What's new

Pakistani laws prohibiting underage marriage un-Islamic: CII

@Developereo @syedali73 @Aeronaut @Leader @Pakistani Exile @Secularpakistani - I don't understand why you educated folks in Pakistan go so deep into introspection everytime some fundoo speaks trash. One idiot speaks crap, and the reasonable folks say that God can't help Pakistan and all that. I have noticed a general despondency with regards to matters involving religious fundamentalism. And I don't like it. Because I can not help but care. :(

God has already made YOU and given you the intellect. The intellect and also the conscience. Use it and file a case against these folks. It does not matter if it is technically correct according to Islam or not.

This is strictly a moral issue - not a religious one. :disagree: Best wishes.

I have to agree with Indian here.... no need to take it serious, most likely media is twisting the context or words and we are comparing it with dooms day.
While, i have seen in EU girls of 13 years doing sex, i didn't wanted to mentioned it but, i'm talking in reference to once...one of my neighbor.

What is underage?The age at which a person can be legally married can differ from the age of consent. Age of consent vary from 14 to 18 depend on region. The age of consent is 13 in Spain. It is 14 in Albania, Austria, Bulgaria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Estonia, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Liechtenstein, Macedonia, Montenegro, Portugal, San Marino and Serbia. It is 15 in Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, the Faroe Islands, France, Greece, Iceland, Monaco, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia and Sweden. It is 16 in Andorra, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Finland, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Moldova, the Netherlands, Norway, Russia, Switzerland, Ukraine and the UK. It is 17 in Cyprus and Ireland and 18 in Malta and Turkey.

Age of consent - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ages of consent in Europe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ages of consent in Asia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Whats wrong with Spain :blink: 13? :blink:

Yup me found it under a different number...

Never mind found it...in vol. 9, book 86 hadith 98!

I have to agree with Indian here.... no need to take it serious, most likely media is twisting the context or words and we are comparing it with dooms day.
While, i have seen in EU girls of 13 years doing sex, i didn't wanted to mentioned it but, i'm talking in reference to once...one of my neighbor.
:astagh:

@Developereo @syedali73 @Aeronaut @Leader @Pakistani Exile @Secularpakistani - I don't understand why you educated folks in Pakistan go so deep into introspection everytime some fundoo speaks trash. One idiot speaks crap, and the reasonable folks say that God can't help Pakistan and all that. I have noticed a general despondency with regards to matters involving religious fundamentalism. And I don't like it. Because I can not help but care. :(

God has already made YOU and given you the intellect. The intellect and also the conscience. Use it and file a case against these folks. It does not matter if it is technically correct according to Islam or not.

This is strictly a moral issue - not a religious one. :disagree: Best wishes.
:rofl: you mean the post below yours? :rofl:

Bugger :cray: Kon kahan say lata hai aysee Hadith....I mean many are not even Prophet's saying:

6968. Narrated AbU Hurairah i
The Prophet said, "A virgin should not be
married till she is asked for her consent; and
the matron should not be married till she is
asked whether she agrees to marry or not." It
was asked, "0 Allah's Messenger! How will
she (the virgin) express her consent?" He
said, "By keeping silent."
Some people said, "If a virgin is not asked
for her consent and she is not married, and
then a man, by playing a trick presents two
false witnesses that he has married her with
her consent and the judge confirms his
marriage as a true one, and the husband
knows that the witnesses were false ones
then there is no harm for him to consummate
his marriage with her and the marriage is
regarded as valid
."

Its more of a some people said? :unsure:

@Azlan Haider

nothing is wrong :D spanish juldi jawan ho jatey hein
:rofl: Kuch ziada hi! :unsure: age of consent (13) sounds like a joke now!

@Talon and @LoveIcon do you fellows have any reference from Quran, regarding marriage?

i heard some where... there is some verse, allowing it only in case... for the sake of child care, when original mother is not fit, or some thing similar... i may be wrong though!

age of consent is when you can have sex without falling foul of law... onset of puberty usually when people start having sex and there is no way one can stop it. criminalizing it wont help.

may be now but Pata ha during roman times girls were married when they were 12 year old and same was the case with catholic church . It was also betwen 12 and 14 in medieval Europe

@Talon and @LoveIcon do you fellows have any reference from Quran, regarding marriage?

i heard some where... there is some verse, allowing it only in case... for the sake of child care, when original mother is not fit, or some thing similar... i may be wrong though!

004:002 To orphans restore their property (When they reach their age), nor substitute (your) worthless things for (their) good ones; and devour not their substance (by mixing it up) with your own. For this is indeed a great sin.

004:003 If ye fear that ye shall not be able to deal justly with the orphans, Marry women of your choice, Two or three or four; but if ye fear that ye shall not be able to deal justly (with them), then only one, or (a captive) that your right hands possess, that will be more suitable, to prevent you from doing injustice.

Its more of a some people said?

In the first part , prophet (pbuh) tells that a virgin can not be married to someone without her consent . Most probably that was in reply to "some" people who claimed otherwise

Never mind found it...in vol. 9, book 86 hadith 98!
Hi don't try to interpret it by yourself, the Judge's ruling will depend on many things not just on witnesses but i think that Physical evidence will be given preference over witnesses in today's world but i'm not sure .

I know a retired scholar from CII and he's not a typical Mullah. let's see what he has to say.

Hi don't try to interpret it by yourself, the Judge's ruling will depend on many things not just on witnesses but i think that Physical evidence will be given preference over witnesses in today's world but i'm not sure .

I know a retired scholar from CII and he's not a typical Mullah. let's see what he has to say.
achawwww

:tongue:

@Talon

or a better explaining version may be :

SAHIH BUKHARI
Volume 9, Book 86, Number 101 :
Narrated by 'Aisha

Allah's Apostle said, "It is essential to have the consent of a virgin (for the marriage). I said, "A virgin feels shy." The Prophet; said, "Her silence means her consent." Some people said, "If a man falls in love with an orphan slave girl or a virgin and she refuses (him) and then he makes a trick by bringing two false witnesses to testify that he has married her, and then she attains the age of puberty and agrees to marry him and the judge accepts the false witness and the husband knows that the witnesses were false ones, he may consummate his marriage."

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom