What's new

Pakistani doctor jailed for Treason - helping a foreign intelligence agency

Status
Not open for further replies.
how are they " unreleased " if the UN has put it on its site ?
Either you aren't reading properly or you are engaged in an intentional misrepresentation. Reports through 2005 are available; ones after that, the UN site says, have been classified.

Second , and most important they speak nothing about the things that you were harping about that Pakistan does ...
How do you know this? Are you privy to classified UNSC reports?

All you are showing is your ignorance duplicity and hatred for my country of origin.

I gave you an example of that American Jew spying for Israel a very close ally of America sitting in American jails. The analogy fits perfectly. When America lets him go let me know. Or in the alternate you could go use your arguments to the Supreme court in America and see if they let him out. OK

Jonathan Jay Pollard (born August 7, 1954, Galveston, Texas) worked as an American civilian intelligence analyst before being convicted of spying for Israel. He received a life sentence in 1987.

Israel granted Pollard citizenship in 1995, but denied until 1998 that they had bought classified information from him.[1] Israeli activist groups, as well as high-profile Israeli politicians, have lobbied for his release.[2] Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has voiced particularly strong support for Pollard, visiting the convicted spy in prison in 2002.[3][4] His case was later linked to that of Ben-ami Kadish, another U.S. national who pleaded guilty to charges of passing classified information to Israel in the same period.[5][6] He renounced his United States citizenship and is now solely an Israeli citizen. He would be deported to Israel if he were released from prison.

. Jonathan Pollard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Law works on precedence explain to me Solomon show me demonstrate how this is different. You can go into your circular arguments and avoid the issues and continue "winning friends amongst us for yourself and for Israel" or you could simply be honest

what is this some joke?33 years only and that too for collaborating with a foreign terrorist spy agency?
This guy should have been made into an example and that would have been possible only if he had been given death sentence.
When our decision makers will facilitate release of terrorists such as raymond davis then ofcourse shyt of this sort is bound to follow:agree:
on one hand we have allowed them entry into Pakistan without visa,we have given them airfields and airbases and on the other hand we are crying treason treason...thats same as we allow them nato supply routes.....gas goes through our country into their helicopters,they fly the helicopters into our country and then kill our soldiers and then all we do is protest....does it makes any sense?:undecided:

How do you know your expectations for the justice process haven't been distorted by your lifelong experience of Pakistani misgovernance coupled with the different perspective of Islamic legal theory?

No matter how much you guys are reasoned with , you will go on round and round in circles ...

Interpret it whatever way you want , the penalty for treason will remain same ...

By the way what happened to the American guy who was caught spying for Israel ? :azn:

i am neither in support of this person, nor against. Reasons being he is too human and humans do have a lot of greed for money and power that will over run their judgement on where to share the information. CIA was the best pic for this person as the bounty that they offered was too much when compared to the no reward or possible punishment if he shared the info with ISI.

If you are not against or for this person then why post Ashok?
We are fully aware he is human and perhaps fallen for the love of the $$ - not at the cost of committing treason.
For the love of no money would i turn my back on anything on informing any activity being carried out in the land i live where my loyalties are - be it Pakistan or the UK.
Ashok im sorry to say you are indeed missing the point. His first port of call was loyalty to the nation that he lives in. Does that not make sense to you?
Very very simply - he committed a crime in Pakistan and the Pakistani judiciary have found him guilty and has been sentanced accordingly - in my opinion lightly.
I believe any person responsible of treason against his motherland should expect and serve the highest of crimes as they have moral that relate to the lowest form of human.
Please dont speculate on how the ISI would have dealt with him. You with respect are not in a position to speculate.
Its interesting to see how your mindset is fixed. You say "possible punishment" - why on earth would he potentially suffer punishment by coming forward and doing his duty as a Pakistani national? absurd logic...

