What's new

Pakistani Female's Journey to flying for a US Airline.

because USSR vs USA politics...cold war. And offcourse they(PAF) didn't need them back then.

F-7s came when mig-21s were no longer available to pakistan.

Other operators may be idiots...

Pity they didn't take advise from some internet warriors. :D

Ok thanx i will do so. Aap cessna kahan ura rahay thay, bermuda triangle kay ooper?

just an introductory 30min flight, the instructor gave me the controls of the plane right after take off...Then it was all me.....

Disappointed to see the comments over here... Men will always remain tharki, no matter what... It only makes you admire the wisdom of Islam, behind orders of Hijab, in front of Na Mehram men, much more

I agree.....
and she's not even that attractive anyways...

I never mentioned India.
I only talked about f7p and f7pg.
Instead of speaking nonsense search the forum or else stfu.

mig-21 > f7

@Faiez, PAF sends it's useless copy of MiG-21 called the F-7PG to exercise against the likes of Mirage-2000s latest version of the Vipers, i wonder what was PAF thinking, surely could benefit from your words of wisdom.:-)

9488373291_2771ffcb54_b.jpg

I agree.....
and she's not even that attractive anyways...

OMG!!! Lolzz aap nay tau farah ki post ka maqsad hee tor diya. She had meant lets not comment on women's looks. (And no, shes pretty, shamain likés her)
I thought you were a professional pilot?

OMG!!! Lolzz aap nay tau farah ki post ka maqsad hee tor diya. She had meant lets not comment on women's looks. (And no, shes pretty, shamain likés her)
I thought you were a professional pilot?

I got what she said....she has a valid point, I've noticed the same thing on many many threads here...

Any thread which is like "woman does blah blah blah", the comments are all regarding her marital status etc...

No, I'm not professional, just took an introductory lesson in a cessna 172. Flying is expensive. Expect rs.10,000-15,000/hr or so for the usual cessnas...

@Faiez, PAF sends it's useless copy of MiG-21 called the F-7PG to exercise against the likes of Mirage-2000s latest version of the Vipers, i wonder what was PAF thinking, surely could benefit from your words of wisdom.:-)

9488373291_2771ffcb54_b.jpg

They train with what they have....If they had biplanes, they would have sent those...

They train with what they have....If they had biplanes, they would have sent those...
Well they done away with biplanes many Moons ago, however they did have F-16s, JF-17s and Mirages. !!
Perhaps there's a reason why the PGs were inducted in middle of crisis with India in 2002.
Perhaps some of us are oblivious to the actual capabilities of the F-7PG, oops i mean the MiG copy.

btw is Flight Lt Ayesha Farooq still flying her combat plane or not?

The doors of Bollywood is open after you retire from PAF!!....:enjoy:

And

Bollywood will offer you a female lead role of Indian Women Fighter Pilot bombing PAF base!!:D

An offer you cannot refuse!!
Shut up, troll! :butcher:
Love your sig. :enjoy:

It does not become so because you say so.
As I said earlier go through the thread of paf f7 and get some knowledge instead of posting rubbish.

yes, it was already that way.....my saying changed nothing...

Well they done away with biplanes many Moons ago, however they did have F-16s, JF-17s and Mirages. !!
Perhaps there's a reason why the PGs were inducted in middle of crisis with India in 2002.
Perhaps some of us are oblivious to the actual capabilities of the F-7PG, oops i mean the MiG copy.

F-7 IS a Mig copy. USSR sent incomplete tech to China for mig21, then they completed the rest of it on their own to make it A.close.AP to the mig-21.

And what are your views on 100% indigenously built al-khalid (a chinese tank type 90-II based on a tank based on a tank based on a fake T-54) and the glorious al-zarrar tank (modified fake T-54) ?

And don't get me started on the new fake F-16s pakistan plans on getting from china soon (J-10 they call them). And maybe the fake su-27s (J-11) will also come in....

Pakistan does the exact same thing as us ordinary consumers do...wait till china makes a cheap copy of it, then buy it lol...

on the other hand, india just buys direct from source...they're filthy rich (the government I mean. The ordinary people are just plain filthy :P)

Well good for her and she has done well herself.
I'm not going to praise her for being some sort of super patriot, or someone who is more deserving of our praise than the many pilots who put their lives at risk, in order to defend the skies of Pakistan.
I have to say I am disappointed by her remarks on her profile.

Summary
When you are young, you think you can change the world but as the reality of life, old traditions and shackles of culture come stand as obstacles in your face you realize, may be not! By no means I am trying to state that I did not have the strength and the determination to over come those traditions and break the shackles, but what was next?

"An Air Force Officer who does not stand equal opportunity to make a General, not because she is not good enough, but because she is a woman." my reason for discharge from PAF.

I have a lot of courage, but may be not enough to invest 20 some prime years of my life to wait and see if I could change the way people think in Pakistan.

So 6 years ago, with 2 suit cases, I showed up in VeroBeach, Florida at 10pm, to find myself at a deserted gas station and the only passenger getting off the Grey Hound bus. It was a moment out of the movies, I had no cell phone, did not know anybody, didn't know where I was, didn't have coins to use the public phone and didn't have any phone numbers for a cab service, and english was broken too on top of the culture shock I was in!!

Two hours, multiple phonecalls to cab companies and one 911 call later, I was on my way to FlightSafety to become a pilot.

The little things in life that we never give too much importance to, carry of lot meaning and value, like being able to breathe in free air and not have a feeling of being watched and harassed all the time, like having a cell phone to call a cab or like having a friend or family member around in the country you live in as your support group. I learnt the value of these little things when I came to USA.

The opportunity of becoming an Aviator, that I was looking for in my own country, in many unsaid words was denied to me, but I got that opportunity in USA and thats why now I call it home. Where I can not only pursue my career but can do it freely, which is what matters the most to me.

Thank you USA for letting me break free of the shackles!! o_O

Free air?
Not having a cell phone?
Shackles?

Oh dear.

These are my heros......

Cecil_Chaudhry.jpg

When asked about settling abroad due to the discrimination the Christian community faced,he replied he would die in his fatherland.

MM Alam.

m-m-alam.jpg

Engaged in charity work and helping his country out.

If you leave, fine, that's not the issue. But don't bash the very zameen that gave you opportunities.

Last edited:
I have a lot of courage, but may be not enough to invest 20 some prime years of my life to wait and see if I could change the way people think in Pakistan.
thank god those who are sitting all the winter night in cockpit of there fighter and are ready to scramble on a second notice to defend skies of motherland don't think like that.
@waz we are not short of those who join Armed Forces for money and fame.

Her story is so full of contradictions and lies. why is it that every female that achieves something in life has to show Pakistani society including her own family as an enemy that she conquered all alone?

She's now in the US with ExpressJet Airlines.

Here......

Our Amazing Women with First Officer Fatima Shafi | ExpressJet Airlines

Exactly my thoughts, her contrived story is so full of lies and contradictions as the whole Pakistan was against her.

Well good for her and she has done well herself.
I'm not going to praise her for being some sort of super patriot, or someone who is more deserving of our praise than the many pilots who put their lives at risk, in order to defend the skies of Pakistan.
I have to say I am disappointed by her remarks on her profile.

Summary
When you are young, you think you can change the world but as the reality of life, old traditions and shackles of culture come stand as obstacles in your face you realize, may be not! By no means I am trying to state that I did not have the strength and the determination to over come those traditions and break the shackles, but what was next?

"An Air Force Officer who does not stand equal opportunity to make a General, not because she is not good enough, but because she is a woman." my reason for discharge from PAF.

So 6 years ago, with 2 suit cases, I showed up in VeroBeach, Florida at 10pm, to find myself at a deserted gas station and the only passenger getting off the Grey Hound bus. It was a moment out of the movies, I had no cell phone, did not know anybody, didn't know where I was, didn't have coins to use the public phone and didn't have any phone numbers for a cab service, and english was broken too on top of the culture shock I was in!!

Two hours, multiple phonecalls to cab companies and one 911 call later, I was on my way to FlightSafety to become a pilot.

The little things in life that we never give too much importance to, carry of lot meaning and value, like being able to breathe in free air and not have a feeling of being watched and harassed all the time, like having a cell phone to call a cab or like having a friend or family member around in the country you live in as your support group. I learnt the value of these little things when I came to USA.

The opportunity of becoming an Aviator, that I was looking for in my own country, in many unsaid words was denied to me, but I got that opportunity in USA and thats why now I call it home. Where I can not only pursue my career but can do it freely, which is what matters the most to me.

Thank you USA for letting me break free of the shackles!! o_O

Free air?
Not having a cell phone?
Shackles?

Oh dear.

These are my heros......

Cecil_Chaudhry.jpg

When asked about settling abroad due to the discrimination the Christian community faced,he replied he would die in his fatherland.

MM Alam.

m-m-alam.jpg

Engaged in charity work and helping his country out.

If you leave, fine, that's not the issue. But don't bash the very zameen that gave you opportunities.

Back
Top Bottom