What's new

Pakistani corner

I read that thread with great interest, Sir.

I do have a question: Prior to 1947, was GB regarded as a part of Kashmir or not?
Thanks bhi nahe kiya..?:(:mad: :lol:
I do have a question: Prior to 1947, was GB regarded as a part of Kashmir or not?
It was, back in 1897(hope the date is correct) it was taken on lease by the British, and in 1947, somewhere in August it was given back to the Dogras. The agreement was actually broken, it was taken on lease for 67 years..
regards

It was, back in 1897(hope the date is correct) it was taken on lease by the British, and in 1947, somewhere in August it was given back to the Dogras. The agreement was actually broken, it was taken on lease for 67 years..
regards

So what is the answer? Legally, with the leased area returned, GB reverted to being part of the State of Kashmir, or no? This is important to answer since it determines the area to which UN Resolutions and Simla Agreements would apply.

So what is the answer? Legally, with the leased area returned, GB reverted to being part of the State of Kashmir, or no? This is important to answer since it determines the area to which UN Resolutions and Simla Agreements would apply.
The agreement through which it was taken had not expired yet, it's fate should have been decided by the British, as the territory came under their control. Instead they choose to give it back to the Dogra ruler, so it is correct to say the area somewhat came under state of Kashmir.

This is very sad. Trophy or no trophy, there should be no "Markhor" hunting.
They will die anyway, better to make some money. Markhor is not the only one hunted, other goats are also hunted, carefully selected. Always the old ones, plus it is very beneficial for the locals and to back it up with stats the population has actually increased, that of Snow leopards, Himalayan bears and etc, etc..and permits are given in a very small number.

so it is correct to say the area somewhat came under state of Kashmir.

"Somewhat"? There is no "somewhat" from a legal standpoint. It seems that your are finding it difficult to admit that GB is legally part of the State of Kashmir (or was) and therefore part of the disputed territory between Pakistan and India, and subject to the UN Resolutions and the Simla Agreement. That alone would place your article on pretty shaky ground, but I will leave that thread alone, Sir. No wonder Pakistan is finding it difficult to finance projects there (such as dams), except the ones that China takes on for its own interests.

"Somewhat"? There is no "somewhat" from a legal standpoint. It seems that your are finding it difficult to admit that GB is legally part of the State of Kashmir (or was) and therefore part of the disputed territory between Pakistan and India, and subject to the UN Resolutions and the Simla Agreement.
I said somewhat because the territory came under British control, it should have never been given back to the Majraja, there should have been a referendum to choose the fate of the state. From a legal standpoint this is what makes sense and what should have been done. Unfortunately i stand by the official stance that, GB is a disputed territory.
That alone would place your article on pretty shaky ground, but I will leave that thread alone, Sir
Are you trolling me? How so?
Sir. No wonder Pakistan is finding it difficult to finance projects there (such as dams), except the ones that China takes on for its own interests.
All has to do with incompetence.

GB is a disputed territory.

Exactly. If it is a disputed territory, then what is the significance of declaring "independence" when both Pakistan and India regard it as part of disputed territories between them? No trolling here Sir, but a serious question. The legal ramifications run quite deep.

Exactly. If it is a disputed territory, then what is the significance of declaring "independence" when both Pakistan and India regard it as part of disputed territories between them? No trolling here Sir, but a serious question. The legal ramifications run quite deep.
Independence from the occupying force-Dogras. It was after 15 days GB became a part of Pakistan. Independence from the Dogras, sir..

Independence from the occupying force-Dogras. It was after 15 days GB became a part of Pakistan. Independence from the Dogras, sir..

Of course, that freedom is worthy of celebration, I can understand that. Congratulations!

@Viper0011. , why are you so concerned with politics in Pakistan. Personally i am not interested in politics, but one can't miss your posts. You probably hate IK the most here, refer to him as some freedom fighter(that one comment i rated of your's). Where is this hatred coming from? don't really support IK or PTI, but IK is much better compared to corrupt kings like Zardari and Nawaz, you should do similar criticism to PMLN. I agree PTI is inexperienced, full of chors from different parties, but the type of criticism that you do is not criticism. It's pure hatred, PMLN supporters hate IK, we Pakistanis should keep in mind that he is also a national hero, not some freedom fighter, fighting for Pashtoonistan. Again i will go back to my original post, why are you so concerned with politics in Pakistan. Please keep it short and i mean no offence, plus i hate politics (you will know as i hardly ever post in political section).
regards
let me tag some political friends here: @Jazzbot ,@notorious_eagle , your thoughts?

You have now. And i thought you were trolling:-).

I do not troll generally, Sir. Even Pakistan itself does not recognize this declaration of independence by GB, which leads to many other serious questions. But you are welcome to commemorate the occasion properly, of course.

Even Pakistan itself does not recognize this declaration of independence by GB,
Sir, it is a documented fact. These declarations are with the government of Pakistan, this is what i know. I have even shared the photocopied images of them(the rest i can't get my hands on). Pakistan does..It is rather recognized. There is a video of PMLN governments officials and Chief minister of GB and other members of assembly paying respect to the martyrs, there is a video, if you want i can share. It is not celebrated in the whole country. while in GB it is a recognized as a historic day for us.
Secondly, your comment makes no sense as it is a fact that GB acceded with Pakistan, while for 15 days it was an independent country-this is a fact. Pakistan does accept this.

Sir, it is a documented fact. These declarations are with the government of Pakistan, this is what i know. I have even shared the photocopied images of them(the rest i can't get my hands on). Pakistan does..It is rather recognized. There is a video of PMLN governments officials and Chief minister of GB and other members of assembly paying respect to the martyrs, there is a video, if you want i can share. It is not celebrated in the whole country. while in GB it is a recognized as a historic day for us.
Secondly, your comment makes no sense as it is a fact that GB acceded with Pakistan, while for 15 days it was an independent country-this is a fact. Pakistan does accept this.

Sir, that is the whole point: Pakistan itself can not recognize GB as having acceded to it since legally it remains part of the old State of Jammu and Kashmir as it existed in 1947, which is under dispute. Paying tribute is great, but it does not affect the legal situation, unfortunately..

Sir, that is the whole point: Pakistan itself can not recognize GB as having acceded to it since legally it remains part of the old State of Jammu and Kashmir as it existed in 1947, which is under dispute. Paying tribute is great, but it does not affect the legal situation, unfortunately..
You don't have to be so stubborn and persistent. Pakistan recognizes the whole of Jammu and Kashmir as it's territory, while GB and AJK are under it's control. It is only disputed, it is in fact part of Pakistan, or is it not? or does India control that territory.

Back
Top Bottom