What's new

Pakistani corner

I like Tahir Shah, and I don't mind his songs. He is an innocent person and I like him for that. Someone who does what he likes irrespective what others have to say. :)
I also feel sorry for this guy but innocence has its limits, at some point it changes into stupidity.

I also feel sorry for this guy but innocence has its limits, at some point it changes into stupidity.

Why would you feel sorry for the guy? He is a genius yar, he knows how to get famous, people may think him stupid but he knows how to make them remember him.

Indeed.

First of all the classification of "Dardic" is very lazy and ignorant, to be honest. It basically groups together most of the different ethnicities living in the north-western Indian subcontinent; from Kashmiris to Kho, from the Kohistanis to the Ladakhis.....I mean c'mon! Anyone who knows anything about even two of these different ethnic groups will know how stupid this classification is. Due to this reason I'll be using the term 'indigenous' (with regards to their inhabited area) instead of 'dardic'.

Notwithstanding the Kalasha's claims of Greek descent, the Baltis are the only ethnic group in GB who exhibit a noticeable mix of foreign (Tibetan) and indigenous descent. Their culture, language and appearance (due to which that poster thought that they were somehow related to the Nepalese) makes that abundantly clear. All the remaining groups are more or less native to the lands. For example the Hunzais or the Burusho are as native as they come; their genetic mix and language does not show any notable imports. The Kho are another example who are regularly either grouped together with the Pakhtoons or vaguely termed as Chitralis. The Kashmiri on the other hand is another example of broad classification. The differences in the Kashmiri people can be very pronounced depending upon which part of Kashmir they belong to. These differences are related to the admixture of other ethnicities (Gujjar, Dogra and Pahari) with the indigenous Kashmiri blood e.g. The Meerpuris are a far cry from the ones from the vale.

Also note that the ethnicities' names based on geographic terms do not mean that you'd find only those people in that region and only in that region. The Wakhi, for example, are named after the Wakhan corridor but reside in many different pockets in four different countries (Pakistan, Afghanistan, Tajikistan and China) and call themselves by different names in each. The Kho on the other hand can also be found in Ghizer and Ishkoman while the Shina from Gilgit to as far away as Indian occupied Kashmir. What I'm trying to say is that, as Wajsal mentioned before, Northern Pakistan is a beautiful soup of a very many different indigenous ethnicities. Some of them have been influenced by the others, some by foreign elements, some not at all. Classifying them all under a disingenuous a term as 'Dardic' would be unjust and ignorant.

The reasons why southern Pakistanis are thrown off by the clearly obvious differences in appearance of the different ethnicities up North are (1) They aren't used to seeing such pronounced differences in such a small region (2) they have no clue what is in our north (3) unlike the 4 provinces the dilution of the gene pool up north has been extremely slow due to the remoteness of the region (4) the far lighter skin tones than what they are used to seeing. Hence their conclusion: they cannot be from here.

But you have to accept that us Kashmiris are the crème de la crème of the lot ! :smokin:

Except that we're short, we eat as if our lives depended on it and we tend to go bald rather early in life ! :undecided:

And then to top it all up we've could somewhat helluva surnames which provide a challenge when telling an English speaker that Butt is not in English ! :rofl:

But you have to accept that us Kashmiris are the crème de la crème of the lot ! :smokin:
Nods... I agree with that.
And then to top it all up we've could somewhat helluva surnames which provide a challenge when telling an English speaker that Butt is not in English ! :rofl:
Well it would help if you did not moon them every few days:angel:

M gunna be gone back to saving lives etc... nothing awesome :whistle::whistle: for the next few months, will drop by to read at times but no real activity so make sure this forum stays funny:pop::pop: or else :butcher:.....

Nods... I agree with that.

Well it would help if you did not moon them every few days:angel:

M gunna be gone back to saving lives etc... nothing awesome :whistle::whistle: for the next few months, will drop by to read at times but no real activity so make sure this forum stays funny:pop::pop: or else :butcher:.....

Saving lives ? I thought Dr.Frankenstein created life....! :undecided:

Everyone pls tell me it's not photoshopped @Zibago @django @Moonlight :o: @WAJsal
13095987_609690569188104_3129852768954522160_n.jpg

images

She gave you life, carried you in her womb and cried tears of joy when she first heard your feeble cry. The very moment she first held you in her arms, she took an oath to protect you, love you and give you all the joy in the world.

Do you think she was prepared for all of this?

No.

We all keep searching for meaning in our lives but the very moment she wrapped you in her protective embrace, she found the meaning to her life.

Are you wondering what it was?

It was you.

When you took your first steps and spoke your first words, the joy that filled her heart was a hundred fold.

Do you recall your first day at school?

Of course, you do.

You learnt to make it through the day without her being by your side, after all this while being dependent on her.

The sight of her coming to pick you from school excited you, and you knew she will always be there for you every day.

Remember asking a thousand questions out of curiosity and getting answers to all of them?

We all have tested her patience.

She is your first teacher, who educated you and taught you how to face the world fearlessly.

Every day she has followed the same routine of accomplishing household chores so you can avail the comfort and not sleep with an empty stomach.

Apart from the usual routine she goes through every day, have you thought of the numerous challenges she faced in raising you?

We have seen her strength and resilience.

You know you can vent your anger, frustration or anything that’s troubling you at any point in time because she listens with her heart. She feels the same amount of pain you’re going through, and gives you the sincerest advice that nobody else would.

Have you been taking her love for granted? She understands our emotions but we, at times, fail to speak her emotional language. Her life is a constant struggle.

She can walk in our shoes all the time but we can’t walk in hers for a day.

You know you have someone to soothe away the cares of the day but are you standing by her side today? She’s growing old and tends to forget things, does it irritate you?

Think of the times when you had a thousand questions.

Now is the time to give your mother all the joy in the world, just like she did everything selflessly. It’s never too late.

:pissed::pissed::pissed::pissed::pissed:I Just saw the post my blood pressure is kissing sky .
I just want to reply back as cheap as I can , man I surly can do more bad mouthing then him or her , :guns::guns::guns:

Either way, it's so on point. :D

PTV can't make this mistake. :p
Their duty is to tell current government is doing its job perfectly. :D oh yes American Sundi is the real threat. Lol
PTv is joke i dont watch ptv or geo even in my village i prefer to watch grass grow then to watch ptv news

:pissed::pissed::pissed::pissed::pissed:I Just saw the post my blood pressure is kissing sky .
I just want to reply back as cheap as I can , man I surly can do more bad mouthing then him or her , :guns::guns::guns:
Bhai larkiyon ko to na karo na choro ghusa thuko have a light beer with chicken pakora and calm down

Back
Top Bottom