What's new

Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari has requested that the US provide remote-control

Aneeq Rashid

New Recruit

Reaction score
Pakistan President Wants US Drones.

Islamabad, Mar 31 (Prensa Latina) Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari has requested that the US provide remote-controlled bombers to fight terrorist bastions, revealed the Pakistani press Tuesday.

The Head of State confirmed the demand Monday night when talking to television journalists at the presidential residence after the attack on a police academy in Lahore, Punjab's capital.

We have asked the United States to supply Pakistan with unmanned drone planes in order to deal guided blows, assured the Head of State.

For the last nine months US troops in Afghanistan have been using Predator remote-controlled planes to bomb alleged rebel targets and radical Islamist elements in the Pakistani tribal zone.

In another meeting and along with participants in a conference of Afghan and Pakistani parliamentarians that started Tuesday in Islamabad Zardari pledged for development of a comprehensive regional strategy to avert the threat of terrorism.

He also backed strategic revision of the current Washington administration regarding Afghanistan and Pakistan. It is time to recognize that terrorism has roots all over the region so it is necessary to implement a regional strategy, he stressed.

For link:

http://www.plenglish.com/article.asp?ID={E1157ACB-2684-4135-B51D-A1D4D59F5A0F})&language=EN

They wont give us Reaper. Probably something else that is capable of making accurate stirkes?

predators no way....besides US will never give us something that we can use against INDIA or give to China for reverse engineering...but "INDIA" is a responsible country ofcourse and can handle HERON given to them by another humble and nice country called "ISRAEL" and ofcourse India is such a mature country that it will never share technological know how with the RUSSIANS....my god....this world so NOT BIAS!!!!! and ohh i forgot the HERON system india is getting is going to be used for "PEACEFUL" purpose....damn i think india is such a peaceful nation the world should learn to behave from the indians when it comes 2 acquring military hardware!!

I have a question when you know the target and also know it is in Pakistan’s interest to take it out why can't F16's be used.

Americans use drones so that Pakistani sovereignty is not compromised...maybe.

I think Mr. 10% should ask US to provide the remote control he has been controlled off, not remote control drones. If the pakistani people can get hold of the remote control that can control zardari and assosiates, problem solved.

Pakistan wont be getting no drone from us of a , Only place they can look for is china -Anjian dark sword , if they can . but that too i doubt. If china will provide its top notch technology to pakistan. in this changing world. Indian relations with rest of world just make it impossible for pakistan to buy such high technology. apart from china who trust pakistan more than india.
But more over pakistan don't need these drone. it is last of their requirement for these times.

Hey these drones are a good buy. They are quiet, they sneak up onto you out of nowhere. And of course the lack of risk involved in sending them is the major plus point.

We can send them really close, risk it being shot down, and fire the hellfire missiles directly onto the enemy stronghold. I would have no qualms at these planes being used against terrorists if the remote control is in our hand.

Nothing is imposible:bunny: we need these drones and INSHALLAH we'll get em soon:yahoo:

$15M approx for mq-9 reaper
b2ba32ac9bdfd5f570f0773234e8acbf.jpg

ITALY TURKEY AUSSIE AND POMS HAVE IT.

I think it's a shield for Zardari.

The policy is - keep asking for impossible things. If you fail, blame "lack of help". If you succeed, the victory is 200% yours.

Zardari is just trying to invent reasons he can blame in future.

well torpedo - thats right - pakistan's poltics run on scapegoat theory , they hardly do a damn thing -
because they know if - they fail they can always play BLAME GAME . And unfortunatly people of pakistan have so many problem they hardly raise much voice. Like these lahore attack.
They are master of this blame game. And even thougth i love to be see a change but unfortunately hopes are getting dimmer .
Although we know a pack of predator will help pakistanis alot but to me its almost impossible to see american gifting a bag full to them.

I think it's a shield for Zardari.

The policy is - keep asking for impossible things. If you fail, blame "lack of help". If you succeed, the victory is 200% yours.

Zardari is just trying to invent reasons he can blame in future.

Torpedo;sir
you are bang on target!:lol:
indeed its a truth, but its a valid point too, within US reach!
if US is really serious in WOT, its not a big deal, to give pakistan drones capable of "SILENT STRIKES", after all its not a "DAM RAPTOR" ?:azn::lol:

15 million a DRONE...damn baby i am happy with getting myself a JF-17...which is more or less just 3 million more expensive!!!

Back
Top Bottom