No it didn't. Under UNSCR 1373 Pakistan has the binding sovereign obligation to root out terrorists, terror leaders, terror havens, etc. That stuff is supposed to become part of your domestic laws. Interposing the State as an obstructive intermediary - which is what you are acceding to - is a violation of that.

The doctor, then, should never have been prosecuted. I look forward to the appeal - if he can get a good lawyer, that is.
UNSCR 1373 does not override Pakistan's laws against unauthorized collaboration with a foreign intelligence agency.

The State cannot look the other way merely because an individual claims that the foreign intelligence agency he/she was covertly collaborating with assured him/her that the collaboration was for the 'better good of all mankind and certainly not anti-Pakistan'. An intelligence agency is supposed to lie, deceive and act covertly to achieve its objectives.

Whether the Doctor was told he was helping capture OBL or track down the storage locations of Pakistan's strategic weapons, the same principle and charges apply in prosecuting him - assisting a foreign intelligence agency without authorization from the GoP or any of its relevant institutions.

You can keep dredging up UNSCR 1373 and concocting all manner of non-existent interpretations from it, but the fact is that the language of UNSCR 1373 does not support an iota of your arguments, whether in this case or in the case of unilateral US military strikes/operations inside Pakistan.

Either you aren't reading properly or you are engaged in an intentional misrepresentation. Reports through 2005 are available; ones after that, the UN site says, have been classified.

Either they are classified or released - decide what they are :rofl: , how do you know for certain what is in them ? :azn:

And if true , why aren't they being released ? Does UNSC now fear Pakistan ? :lol:

Law works on precedence explain to me Solomon show me demonstrate how this is different.
Already did. UNSCR 1373 makes it a binding sovereign obligation in international law for Pakistan to pursue terrorists and terror havens on Pakistani territory. Nothing to do with Pollard.

- or you could simply be honest
Let's turn it around then: pretend you are Afridi's lawyer and construct legal arguments in his defense. Go ahead, I'm sure lots of people would be interested to see such a display of your skills.

AQ Khan may have enriched himself at the cost of the nation, but he did not betray the country to another State or intelligence agency.

Completely different cases - one involved fraud, the other espionage on behalf of a foreign nation.

Agree - incredible comparison by someone that should know what he is posting. Afridi - goes behind HIS nation to a third party and his scenario is compared to AQ Khan - truly a pears and apple situation...

Seriously? The guy who handed Osama to the US is being charged with treason? And Musharraf who commits a coup is granted safe passage and asylum in the UK? What about the guys who were hiding Osama - will they be tried for treason?

UNSCR 1373 does not override Pakistan's laws against unauthorized collaboration with a foreign intelligence agency.
Because you say so, I suppose!

The State cannot look the other way merely because an individual claims that the foreign intelligence agency he/she was covertly collaborating with assured him/her that the collaboration was for the 'better good of all mankind and certainly not anti-Pakistan'. An intelligence agency is supposed to lie, deceive and act covertly to achieve its objectives.
The State could praise him for creatively constructing the law and adopting it to the circumstances rather than "looking the other way". According to the ex-GRU spy "Victor Suvorov" this was the argument Soviet spymasters used in the 1950s to justify their illegal (but effective) collaboration independent of Moscow in WWII to work against the Nazis. Rather than the death penalty for treason, they all got medals.

You can keep dredging up UNSCR 1373 and concocting all manner of non-existent interpretations from it, but the fact is that the language of UNSCR 1373 does not support an iota of your arguments -
Because you say so, I suppose!

If TTP and AT are both Followers of AQ, then how come one is good and one is bad ?? You are contradicting your own past stands..

When did I say AT is follower of AQ? At present they are fighting against foreigners oocupying their land. TTP isn't. It is very simple to understand.

Seriously? The guy who handed Osama to the US is being charged with treason? And Musharraf who commits a coup is granted safe passage and asylum in the UK? What about the guys who were hiding Osama - will they be tried for treason?

Do you definitely know that Osama was being hidden by someone?

Could you please share with us your inside knowledge from Bombay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom