What's new

Pakistani security man killed near Afghan border area: ISPR

China wants business, Taliban were business minded but their stupid policies got them wrapped in Al Qaeda nonsense. Taliban had no hand in 911 but for not being wise enough they paid a price. Yeah everyone was backing NA but NA waslosing and losing bad. Ahmed shah Masoud was killed and the rest of NA was tumbling. It was good luck for them US bombed the hell out of Afghanistan. The NA's army is propped up and will collapse without proper training. Watch a few documentaries pertaining to ANA by VICE, a few Europeans and German documentaries. they show the grim picture of their forces. A shitty one where corruption is rampant and the people wish Taliban were back.

That is how they are losing ground. Plus the Taliban are now battle hardened after over a decade of guerilla war. You think Americans couldnt finish them off with mighty machinery what would ANA do? The same ANA that kills Western trainers?

And being occupied for a minute or a year doesnt change the fact of being occupied. Just because you have less terror related issues and more social ills does not give you the right to be critical. Glass house, you're in one.

China has issues in Xinjiang which borders Afghanistan and with the recent attacks there they are more worried, they would prefer a stable govt in Afganistan which it can do Business with. The problem with the Karzai govt is the level of corruption, hence why more and more people are supporting the Taliban. Buddy NA was not losing they controlled the north tip of Afghanistan right up till 9/11 and their leader who was a fearless fighter was killed by a Al Qaeda plot.

I am critical because I do not blame everything on this so called 'war on terror' business at the end of the day fate lies with the country and it's people and what you make of it. The west could not give a shit about us they want us to fight each other so they can sell their arms to us it is the old tactic the British used and we still falling for it today.

But nobody knows what will happen in say 12 months to now, will the Karzai govt fall? will the Taliban capture more land? I dk but I feel Kabul will still be held by the govt with the west backing the Afghan army.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom