What's new

Pakistani corner

I get them for free, my nani brings them each year. I get my share, Almonds, Walnuts, Dried Apricots, Dried shatoot, etc,e tc. lol.

Which pdf member with K2 as his avatar do you love most? :D

Those kaghazi walnuts and almonds, right? You can crack them open with your bare hands, man! I still have half a bori each of them left from last year. Not a big fan of the dried shatoot, but those almond filled dried apricots I can't ever get enough of.

Imagine if someone out here would have the vision to do with dried apricots what the Arabs have done with dates.

When this English Lanvage Program continued to surpass IELTS.

langvage.jpg

When these two chickens decided to have a fierce ‘who looks best?’ competition. Do check out the dog eyeing them!

presentation-640x480.jpg

Those kaghazi walnuts and almonds, right?
All sorts, we have many Apricots, Almonds and Cherry trees. I usually get necklaces made of Almonds(something we do over there:p:).
Not a big fan of the dried shatoot, but those almond filled dried apricots I can't ever get enough of.
Yes, love those. It is made in a huge amount, it is sold for a good price. I would suggest the ugly looking one's, as the yellowish ones have been artificially colored, through phosphorus(if i remember correctly). Dry Fruits are our specialty.

Read the first part when it was post and second just now (don't have the privilege to reply in the other thread).
Many mistakes were made and Jinnah left us too soon and the rest is just history. If Fatimah Jinnah got elected then the fate of Pakistan would've been very different. 1) there would've been no Operation Gibraltar (stupid operation) and 2) East Pakistan would still be with us. I would even say Kashmir issue might have been resolved.

I wouldn't blame just the Army for this but also the Political elite and civil servants in particular. At the time Pakistan's literacy rate was less than 20%? People were hard pressed to make do without clothes, food and shelter... voting was not the priority (or choosing a leader) but filling the belly and having a shelter was (makes me very sad).
So Quaid was correct in telling the civil servants that it is their duty to build the nation, provide justice and fairness rather than take sides and make a mess of every thing. As I often say weak judiciary and police is the main culprit for all the ills. Fix these two and we will have a country to be proud of.
Worst part is we did exactly the opposite of what our Quaid wanted us to do.
This speech is very important:
“You have to do your duty as servants; you are not concerned with this political or that political party; that is not your business. It is a business of politicians to fight out their case under the present constitution or the future constitution that may be ultimately framed. You, therefore, have nothing to do with this party or that party. You are civil servants. Whichever gets the majority will form the Government and your duty is to serve that Government for the time being as servants not as politicians. How will you do that? The Government in power for the time being must also realize and understand their responsibilities that you are not to be used for this party or that. I know we are saddled with old legacy, old mentality, old psychology and it haunts our footsteps, but it is up to you now to act as true servants of the people even at the risk of any Minister or Ministry trying to interfere with you in the discharge of your duties as civil servants. I hope it will not be so but even if some of you have to suffer as a victim. I hope it will not happen –I expect you to do so readily. We shall of course see that there is security for you and safeguards to you. If we find that is in anyway prejudicial to your interest we shall find ways and means of giving you that security. Of course you must be loyal to the Government that is in power.

The second point is that of your conduct and dealings with the people in various Departments, in which you may be: wipe off that past reputation; you are not rulers. You do not belong to the ruling class; you belong to the servants. Make the people feel that you are their servants and friends, maintain the highest standard of honor, integrity, justice and fair-play. If you do that, people will have confidence and trust in you and will look upon you as friends and well wishers. I do not want to condemn everything of the past, there were men who did their duties according to their lights in the service in which they were placed. As administrator they did do justice in many cases but they did not feel that justice was done to them because there was an order of superiority and they were held at a distance and they did not feel the warmth but they felt a freezing atmosphere when they had to do anything with the officials. Now that freezing atmosphere must go and you must do your best with all courtesy and kindness and try to understand the people. May be sometimes you will find that it is trying and provoking when a man goes on talking and repeating a thing over and over again, but have patience and show patience and make them feel that justice has been done to them.”[2]

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/pakistans-political-history-part-2.419934/#ixzz3yinRbsRJ

@Syed.Ali.Haider ...

I find it funny that Indians will never accept that they support these terrorist groups, although the evidence coming to media is strong enough. But we have much more substantial evidence present. Plus, why is it so hard to accept the truth, right? it is being done since 1966. We need to start strengthening ourselves internally.

I find it funny that Indians will never accept that they support these terrorist groups, although the evidence coming to media is strong enough. But we have much more substantial evidence present. Plus, why is it so hard to accept the truth, right? it is being done since 1966. We need to start strengthening ourselves internally.
India is our rival country they wiol countinue to conspire against but their conspiracies cant work if we have our own house in order i mean why are we searching for foreign connections when we have terrorists smack in the middle of our capital valling for regime change through violent overthrow?

hey I am a rubber stamp and doing my job perfectly for King ul momineen Nawaz the great food eater.

Bro ager Pakistani Indian ko kehy tum Indian ho tu who iss baat se b inkaar kr dyen gey. Yeh to phir ilzaam ki baat hey.

Worst part is we did exactly the opposite of what our Quaid wanted us to do.

What we did (as you describe) killed off the Pakistan in 1971 that the Quaid created in 1947. What is left now are only ruins of his dream, and even these ruins are on a path to oblivion. Obviously, we have not learned anything, nationally speaking.

bahria town k kaam ko dekhte hue jo us ne ghareebon k liye kia hai.......ab tou mulk bhar k ghareebon ki duaeen b khi k sath hain......bus nazar na lagey qalandaro ki......:D
Koi naye ye samakhtey hain geo tv negative propoganda sey bacha ley ga lekin propoganda say sirf psl badnaam ho gi geo ko.yeh nahe samajh ati

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom