What's new

Pakistani Navy going through a serious buildup

What is/wrong with that? Bhai a cheap platform is a good work horse, economical to maintain and run for day to day tasks and good enough to defend itself against a few targets. China will run a flotilla so fleet wide defence will become the responsibility of the destroyers. Capability is only installed in ships as it becomes available. Till then you make do with what you have. As more capabilities come online quadpacked missiles they will be incorporated along with upgrade to the FCRs.
A

Nothing wrong with Cheap, but the point I was trying to make is that what really needs to be clarified is that although the platform is cheap, its performance is NOT cheap, and it is capable of dealing with same scenarios as other expensive platforms, since expensive platforms are simply overpriced due to expensive labor costs in Western countries. When an engineering firm charges $300 to $400 an hour in US to make a ship compared to China where a firm charges $50 to $100 an hour, then it does not mean a ship building in China somehow cannot perform or compete.

Nothing wrong with Cheap, but the point I was trying to make is that what really needs to be clarified is that although the platform is cheap, its performance is NOT cheap, and it is capable of dealing with same scenarios as other expensive platforms, since expensive platforms are simply overpriced due to expensive labor costs in Western countries. When an engineering firm charges $300 to $400 an hour in US to make a ship compared to China where a firm charges $50 to $100 an hour, then it does not mean a ship building in China somehow cannot perform or compete.

Hq-16:
650kg
45km
Sarh
Illuminators are only capable of guiding two missiles per channel (4 channels in total thus 8 total missiles out at a time.)

8 VLS cells on BrahMos equipped ships, meaning the missiles would have to have a pK of 1 to be able to ensure the ship survives. To further make this worse, They can only be illuminated up to 30km, at an 70 degree arc.

camm-er
160kg
45km range (this is likely to be higher against more ideal targets, original camm has achieved kills at up to 50km.)
Arh
No guidance limitations, can empty all cells at once.
What makes it even better is you can carry 4x the payload at the same time.

now let’s talk sensors, the PLANs 054a uses a derivative of a soviet radar system, the world, for their high end frigates has moved on to fixed AESA arrays, while on Lowe end ships, selecting the SMART S mk2, something the PN has mirrored by selecting the sr2410c which is the Chinese equiv pretty much.

the 054a is not capable of surviving in a HIC against near peer adversaries, unless operating under the AAW umbrella of other Chinese vessels.

it is absolutely not capable of dealing with the same scenarios as other ships, that idea is absurd.

I would like to see the addition of couple Milden's. I don't think it will come cheap but it's performance is great and could become a huge advantage in the waters and a beast while there was rumours of Pakistan being involved in that project no other news came after Mevlut confirmed that there was interest from PK in that one. Also quite surprisingly I would like to see collab with Indonesia since they have plenty of Islands they have been taking their navy development very serious and are top-notch in that arena. They have unmanned mini drone like subs that could really tear thru a whole navy

Hq-16:
650kg
45km
Sarh
Illuminators are only capable of guiding two missiles per channel (4 channels in total thus 8 total missiles out at a time.)

8 VLS cells on BrahMos equipped ships, meaning the missiles would have to have a pK of 1 to be able to ensure the ship survives. To further make this worse, They can only be illuminated up to 30km, at an 70 degree arc.

camm-er
160kg
45km range (this is likely to be higher against more ideal targets, original camm has achieved kills at up to 50km.)
Arh
No guidance limitations, can empty all cells at once.
What makes it even better is you can carry 4x the payload at the same time.

now let’s talk sensors, the PLANs 054a uses a derivative of a soviet radar system, the world, for their high end frigates has moved on to fixed AESA arrays, while on Lowe end ships, selecting the SMART S mk2, something the PN has mirrored by selecting the sr2410c which is the Chinese equiv pretty much.

the 054a is not capable of surviving in a HIC against near peer adversaries, unless operating under the AAW umbrella of other Chinese vessels.

it is absolutely not capable of dealing with the same scenarios as other ships, that idea is absurd.

How do you compare the Ada-class to the modern HIC threats PN is likely to face? Is comparatively better equipped than the 054As?

How do you compare the Ada-class to the modern HIC threats PN is likely to face? Is comparatively better equipped than the 054As?

It will depend on how much you arm it. You can alter it's armement to your benefit

Pakistan keep to much secret when waar start surprises will emerge

Do you think Pakistan should make everything secret? Ofcourse every nation has things secret and only show superfacial stuff

Good question because in that post you quoted he was only comparing the chinese film industry with turkish dramas.

Dude, you just quoted his comparison of milgem equipment with that of Type 054!!

Good question because in that post you quoted he was only comparing the chinese film industry with turkish dramas.

Dude, you just quoted his comparison of milgem equipment with that of Type 054!!

Let the person who has been quoted respond instead of giving your unsolicited 2-cents.

It also confused but I did understand the brother but it was basically in the armaments on both ships he was referring to

it’s a ship that can defend itself.

the Ada class is not intended to be preforming wide area AAW missions or bmd. We will see LRAD perhaps on Jinnah, however for now, the Ada has the huge advantage of its missiles being able to be expended in rapid succession, without guidance limitations, something important against swarm attacks as we can’t afford to wait for the hq16 to take out targets before launching a further salvo.

just in general I’d rate the milgem higher than the 054a(our version of the mil gems, not the Turks.)
It also confused but I did understand the brother but it was basically in the armaments on both ships he was referring to

You can sit there and complain but when a 054a takes a brahmos to the deck, you’ll be doing what I’m doing now.

There were some reports/discussions of a new Submarine Salvage and Rescue Vessel for the PN during the past few years.

What became of that?

There were some reports/discussions of a new Submarine Salvage and Rescue Vessel for the PN during the past few years.

What became of that?

This thread needs to be expanding it needs constant editting plus it needs to become sticky because there are new purchase orders additions

it’s a ship that can defend itself.

the Ada class is not intended to be preforming wide area AAW missions or bmd. We will see LRAD perhaps on Jinnah, however for now, the Ada has the huge advantage of its missiles being able to be expended in rapid succession, without guidance limitations, something important against swarm attacks as we can’t afford to wait for the hq16 to take out targets before launching a further salvo.

just in general I’d rate the milgem higher than the 054a(our version of the mil gems, not the Turks.)

You can sit there and complain but when a 054a takes a brahmos to the deck, you’ll be doing what I’m doing now.

So basically we have a ship that will be the least capable of facing modern threats.

Type 54AP Is a very capable vessel. Compared to current capabilities we got, this warship will provide a generation jump in anti-air, anti-sub and anti-surface warfare.
But in comparison of what new capabilities Navy is acquiring, the project tilts towards the lower end of spectrum.
So basically we have a ship that will be the least capable of facing modern threats.

Back
Top Bottom