What's new

Pakistani: Muslim family in Canada killed in 'premeditated' truck attack

Four members of a Muslim family were killed in a "premeditated" vehicle attack on Sunday, Canadian police say.
The attack took place in the city of London, Ontario province. A boy aged nine, the family's only survivor, is in hospital with serious injuries.
A 20-year-old Canadian man has been charged with four counts of murder and one count of attempted murder.
The attack was the worst against Canadian Muslims since six people were killed in a Quebec City mosque in 2017.
"It is believed that these victims were targeted because they were Muslim," Det Supt Paul Waight told a news conference on Monday.
Police are weighing possible terrorism charges, he said, adding that it is believed to be a hate crime.

What are the details?
The victims were two women - aged 74 and 44 - a 46-year-old man and a 15-year-old girl. They have not been named, in accordance with the wishes of the family. A nine-year-old boy was in hospital with serious but non-life-threatening injuries, said police.
Police named the alleged attacker as Nathanial Veltman, 20, of London, Ontario. He was arrested without incident at a shopping centre about 6km (4.8 miles) from the crime scene.
It is not yet known if the suspect has ties to any hate groups, said Det Supt Waight.
People light candles at a makeshift memorial in London, Ontario, Canada June 7, 202
IMAGE COPYRIGHTREUTERS
image captionA makeshift memorial for the victims was set up at the scene of the attack
People react near flowers laid at the fatal crime scene in London, Ontario, Canada June 7, 2021
IMAGE COPYRIGHTREUTERS
image captionMany local residents were in shock after the attack
"There is no known previous connection between the suspect and the victims," Det Supt Waight said, adding that the suspect was wearing a vest that appeared to be "like body armour".
Police said Mr Veltman had no previous convictions.
Officials added that there was good weather and high visibility conditions when the black truck was seen mounting the kerb on Hyde Park Road at around 20:40 local time on Sunday.

One witness told CTV News she had to shield her young daughter's eyes from the bodies.
Another witness told CTV the scene was "just chaos".
"There were people everywhere and running," said Paige Martin. "Citizens were trying to direct the emergency vehicles where to go. There was a lot of pointing and screaming and arm waving."
A 2016 census found that London - a city about 200km (125 miles) south-west of Toronto - is growing increasingly diverse. One in five people was born outside of Canada, with Arabs being the area's largest minority group, and South Asians coming in a close second.
What has the reaction been?
Ontario Premier Doug Ford was among those who paid tribute to the victims, tweeting: "Hate and Islamophobia have NO place in Ontario."
Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau tweeted that he was "horrified" by the news.

"To the loved ones of those who were terrorised by yesterday's act of hatred, we are here for you," he wrote.

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites.View original tweet on Twitter
Presentational white space

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites.View original tweet on Twitter
Presentational white space

"This was an act of mass murder, perpetrated against Muslims, against Londoners, and rooted in unspeakable hatred," said London Mayor Ed Holder.
In a statement, Mayor Holder said he was speaking "on behalf of all Londoners when I say our hearts are broken".
"We grieve for the family, three generations of whom are now deceased."
Map

The mayor's statement added that he had ordered flags outside London City Hall to be lowered for three days of mourning.
The National Council of Canadian Muslims (NCCM) said in a statement that the attacker should face terrorism charges.
"A man allegedly got in his car, saw a Muslim family walking down the street, and made the decision that they do not deserve to live," said the organisation's CEO Mustafa Farooq.
"He did not know them. This is a terrorist attack on Canadian soil, and should be treated as such," his statement continued.
People react near flowers laid at the fatal crime scene in London, Ontario, Canada June 7, 2021
IMAGE COPYRIGHTREUTERS
image captionPolice believe the victims were targeted because of their faith
Nawaz Tahir, a London lawyer and representative of the Muslim community, said during the police news conference: "These were innocent human beings who were killed simply because they were Muslim."
"We will stand strong against Islamophobia. We will stand strong against terror with faith, with love, and a quest for justice," he continued.
"Hate will never overshadow the light of love."
It is not the first time members of the Muslim community in Canada have come under attack.
In January 2017, a Canadian man fatally shot six worshippers at the Quebec Islamic Cultural Centre, and seriously injured five others. The perpetrator was sentenced to life in prison.
Canada's deadliest vehicle-ramming attack happened in 2018, when a self-described "incel" (involuntary celibate) ploughed his van into a group of pedestrians in Toronto, killing 10 people.

@That Guy

My heart broke when the news came in.
Allah bless our kin with shahadat.
Has a fund raising campaign been set-up for the little boy.

The b@stard responsible will spend the rest of his life in prison and thankfully will not sire any kids to carry on his ideology. Everyone from the pseudo right wing nut job Kenney to the liberal kitten Trudeau have condemned this in the strongest terms.

