What's new

Pakistani/Indian Muslim Letter to the British PM 1919

Very interesting, Muslims seem like incredibly united people!

Muslims are incredibly dis-united & have probably done more wrongs to each other than they've done to others !

Its just that the notion of 'Muslims being of the likeness of One Body' is a romanticized notion central to Islam which is usually not followed but even still the average Muslim cares about his fellow Muslim elsewhere as if a bond...a slight bond were exist between the two however tis true that their Governments or their Elites or even themselves on some other day wouldn't believe in it & they usually don't !

Muslims are incredibly dis-united & have probably done more wrongs to each other than they've done to others !

Its just that the notion of 'Muslims being of the likeness of One Body' is a romanticized notion central to Islam which is usually not followed but even still the average Muslim cares about his fellow Muslim elsewhere as if a bond...a slight bond were exist between the two however tis true that their Governments or their Elites or even themselves on some other day wouldn't believe in it & they usually don't !
I think the bolded part is slightly debatable! But back to what you where saying is that atleast your religion has that sense of brotherhood no matter how romanticized, look at Christians, they have millions of different sects and us Hindus are only starting to become a united force. Humans are a group of people that will always look at differences and fight over it, be it religion, ethnicity or hair color. I think how Islam is still keeping that brotherhood alive is really good.

I think the bolded part is slightly debatable! But back to what you where saying is that atleast your religion has that sense of brotherhood no matter how romanticized, look at Christians, they have millions of different sects and us Hindus are only starting to become a united force. Humans are a group of people that will always look at differences and fight over it, be it religion, ethnicity or hair color. I think how Islam is still keeping that brotherhood alive is really good.

Thank You for the kind words, I appreciate them !

However I only wish Muslims were United as well; thats something that Muslim Poets, Saints & the Common Man has longed for & lamented as far back as any of us can remember !

The Mughal India was never submissive to the authority of Ottoman Caliphate which was considered to be as a rival in every terms of power,wealth and region they ruled. But the direction of this passive attitude towards a foreign colonial monarchy slowly changed with the emergence of the salariat class. This particular division of Indian Muslims responded with remarkable display of sympathy with the Turkish caliphate whose fate they recognized equally condemned as their own under the rule of the British in the early 19th Century.

The British quickly realized the importance of a religious ideology in the form of Ottoman Sultans as universal caliphate to exploit the sentiments of the Muslims in the subcontinent. And started promoting the importance and authority of Caliphate which previously had no considerable presence in the subcontinent.This class were astonishingly blind to the facts that the "Islamic" Caliphate never stumbled to fight with their own "Muslim" Arab brethren coercing them into their own colonial regime, neither they bothered to commemorate the Turkish campaign against the Safavids. They conveniently forgot the Ottomans were traditional ally of Buckingham Palace and their India policy was extraordinarily pro British if the caliph's letter to Tipu Sultan or Abdul Majid's condemnation of the 1857 mutineers are taken to be in to due consideration. Ironically, we were creating a gigantic whirlpool of paradoxes and self contradicting ideologies by demonstrating affinity and unity with an expansionist colonial power which was being used as a pawn in the great game between two imperial super powers in the nineteenth century.

good for ottoman to receive support but what do Indian muslims got to do with ottomans?
btw Indian Muslims wanted the caliphate to survive which luckily for turks did not.
ya these people really wanted peace they never asked for peace when ottoman Turks committed mass genocide against Armenians(Christians) in which more than 1.5million people died

ya these people really wanted peace they never asked for peace when ottoman Turks committed mass genocide against Armenians(Christians) in which more than 1.5million people died
"According to Ottoman archives, about 500,000 people were forced to relocate and around 500,000 were migrated to Caucasia on their own consent. The relocation process carried on for nine mounths. Talat Pasha thought of Konya first. But afterwards they have been resettled in Syria. Nobody is definitely sure about the number of died Armenians. There are people claiming 800,000, or 1 million or even 1.5 million. These are all false. Before 1915, we know that there were 1.5 million Armenians according to the Patriarchate. If you compare those who returned in 1919 and those who didn't, you can calculate the highest possible number of Armenians who died on the way. There is a report written by the Halep ambassador of the USA stating that they provided aid for 486 thousand Armenian migrants all registered with their names. All these official documents deny the assertions of 1 million death cases... In 1921, as stated by the British consulate in Istanbul, the whole population of Armenians in the world was defined. This was done by the UN to determine the budget to be appropriated for Armenians. They recorded that 827 thousand of relocated Armenians were Turkish citizens. They also claim that "95 thousand Armenians were forced to change their religion to Islam, during the period of Kemalist Turkish Republic". When you add the 150 thousand who live in Istanbul, only then you get a number just over a million. The number of those who died from illnes was about 100 thousand and those who were killed during attacks were 10 thousand." 23
What is the Armenian Problem?

Armenian and Western Historians are scared of debating the cold hard facts.

Another member made the same claims you did and I made him admit that his accusations were based on false information. Then he asked me if I could ask the webmaster to take down his armenian thread.

@Kaan. This is a heartwarming part of our history. A history all Muslims of Pakistan are proud of. My grand dad used to tell us stories of how Muslims in South Asia organized rallies, aid and its delivery to Turkey. He was college going kid in those days.

@Kaan. This is a heartwarming part of our history. A history all Muslims of Pakistan are proud of. My grand dad used to tell us stories of how Muslims in South Asia organized rallies, aid and its delivery to Turkey. He was college going kid in those days.
Thanks man. If it wasn't for you guys we probably would not even exist today.:pakistan:

Thanks man. If it wasn't for you guys we probably would not even exist today.:pakistan:

The genesis of Pakistan Movement lies in your War of Independence. Muslim of South Asia never accepted British rule. Since at that time, no Muslim nation was free from Imperialism, the Muslim of South Asia looked up to Ottoman Sultan as their ruler. That was the reason why Muslim of South Asia and later Pakistan have such a deep spiritual attachment to Ottoman Turkey and to Turkey later on.

The genesis of Pakistan Movement lies in your War of Independence. Muslim of South Asia never accepted British rule. Since at that time, no Muslim nation was free from Imperialism, the Muslim of South Asia looked up to Ottoman Sultan as their ruler. That was the reason why Muslim of South Asia and later Pakistan have such a deep spiritual attachment to Ottoman Turkey and to Turkey later on.
It looks like 50 years from now Turkey and Pakistan will restore the dignity of the muslims

I don't blame you, they are generally irrelevant. :lol: @BDforever :sarcastic:
:sarcastic:

Nah @BDforever and his kin are my brothers. they are very relevant :kiss3:

@Kaan

I dream of a flag made up from Pakistani flag's greenery , Turkish flag's hilal and Saudi flag's Shahada.

The Muslim Caliphate shall rise again Insha-Allah.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom