What's new

'Pakistani officials planned to kill Asma Jahangir in India'

the webpage is blocked in Pakistan - that means its against our National Security :)

Here is that article :)

Pakistan 'sanctioned' murder of Saleem Shahzad: Mullen
By BILL ROGGIOJuly 7, 2011 6:22 PM

Outgoing Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Admiral Mike Mullen has accused the Pakistani government of ordering the hit on Asia Times journalist Syed Saleem Shahzad. From the National Journal:

The United States believes the Pakistani government "sanctioned" the murder of a prominent Pakistani journalist who had been probing links between the country's security services and its Islamic militants, said Adm. Mike Mullen, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
"It was sanctioned by the government," Mullen told journalists at the Pentagon on Thursday. "I have not seen anything to disabuse the report that the government knew about this."

Oddly enough, Mullen said that there was no evidence to prove that the Inter-Services Intelligence directorate, the powerful military intelligence branch, was behind Shahzad's assassination:

Mullen said he couldn't confirm press reports that Pakistan's powerful Inter-Services Intelligence agency had carried out Shahzad's murder. An array of U.S. military and intelligence officials believe the ISI killed Shahzad to prevent him from continuing a series of investigative articles about the infiltration of militants from al-Qaida and other extremist groups into Pakistan's military and intelligence services.
Mullen likely misspoke, as no one believes that President Zardari or Prime Minister Gilani would have ordered and executed the brutal murder of Shahzad. Mullen has been a firm supporter of the Pakistani military establishment and a leading advocate of close ties to Pakistan's security and intelligence services, despite ample evidence the Pakistanis are complicit in supporting the Taliban and other terrorist groups and are thus complicit in the murder of US troops in Afghanistan.

Read more: Pakistan 'sanctioned' murder of Saleem Shahzad: Mullen - Threat Matrix

I was being sarcastic there dear, I know the case, let me highlight some of the points in the shared article and why I said it was against our National Security.
Here is that article :)

Pakistan 'sanctioned' murder of Saleem Shahzad: Mullen
By BILL ROGGIOJuly 7, 2011 6:22 PM

Outgoing Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Admiral Mike Mullen has accused the Pakistani government of ordering the hit on Asia Times journalist Syed Saleem Shahzad. From the National Journal:

The United States believes the Pakistani government "sanctioned" the murder of a prominent Pakistani journalist who had been probing links between the country's security services and its Islamic militants, said Adm. Mike Mullen, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
"It was sanctioned by the government," Mullen told journalists at the Pentagon on Thursday. "I have not seen anything to disabuse the report that the government knew about this."

Oddly enough, Mullen said that there was no evidence to prove that the Inter-Services Intelligence directorate, the powerful military intelligence branch, was behind Shahzad's assassination:

Mullen said he couldn't confirm press reports that Pakistan's powerful Inter-Services Intelligence agency had carried out Shahzad's murder. An array of U.S. military and intelligence officials believe the ISI killed Shahzad to prevent him from continuing a series of investigative articles about the infiltration of militants from al-Qaida and other extremist groups into Pakistan's military and intelligence services.
Mullen likely misspoke, as no one believes that President Zardari or Prime Minister Gilani would have ordered and executed the brutal murder of Shahzad. Mullen has been a firm supporter of the Pakistani military establishment and a leading advocate of close ties to Pakistan's security and intelligence services, despite ample evidence the Pakistanis are complicit in supporting the Taliban and other terrorist groups and are thus complicit in the murder of US troops in Afghanistan.

Read more: Pakistan 'sanctioned' murder of Saleem Shahzad: Mullen - Threat Matrix

I was being sarcastic there dear, I know the case, let me highlight some of the points in the shared article and why I said it was against our National Security.

