلم فَذَكَرَتْ أَنَّ أَبَاهَا زَوَّجَهَا وَهِيَ كَارِهَةٌ فَخَيَّرَهَا النَّبِيُّ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏.‏
Grade : Sahih (Al-Albani) صحيح (الألباني) حكم :
Reference : Sunan Abi Dawud 2096
In-book reference : Book 12, Hadith 51
English translation : Book 11, Hadith 2091

Note: Same book also mentions clearly when there was cases of foreful marrige prophet revoked these immediate effect

• Will of the girl > Guardian , Guardian's role is protect the girl they can't marry her against her will
  • The killing of girl was / is criminal act 100%
As most people agreee which you also stated

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom