What's new

Pakistani Fashion

How old is Pakistani society? Since 1947? Well in that case, yes, skirts were very much a part of our society. So was ballroom dancing. There were/are regular galas and ballroom dances all over the country. They used to be a lot more mainstream then they might be at the moment.

Have you never seen newspaper ads from the 70s, 60s and prior advertising dance shows, floor shows etc. at premier hotels and clubs?

Are you really this naive and ill informed about the culture of your own country?

Watch this documentary about Pakistan, made in 1960. Jump to 2:30 in the video.

YouTube - New Horizons - Pakistan, 1960!

This was, is and has always been Pakistan.

the 5% dont represent pakistani society, sardars never made pakistan, it was the struggle of a common pakistani..

There is a famous incident that occured at a dinner in the 20's involving Jinnah and his wife Ruttie.

Jinnah's wife wore a strapless dress to the dinner and as expected some individuals present at the party saw it as a threat to their faith and society in general.

As soon as the first offensive remark came from none other than the Governor of Bombay, Jinnah left the party furiously with his wife and made a great remark leaving the hosts embarassed.

This is was the founding father of our nation and his family so we can all agree that his nation 'Pakistan' is not some burqa clad nation which can be effected by what women wear.

There is a famous incident that occured at a dinner in the 20's involving Jinnah and his wife Ruttie.

Jinnah's wife wore a strapless dress to the dinner and as expected some individuals present at the party saw it as a threat to their faith and society in general.

As soon as the first offensive remark came from none other than the Governor of Bombay, Jinnah left the party furiously with his wife and made a great remark leaving the hosts embarassed

jinnah left because its ill manners to speak so directly, while he could have just in his heart, but if u saw jinnah movie, QEA was disgusted with the dress his wife wore..

but i would mind what jinnah did before he had an idea of pakistan, but what i believe from the very childhood is the guy was transformed after he started making struggles, as our prophet just did

the 5% dont represent pakistani society, sardars never made pakistan, it was the struggle of a common pakistani..

Drop it. You obviously are out of your depth here. It's not the sardars that wear skirts. Large sections of society did. And did you even watch the video? The "common pakistani" guiding the camel... did you catch him stare or act appalled?

And by the way, I take it you've never spent considerable time in a village in Sindh, Punjab etc. either. You have no *idea* how liberal things are there.

Actually no one is stopping someone from doing fashion !!
But please, do it in limits.

Alright, Pakistan was ofrmed in 47 so we are new, as you may say.
But our cultures and traditions are being practiced looong before that!

Not to forget Islam.

I am not a mullah or anything like that.
Dont belive in these.

But what is prophited in islam is prophited!

And plus,
This is a defence forum, so better have defence talks folks!

Members Club is :"The forum is made to get yourself familiar with other members, and create friends which would help us in creating a friendly community."

jinnah left because its ill manners to speak so directly, while he could have just in his heart, but if u saw jinnah movie, QEA was disgusted with the dress his wife wore..

but i would mind what jinnah did before he had an idea of pakistan, but what i believe from the very childhood is the guy was transformed after he started making struggles, as our prophet just did

Jinnah's movie is no comparative source on his life, if he had so objected against what his wife wore, then he would have not allowed her to wear it in the first place.

As for the transformation, you should read the history of Pakistan. Soon after its creation, women started to become more liberal much to the chagrin of the Mullahs.

Drop it. You obviously are out of your depth here. It's not the sardars that wear skirts. Large sections of society did. And did you even watch the video? The "common pakistani" guiding the camel... did you catch him stare or act appalled?

And by the way, I take it you've never spent considerable time in a village in Sindh, Punjab etc. either. You have no *idea* how liberal things are there.

liberal, villagers!! u gotta be kiddin me, and u speak about honour killings??

Last edited:
150827_1616652210311_1056533426_31562565_4522539_n.jpg

148247_1616637329939_1056533426_31562451_5321565_n.jpg

154933_1616668450717_1056533426_31562609_3796867_n.jpg

I posted this before on this thread but i'll post it again it one of my favourite stories of islam and i feel its fitting towards what alot of e-mullahs here have posted on this thread condemning them to hell,saying pakistan deserves some divine punishment for allowing these fashion shows, calling them whores etc.

There is another story of a prostitute that was walking home one day when she saw a dog who was panting with thirst. The dog was near a well, but was unable to reach any of the cool water to quench it's raging thirst.

The prostitute took pity on the dog and using lowered her shoe into the well to get some water for the thirsty dog. Allah Ta'alah liked this act of kindness so much that he forgave her all her for her immoral lifestyle.

The books of Hadith are filled with examples of people who have been forgiven by Allah and granted entry into Paradise by virtue of one act that Allah liked. Therefore we should not consider any act too small to be worthy of reward and strive to do all the good we can before death overtakes us. We should also refrain from judging others because we don't know what act of theirs Allah may have liked, and for this reason He may forgive them and grant them entry into Paradise

so take something away from the story leave them alone and just let god be the judge none of us know what is really in their hearts for all we know even if they are models they might be really good people inside .If you guys are so concerned about islam focus on yourselves first and don't worry about other's lives.

Jinnah's movie is no comparative source on his life, if he had so objected against what his wife wore, then he would have not allowed her to wear it in the first place.

As for the transformation, you should read the history of Pakistan. Soon after its creation, women started to become more liberal much to the chagrin of the Mullahs.

i dont really consider not wearing hijab and burka to be symbolism of liberalism, my mother never wore a hijab, but she wore chader some times sari, sometimes she didnt want to cover her hair in gathering and its perfectly fine, if u are misguided by the recent western brainwashing, like not wering hijab is concept of liberalism, then its not true.., but wearing a shalwar less naked dresses like skirts was also not part of our society!!

have u seen any pakistani women wearing kurta and not shalwar??, no!!

the dupatta never used to come up the chest before musharraf, then musharraf said, dupatta better be on the neck, what the heck, dupatta is made to wear on the womens neck???, lolllzz, its when u need to do khudkhushi(suicide), too much dellusion with internet and azadi e sahafat

Last edited:
I posted this before on this thread but i'll post it again it one of my favourite stories of islam and i feel its fitting towards what alot of e-mullahs here have posted on this thread condemning them to hell,saying pakistan deserves some divine punishment for allowing these fashion shows, calling them whores etc.

so take something away from the story leave them alone and just let god be the judge none of us know what is really in their hearts for all we know even if they are models they might be really good people inside .If you guys are so concerned about islam focus on yourselves first and don't worry about other's lives.

Yea agreed.
God is the most merciful.
but,
You cannot commit a sin saing that you will be forgiven.
No one knows.

Betetr stay on the safer side. :tup:

^^ khanz is a british pakistani, leave him... argue who live in pakistan, i have first hand of the entire back ground of british pakistanis

Back
Top Bottom