OK got it :)

@FCPX How about you read this- the last article of SS published please tell me where does it say anywhere that PN had linked with AQ and were supporting them.
Asia Times Online :: South Asia news, business and economy from India and Pakistan

Read through it (thanks for the link :) ) and yes while it doesnt say anything about PN officially having any links with AQ but what it points out is the AQ penetration of PN ranks and the PN insider info and help for the PNS Mehran attacks.

With such a polarized society as what exists today in Pakistan it is natural to assume the same would be in effect within the Armed Forces.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with you on the point that Armed Forces have been infiltrated by these militants however sentiments have been running strong about HuT and not AQ. Some ex-officials got caught into the network through HuT and they made their way to ttp and aq. In most of the cases it has been junior officers (JCOs) and junior recruits which were compromised.

however since Brigadier ALi case,Military has been on top of it and situation is under control, strict checks are in place now.

Read through it (thanks for the link :) ) and yes while it doesnt say anything about PN officially having any links with AQ but what it points out is the AQ penetration of PN ranks and the PN insider info and help for the PNS Mehran attacks.

With such a polarized society as what exists today in Pakistan it is natural to assume the same would be in effect within the Armed Forces.

If the ISI wanted her gone, they have the capability to make it look like an accident. Ignore this yellow journalism my fellow friends.

She is quite a popular figure and has called out ISI's plans . So things were a little tricky this time.

Gents, this is Indian soft **** journalism at its very best of 'made up news'. Take it with a 'palm full of salt and pepper.'

Now that "legitimate" links have been provided, you should probably remove such trashy posts.

Hello...Forgetting Mr. Hussain Haqqani?

She is quite a popular figure and has called out ISI's plans . So things were a little tricky this time.
am not exageratting over here but I have said many time if Anyone in the establishment wanted these goons dead they would have killed them long ago, even a close group or a Team of FIUs would have called the hit and executed the operation - all done in close circle, no chance of a leak.

BUT there are reasons.
last year a bomb was planted under Hamid Mir's car, you think no Intel officer was watching this guy? all they did was sit back and let talibunies do their work for them and later TTP would claim the responsibility - case close - haun dasoo

I agree with you on the point that Armed Forces have been infiltrated by these militants however sentiments have been running strong about HuT and not AQ. Some ex-officials got caught into the network through HuT and they made their way to ttp and aq. In most of the cases it has been junior officers (JCOs) and junior recruits which were compromised.

however since Brigadier ALi case,Military has been on top of it and situation is under control, strict checks are in place now.

You are wrong about JCO. Infiltration went up to Major rank and in to SSG as well. As per Saleem shehzad report and also Irfan baloch sahab and also the murder of SSG personnel who took part in Lal masjid op

Hello...Forgetting Mr. Hussain Haqqani?

that why we never killed the traitor or he was moaning about such plot about killing him too??

You are wrong about JCO. Infiltration went up to Major rank and in to SSG as well. As per Saleem shehzad report and also Irfan baloch sahab and also the murder of SSG personnel who took part in Lal masjid op

i am talking about majority of the cases- other wise children of some senior officials were caught in the process too, some officials were picked up by MI officials just because they were visiting Certain places and met some people.

am not exageratting over here but I have said many time if Anyone in the establishment wanted these goons dead they would have killed them long ago, even a close group or a Team of FIUs would have called the hit and executed the operation - all done in close circle, no chance of a leak.

BUT there are reasons.
last year a bomb was planted under Hamid Mir's car, you think no Intel officer was watching this guy? all they did was sit back and let talibunies do their work for them and later TTP would claim the responsibility - case close - haun dasoo

An interesting hit and run Ops by MI and SSG gone wrong was told in Benazir memoire about ZAB which was censored in Pakistan and came out it in 90's. In 70's (74-75_ when baloch insurgency was at it's peak, Team went in to capture Nawab kher baksh murri son in karachi, instead he was killed and buried in a secret location. General zia ul haq was COAS, came to ZAB and asked him to bury this whole matter for sake of national security and

Back
Top Bottom