What's new

Pakistani corner

For some times :).
Sista isn't leaving bro. Abhi to senior title Ka Faida Bhi Nahi uthaya. Lol
As long as it does not impact studies, stay as long as you like, though at times one feels like having a break from PDF ,when Ramzan arrives I might take a well extended break. though I suspect @Zibago s special thread may draw me back in.kudos

As long as it does not impact studies, stay as long as you like, though at times one feels like having a break from PDF ,when Ramzan arrives I might take a well extended break. though I suspect @Zibago s special thread may draw me back in.kudos

Today is the last spring break. Finals are at the corner.
And same here. I'm gonna take full month off from PDF during Ramadan. I reduce the amount of time I spend on social media. Can't even wait for this month.

We are going off-topic.
Not those slinty eyed tajiks, I mean the ones that live in panjsher. similar looking to this guy
image-jpeg.303054
I was talking about this part of the post...
"A lot of gilgatis look more like tajiks than chitralis I would say."

And this soldier is most probably from Hunza or Ghizer area. They have nothing to do with Tajiks, do share similarities with Chitralis. Then again they are not categorized as Dardic. I think Baltis do share some similarities with Tajiks.

FML :(, well a get well soon to me.
Hate to be stuck here....I should be chilling in Gilgit, enjoying the good life. :(
My brother has his first exam tomorrow, just think how much pressure he's in.
Should have give some now and some later.
Many corporate giants go for quantity as their main source for raw materials (unfortunately).
Thinking about making a business model, export quality. Need a good investor/ partner. Market is massive, and being from Gilgit i know there is no shortage of quality. It's a good business plan.
One of many good business plans i will hopefully try to follow. :-) Maybe get you in too, if you are ever interested.
PS: other models involve transportation and other sectors, lol.
Oh just wait a couple of years, you'll then know what I'm going through.......... But that's the thing I hate the most, I get it that my parents are dictating my life, but people who's name I don't even know doing it, that pisses me off.
Agreed, that is the worst part.

Today is the last spring break. Finals are at the corner.
And same here. I'm gonna take full month off from PDF during Ramadan. I reduce the amount of time I spend on social media. Can't even wait for this month.
Meray bhe Finals kareeb hain but no tension i aced mids i am gonna ace em finals :D

@lastofthepatriots , Baltis cannot be categorized as Dardic. Neither can the Hunzik(people from Hunza) and people from Ghizer. Not to forget a good number of Wakhi people we have in Pakistan too.
Languages are different, and so are the similarities. GB might be a small region, but the diversity of the people is very astonishing.
@krash , please correct me if i am wrong in my assessment.

Indeed.

First of all the classification of "Dardic" is very lazy and ignorant, to be honest. It basically groups together most of the different ethnicities living in the north-western Indian subcontinent; from Kashmiris to Kho, from the Kohistanis to the Ladakhis.....I mean c'mon! Anyone who knows anything about even two of these different ethnic groups will know how stupid this classification is. Due to this reason I'll be using the term 'indigenous' (with regards to their inhabited area) instead of 'dardic'.

Notwithstanding the Kalasha's claims of Greek descent, the Baltis are the only ethnic group in GB who exhibit a noticeable mix of foreign (Tibetan) and indigenous descent. Their culture, language and appearance (due to which that poster thought that they were somehow related to the Nepalese) makes that abundantly clear. All the remaining groups are more or less native to the lands. For example the Hunzais or the Burusho are as native as they come; their genetic mix and language does not show any notable imports. The Kho are another example who are regularly either grouped together with the Pakhtoons or vaguely termed as Chitralis. The Kashmiri on the other hand is another example of broad classification. The differences in the Kashmiri people can be very pronounced depending upon which part of Kashmir they belong to. These differences are related to the admixture of other ethnicities (Gujjar, Dogra and Pahari) with the indigenous Kashmiri blood e.g. The Meerpuris are a far cry from the ones from the vale.

Also note that the ethnicities' names based on geographic terms do not mean that you'd find only those people in that region and only in that region. The Wakhi, for example, are named after the Wakhan corridor but reside in many different pockets in four different countries (Pakistan, Afghanistan, Tajikistan and China) and call themselves by different names in each. The Kho on the other hand can also be found in Ghizer and Ishkoman while the Shina from Gilgit to as far away as Indian occupied Kashmir. What I'm trying to say is that, as Wajsal mentioned before, Northern Pakistan is a beautiful soup of a very many different indigenous ethnicities. Some of them have been influenced by the others, some by foreign elements, some not at all. Classifying them all under a disingenuous a term as 'Dardic' would be unjust and ignorant.

The reasons why southern Pakistanis are thrown off by the clearly obvious differences in appearance of the different ethnicities up North are (1) They aren't used to seeing such pronounced differences in such a small region (2) they have no clue what is in our north (3) unlike the 4 provinces the dilution of the gene pool up north has been extremely slow due to the remoteness of the region (4) the far lighter skin tones than what they are used to seeing. Hence their conclusion: they cannot be from here.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom