What's new

Pakistani corner

Us say pehlay roads reoair jarein aur bc karachi company ayr aabpara kay thiay sheiay khatam karwaien
Latest fig kiya hay btw?

According to GEO

PML N 21
PTI 16
IND 4

41/50 Seats

According to DUNYA

PML N 21
PTI 18
IND 11

50/50 Seats

According to SAMAA

PML N 21
PTI 18
IND 11

50/50 Seats

PMLN took lead @Zibago

Your guess would be wrong. :D

What you are describing is a difference in perceived priorities, that is all. Your list differs from those in government.
Islamabad itself doesn't need a Metro, in my opinion. If that sum was spent on something better i would be happier. I am not against a Metro, but a metro in Islamabad, seriously?
PML N isgonna win mostly Rural seats PTI and IND is winning from Main Urban areas .... G-11 F-10 F-11 F-7 F-6 pti is leading from here

Savour Kam kr gya PTI ka hahaha Chawal de rhy thy sbko PTI Wale :D
Not surprised. The middle, Middle-Elite-educated class will vote for IK. Reality is this class is sick of the corrupt system. Problem is penetrating rural areas, people still vote in the name of Bhutto. I hate it when people agree a certain party is corrupt, yet they vote for it. People are stupid, jaisey awam waisey hey hukmaran. We deserve Nawaz Sharif and Asif Zardari.

Islamabad itself doesn't need a Metro, in my opinion. If that sum was spent on something better i would be happier. I am not against a Metro, but a metro in Islamabad, seriously?

What do you think the best way is to get thousands upon thousands of government workers in the lower pay grades to and from their offices in Islamabad, for example the Secretariat?

What do you think the best way is to get thousands upon thousands of government workers in the lower pay grades to and from their offices in Islamabad, for example the Secretariat?
Bus service of some sort...even Rawaplindi has quite a good road map, a good bus service could have been much better-economically speaking. Karachi needs some sort of Metro service. Then again i am no expert, just my opinion.
regards

Bus service of some sort...even Rawaplindi has quite a good road map, a good bus service could have been much better-economically speaking. Karachi needs some sort of Metro service. Then again i am no expert, just my opinion.
regards

Isn't the Metro precisely that - a good bus service?

Isn't the Metro precisely that - a good bus service?
Too damn costly, the only criticism it is facing. Road map is quite good, a bridge here and there, some good planning...and you can have a better bus service of some sort in twin cities. That sum should have been used on something better.

Too damn costly, the only criticism it is facing. Road map is quite good, a bridge here and there, some good planning...and you can have a better bus service of some sort in twin cities. That sum should have been used on something better.

There are pros and cons to every large project, but the Metro projects seem to be clearly of benefit to the cities.

Every great project is like that. Atomic Weapons. Large dams. Etc.
Please do not insult stated projects by comparing them with Metro service. It is by any standards too costly, if you want i can share a program Shahzaib Khanzada did on it(will have to search for it). If something can be done with 5 rupees, why do it for 10? As i said before, Islamabad doesn't really need an overhead metro. A proper Bus service, with a proper routine, proper staff, proper routes, few new roads and Bridges here and there could have easily worked. Don't you think?

Please do not insult stated projects by comparing them with Metro service. It is by any standards too costly, if you want i can share a program Shahzaib Khanzada did on it(will have to search for it). If something can be done with 5 rupees, why do it for 10? As i said before, Islamabad doesn't really need an overhead metro. A proper Bus service, with a proper routine, proper staff, proper routes, few new roads and Bridges here and there could have easily worked. Don't you think?

You are correct that the project cost could have been reduced with better management and planning, but the benefits of the Metro are undeniable too. Also keep in mind that converting the infrastructure to a future Light Rail when the transportation demands need more capacity will be easier. If something can be done for 5 rupees, Pakistanis like to add 2 for you, 2 for me and 1 for our uncles. :D

You are correct that the project cost could have been reduced with better management and planning, but the benefits of the Metro are undeniable too. Also keep in mind that converting the infrastructure to a future Light Rail when the transportation demands need more capacity will be easier. If something can be done for 5 rupees, Pakistanis like to add 2 for you, 2 for me and 1 for our uncles. :D
Miss my gaun(village), then again i have never been to Skardu. Enjoy the beauty of it. A good cottage here, that's all i need. I suggest a Metro too.
12278633_1130381896980268_3829034230571122744_n.jpg

Miss my gaun(village), then again i have never been to Skardu. Enjoy the beauty of it. A good cottage here, that's all i need. I suggest a Metro too.
12278633_1130381896980268_3829034230571122744_n.jpg

Banjosa? Or Shangri-La?

Back
Top Bottom