What a ***king hypocrisy the ID of the murderer was with held on behest of a “certain consulate” ...

https://www.veteranstoday.com/2021/...ers-5-muslims-in-london-ontario-terror-atack/

What you will expect when you have people like these:

So apparently, this bigots name is Craig Harrison, and it seems he has a long history of racial abuse, both online and offline.

Here is a link for it.

We have all reported him to the police. Hopefully the prosecution will keep his current activity in view and give him some jail time.

Last edited:
My heart broke when the news came in.
Allah bless our kin with shahadat.
Has a fund raising campaign been set-up for the little boy.

There is a Gofundme going on, however the family has stated that they do not require donations and all the donations sent will be given to charities as sadaqa jariya for the deceased. It's at a quarter to a million right now, Masha' Allah.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/salman-family-accident-relief

Last edited:
This type of incident is bound to happen until and unless Trudeau stops brining in high level of Muslim immigrants, especially from Pakistan, Bangladesh and Arab states into Canada.

I don't support such killings but here is the thing. Local white Canadians are scared that Muslim immigrants will dominate their culture and their country and Trudeau is to be blamed for this.

No one will tolerate a mini Pakistan or a mini Saudi Arabia in Canada where Christians will be lynched for blasphemy, women will be forced to wear Burqa and Christian churches will be vandalised.

Liberalism has its limit. You cannot be liberal when you know that you are going to die.

Muslims in this forum might disagree with me, but tell me, if today there is high number of Chinese in Pakistan or high number of Indians in Bangladesh, will there not be some racist attacks against Chinese or Indians?

there are barely 200,000 Pakistanis in Canada over 40 years of immigration. the numbers do not lie.

This type of incident is bound to happen until and unless Trudeau stops brining in high level of Muslim immigrants, especially from Pakistan, Bangladesh and Arab states into Canada.

I don't support such killings but here is the thing. Local white Canadians are scared that Muslim immigrants will dominate their culture and their country and Trudeau is to be blamed for this.

No one will tolerate a mini Pakistan or a mini Saudi Arabia in Canada where Christians will be lynched for blasphemy, women will be forced to wear Burqa and Christian churches will be vandalised.

Liberalism has its limit. You cannot be liberal when you know that you are going to die.

Muslims in this forum might disagree with me, but tell me, if today there is high number of Chinese in Pakistan or high number of Indians in Bangladesh, will there not be some racist attacks against Chinese or Indians?
Brain can be dangerous thing for some specially an underdeveloped one like in your case.
Forget Western or non Muslim countries with high volumes of Muslim expatriates, how many Muslim counties can you name where Christians have been lynched as dramatically as you are blabbering.
There are more lynching of Muslims carried out in countries like India or Myanmar.
Plus i haven't heard of any such policies where PM Trudeau is giving preference to Muslim immigrants.

You did not get it. Unlike Muslims, the Hindus, Buddhists, Indians, Chinese have successfully integrated into the Western culture.

If a certain immigrant community refuses to integrate then that's a problem for the host country.
I don't see Muslims going around here demanding that abortion, homosexuality, liquor/cannabis, gender desegregation be re-criminalized do you?

Subramanian Swamy is of the opinion that:

"We know where the Muslim population is large there is always trouble — because the Islamic ideology says so."

"If Muslim [population] becomes more than 30 per cent [in any country], that country is in danger,"

significantly up from his earlier estimates which pegged the danger level at 15% iirc.
So to control the population of Muslims kill them all that you're currently doing in India lol you're reported for your islamophobic Post

So to control the population of Muslims kill them all that you're currently doing in India lol you're reported for your islamophobic Post
really, we're "killing them all in India" ?

how is it Islamophobic ? i just quoted that, and there were many threads on this forum about it too..

really, we're "killing them all in India" ?

how is it Islamophobic ? i just quoted that, and there were many threads on this forum about it too..
Reported again you don't know the basic rules ànd laws of Islam then why you place the verdict that Islam is dangerous to the world?
Ànd yeah your intentions are quite clear to kill all the Muslims in India

Reported again you don't know the basic rules ànd laws of Islam then why you place the verdict that Islam is dangerous to the world?
I didn't place any verdict, I quoted an Indian politician who said so, and there have been several threads on this very forum about exactly what that person said.. use the search function.

Ànd yeah your intentions are quite clear to kill all the Muslims in India
?

Subramanian Swamy is of the opinion that:

"We know where the Muslim population is large there is always trouble — because the Islamic ideology says so."

"If Muslim [population] becomes more than 30 per cent [in any country], that country is in danger,"

significantly up from his earlier estimates which pegged the danger level at 15% iirc.

And you're quoting a person of no relevance to Canada because? What are this creature's credentials to judge our Muslim citizens?

The title of this thread is "Pakistani: Muslim family in Canada killed in 'premeditated' truck attack"

Indian virus, how dare you spit your thinking precisely on this thread

it's completely unnerving, it's like going to a funeral to insult the family of the deceased

If you think so, then say it in another thread or in another discussion, but by releasing it here you show that you are a scoundrel

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom