What's new

Pakistani Models And Actresses

Sonarika-Bhadoria-debut-movie-official-trailer-580x580.jpg
Sonarika%2BBhadoria%2BHD%2Bwallpapers%2BFree%2BDownload11.jpg

New to this thread buddy? Welcome!

Ushna Shah wrote an open letter that criticizes actors for faking religiosity and cashing in on Ramazan transmissions

592a99bc65ca8.jpg

"For some, this is a holy month of prayer, discipline and ablution. For others, it's the month of selling Islam and being a shameless hypocrite."

Jessica Minh Anh looks stunning in Pakistani designer's collection

1421569-bts_jessica_minh_anh_in_syeda_amera_in_venice__-1495977850-256-640x480.jpg

Model Jessica Minh Anh in a dress by Amera. Photo Courtesy: JMM Paris

Supermodel Jessica Minh Anh looks dazzling in Pakistani designer Syeda Amera’s new collection in a photo shoot in the iconic city of Venice in Italy.

It was organised by global catwalk production company, JMM Paris.

Anh, a model-turned-show director, is all set to lead a dramatic fashion show and shoot at the historic Hoover Dam in the US next month. Amera has been a constant at Anh’s ground-breaking fashion presentations and will be joining Anh for the fifth such event.

The designer will represent South Asia and showcase her collection on Hoover Dam walkway, which will be turned into a catwalk for the event.

pakistani-designer-syeda-amera-to-join-jessica-minh-anh-s-high-fashion-x-high-tech-phenomenon-atop-h-1495172905-7042-1495980741.jpg

Jessica Minh Anh (L) with Syeda Amera.

Last year in another such collaboration with Anh, Amera’s creations were showcased on a 100-metre floating catwalk, perched atop Paris’s Siene River. She was given coverage by major international outlets including Vogue and Elle UK.

In 2016, Amera had also joined Anh on her inimitable catwalks on the Hudson River in New York, the solar power plant Gemasolar in Spain and Costa Luminosa’s sundeck in Sydney, Australia.

Here are some stunning pictures from Amera’s Venice photo shoot courtesy of JMM Paris.

official__jessica_minh_anh_in_syeda_amera_design_4-1495977963.jpg

official__jessica_minh_anh_in_syeda_amera_design_3_720-1495978095.jpg

jessica_minh_anh_3_720-1495978101.jpg

592a3d2877896.jpg

Alex Pichon Photography

The first thing that strikes you about Armeena Khan are her photogenic, peaches-and-cream looks. But Armeena Khan is more than just another pretty face. And she is out to prove it. This non-resident Pakistani actress is on her way to make her mark on a global scale. She’s already partly done so at a time when our film industry was going through a lean patch. But she has set her sights high. Unlike most Pakistani actresses she dreams of working with Ryan Gosling rather than with Shah Rukh Khan — but more on that later. She has done a forgettable Indian film, Huff It’s Too Much, but now feels she is on the right track with The Real Target, an under-production British film.

“I like working with people from different cultures and that’s why I feel comfortable anywhere — be it in the United Kingdom or Pakistan,” says the actress while talking about her frequent international travels. “I take every character as a challenge, and if you are confident enough of pulling it off by adding versatility and your own touch to it, then it’s bound to be liked by all.”

The lead actress of last year’s prominent hit Janaan believes that the film industry in Pakistan is flourishing, especially ever since its ‘revival’ began a few years ago. “I was part of two family-oriented movies — Bin Roye and Janaan — but the third one, Yalghaar [releasing this Eid] is going to be different … very different,” Armeena smiles as she goes in Yalghaar mode.

“I have grown with these films because they helped me play characters in entirely diverse surroundings. Bin Roye was set in the US and urban Pakistan. The setting of Janaan was in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, while Yalghaar is an action-packed story that pays tribute to war heroes.”

592a3d6f94371.jpg

The rise of this Canadian-born beauty has more to do with her decision to study business in London. “I didn’t choose acting, acting chose me,” Armeena says as she discloses her first attempt to act in front of the camera. “My parents are Pakistanis settled in Canada and I myself had no inclination towards acting. A few modelling assignments led to a film in India and since then there has been no looking back. The only thing that has changed is that now I travel a lot between Canada, my real estate business set-up in England, and acting assignments in Pakistan.”

592a3d4512cbc.jpg

5 styles from Gul Ahmed's Festive Luxury collection you want to try this Eid
Gul Ahmed's latest collection is summer-perfect in so many ways

1) Pastels, so many pastels
No one wants to step out in the blistering heat in a colour any less cooler than this lovely lilac!

592bd19587ac5.jpg

Not only is the palette ideal for summer, these candy-coloured looks are bright and cheery without being in-your-face, giving you a subtle yet chic look.

592bdad155781.jpg

2) You can't go wrong with floral designs
While floral motifs seem to trend all year round in Pakistan, they are especially relevant in the spring/summer season.

592bd1cf10a1f.jpg

The trick is not to overdo it — a design featuring a few bright flowers are enough to give your jora some oomph. After all, it's an outfit, not a bouquet.

592bd1d80f9ac.jpg

3) The sheer tops are a win-win!
Don't you love it when comfort and style combine? This summer's it trend seems to be the sheer top, and we couldn't be happier!

592bd1821d4ac.jpg

Sheer tops look graceful and are airy, so that's a win-win. Pro tip: Be sure to keep the chemise and top matching, so the whole outfit comes together.

592bd1bd5ce16.jpg

4) Gotta love the contrasts!
Nothing lifts up a pretty pattern like contrasting colours. Have your designs contrast the base colour of your outfit to look bright and fun.

592bd17328d37.jpg

Be careful not to have the colours that clash too much, though. You want your jora to look interesting, not eccentric.

592bdb0474fe1.jpg

5) Going easy on the embroidery
We love beautiful embroidery, but in this heat it feels like a burden. This is why minimal designs get a thumbs-up from us!

592bd1876a370.jpg

The best minimalistic look is a monochromatic outfit with a colourful dupatta. It's one of those timeless ways to be super comfortable yet on fleek.

592bd1a431df7.jpg

Th

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom