What's new

Zardari receives farewell guard of honour

common men its only best way we have democracy and with respect . i am happy not only he leaving us but also he finished 5 years . he was our president in arab spring years still he survived well . i am happy abut another honorable change of power . look at your west how presidents being changed with blood and bombs .

give him some credit dear members . he was good or bad now history will decide he is finally our EX -president

September 7, 2013

Zardari says not interested in becoming Pakistan PM

Outgoing President says running the party more important

Outgoing Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari said in comments aired on Saturday that he will not seek to become prime minister and will instead focus on leading his party after stepping down.

Zardari, co-chairman of the Pakistan’s Peoples Party (PPP), vacates the presidency on Sunday and will be replaced the following day by Mamnoon Hussain, a businessman and close ally of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif.

The centre-left PPP ran a rudderless general election campaign earlier this year and was defeated by Sharif’s Pakistan Muslim League-N.

“I will not try to become the prime minister of Pakistan,” Zardari, who defied expectations by holding onto power for a record five years, said in excerpts of an interview shown on Geo TV.

“In my view running the party is more important than becoming prime minister,” he added.

Zardari, a controversial figure who was once sentenced to 11 years in prison for alleged corruption, said that as the presidency was the highest office in Pakistan it would not be appropriate for him to become prime minister.

The widower of former prime minister Benazir Bhutto leaves office with the country gripped by an energy crisis, a flagging economy and a Taliban insurgency.

He is expected to split his time between Pakistan and Dubai as he bids to revive the PPP’s fortunes, along with his son Bilawal, who turns 25 this month, meaning he can run for parliament.

Zardari’s spokesman, Farhatullah Babar, told AFP the president will relocate to Lahore “to start yet another chapter in political struggle” with analysts suggesting he will try to revive the party dominated by the Bhutto-Zardari family.

Many observers see Bilawal as a reluctant heir to the legacy of his assassinated mother Bhutto.

Hussain’s low-key persona and lack of personal power base puts him in stark contrast to Zardari.

Zardari says not interested in becoming Pakistan PM | GulfNews.com

----------------------

Yes, you are right, animal son of an animal, running a party is much more important than running a nation. This is what all politicians have in their tiny dirty brains. A patriot and nation loving politician will never say like this.

Yes, PM is a dog and President is his master. How can you bring yourself down from your prestige. A patriot and nation loving politician will never say like this and will try to serve the nation to the best of his expertise and abilities even if that be by working as a secretary to a Minister.

Zardari leaves President House after farewell guard of honour
Posted: September 08, 2013 - 1556 PKT | Comment
img_0132_tn.jpg

ISLAMABAD: President Asif Ali Zardari was given a farewell guard of honour by the smartly turned out contingent of the Pakistan’s armed forces at the President House on Sunday.

Smiling Zardari reached the ceremony which was attended by several politicians on a horse-cart.

The outgoing president shook hands with staff before leaving the President House. He was driven away in a black luxury saloon car from the sprawling

residence.

Asif Ali Zardari has earned a rare distinction of being the only democratically elected President in the 66-year long history of Pakistan to have completed a full five-year Constitutional tenure.

President Asif Ali Zardari left the President House for Lahore where he is scheduled to address PPP workers at the Bilawal House.

On September 9, he will be attending the oath-taking ceremony, as former president, of the newly elected President of Pakistan Mamnoon Hussain. This will also be another fresh addition in the political and democratic history of Islamic Republic of Pakistan.

http://www.geo.tv/article-117307-Zardari-leaves-President-House-after-farewell-guard-of-honour-

tomorrow he will be back again in president house for ceremony :omghaha:

Is this the second time he is coming out of the president’s office/house in 5 years?

I am not really sure what power president enjoys in pakistan @Imran Khan .. is he equivalent to US president .. or Indian president... or something in between

Last edited by a moderator:
common men its only best way we have democracy and with respect . i am happy not only he leaving us but also he finished 5 years . he was our president in arab spring years still he survived well . i am happy abut another honorable change of power . look at your west how presidents being changed with blood and bombs .

give him some credit dear members . he was good or bad now history will decide he is finally our EX -president

I hope to see him and all the politicians as ex-living beings

I hope to see him and all the politicians as ex-living beings

if all your politicians die, your country will sink to bottomless pit .. like syria.... be happy with what you got and try to make it better not worse...

if all your politicians die, your country will sink to bottomless pit .. like syria.... be happy with what you got and try to make it better not worse...

Wrong, if all the politicians die then the ones capable will be able to stand and run the country. Even if they are outside the country they will renounce all their other nationalities and come to Pakistan.

I am not really sure what power president enjoys in pakistan @Imran Khan .. is he equivalent to US president .. or Indian president... or something in between

see dear zardari and co did 18th amendment in constitution . and bring back constitution as 1973 . so they make powerful PM as it was in 1973 and president will have no powers like INDIA . before 18th amendment president was like US as mushrraf -zia -ishaq khan enjoyed full power . but here we have point . zardari was not like any president he was head of PPP . so he was president and he was sonia mam of pakistan .

Last edited by a moderator:
see dear zardari and co did 18th amendment in constitution . and bring back constitution as 1973 . so they make powerful PM as it was in 1973 and president will have no powers like INDIA . before 18th amendment president was like US as mushrraf -zia -ishaq khan enjoyed full power . but here we have point . zardari was not like any president he was head of PPP . so he was president and he was sonia mam of pakistan .

well then he did a great service to you because two power centers in same country (ignoring army) can crete big problem in decision making.

Back
Top Bottom