What's new

Pakistani corner

You mean Hi Sir, Hello Sir, excuse me, bless you, thank you, I appreciate it, etc etc?
I meant more in terms of respect/disrespect. in most of the world one has to work hard to earn disrespect but in Pakistan one has to work hard to earn respect. in rest of the world it would be considered ill mannered to be disrespectful.

I meant more in terms of respect/disrespect. in most of the world one has to work hard to earn disrespect but in Pakistan one has to work hard to earn respect. in rest of the world it would be considered ill mannered to be disrespectful.

And how Pakistanis are disrespectful, quote some examples, for an instance? Be specific, right now you are generalizing

dishonesty is one way to be disrespectful and dishonest behavior is common.

Not that it exempts us of anything but many other are dishonest too and way more dishonest some of them are Goraz. So it is not being typical Pakistani, where there are many corrupt there are many who are honest and hardworking. And it is not something that you won't find in East and West and would just find it in Pakistan. So Raumi Sb.?

Not that it exempts us of anything but many other are dishonest too and way more dishonest some of them are Goraz. So it is not being typical Pakistani, where there are many corrupt there are many who are honest and hardworking. And it is not something that you won't find in East and West and would just find it in Pakistan. So Raumi Sb.?
doctors here are invariably dishonest. you just haven't had to put up with them in a tough situation so far. in critical situations they are more focused on fooling the patient and their families than fixing the problem.

doctors here are invariably dishonest. you just haven't had to put up with them in a tough situation so far. in critical situations they are more focused on fooling the patient and their families than fixing the problem.

@Gufi I knew it.

Well Raumi Sb. I don't know and I cannot say for sure if every doctor is like that, the ones I have been visiting are professionals, they may have higher fees but they are professionals

Bari Eid Qurban Cooking

hqdefault.jpg

flanksteak.jpg

Barbecued-Lamb-Cutlets-Recipe.jpeg

0.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

images

images

I would like to ask Pakistani fellows here "what do they think is quintessentially Pakistani?"
I would say its a disregard for manners. I don't want to be negative but I see the west and then the east, both have there manners but Pakistanis have none.
Agreed, manners and discipline-lacking.

Eid Mubarak to all.

@unleashed ...Ghizar-nothing like this place, a certain peculiarity about this place and Hunza. Would love to do a traditional dance with you, have done it many times, lol.

Cultural festival enthralls the residents of Gahkuch, Ghizar

traditional-dance-by-senior-citizens.jpg

Gilgit, September 21:
A two-day district level cultural festival was organized recently with the help of Hashoo Foundation in Gahkuch, the headquarters of district Ghizar. The event was part of the efforts of Hashoo Foundation to preserve and revive the indigenous culture by empowering traditional musicians, local artisans, singers, poets, culinary arts and create social harmony.

The festival had all cultural recipes one would love to see, including traditional dance, Shina and Khowar songs, folk comedy, folk drama, drama, traditional food stalls, stalls and more.

The first day of the event was attended by more than 2000 spectators from all over the Ghizer, mostly families participation in the program was spectacular i.e. traditional famous event “Shaap”, traditional ritual of “Tao” and folk dance of the female senior citizens, traditional food stalls and stalls of the culinary arts. This was first ever event organized for families at Gahkuch Bala Ghizer.

The second day event was well attended by more than 2500 spectators from all over Ghizer. The participants liked the dances, Musical Show, Traditional Dances, Traditional games, Stage performances, Cultural Dress show, Local Dances, Folk skits and dramas, Prizes Distribution ceremony.

The traditional culinary stalls and local made instruments stalls were overwhelmingly appreciated by the crowd.

Besides traditional music performers from Ghizer, musicians and singers from Gilgit also participated.

The performance of the second day came from Legendry folk singer Jabir Khan Jabir .His performance hardly left anyone on his chairs .Crowd of 2500 people couldn’t stop itself from traditional dance.

The efforts of Hashoo Foundation, Ghizer Arts and Culture Council and Gahkuch Bala youth Development organization were well appreciated by people and Chief Gust, Miss Sobia Maqadam (Provincial Minister for Culture, women development, and Youth Affairs) she told such remarkable efforts in culturally enriched regions like Ghizer would definitely help in cultural promotion. She further stated, we GBLA member will support Hashoo Foundation in the implementation of the events.

In the second day Chief gust was Mr. Nazir Advocate also appreciated the efforts of Hashoo Foundation and pledged to conduct such program in Ghizer yearly. Prizes were distributed by Chief Guest Mr. Nazir Advocate and local notables to the lifelong achievers.

In his speech he thanked local administration, Ghizer Arts and Culture Council, Tourism department and people of Ghizer to support Hashoo Foundation endeavors.
traditional-dance-by-artists.jpg

PAMIR TIMES | Voices of the Mountain Communities – Cultural festival enthralls the residents of Gahkuch, Ghizar
Project launched to conserve Snow Leopards in Basho Valley
2.jpg

Skardu: (PR) Launching ceremony of Snow Leopard Conservation in Bhasho project was held at a local hotel in Skardu. The project’s objectives and details about planned activities were shared with the audience during the launching ceremony. The project has been supported by USAID through the Small Grant and Ambassador Fund Program (SGAFP). This project will be implemented through Baltistan Wildlife Conservation and Development Organization (BWCDO) in Basho Valley in ten month period.

In the ceremony participants from Forest department, CKNP directorate, livestock and Dairy development, AKRSP, media persons and representatives from Basho valley and Mr.Kacho Imiaz Member GBLA and Mr, Imran Nadeem member GBLA also honored the ceremony. Mr. Ehsan Mahmmod Commander 62 brigade chaired the ceremony.

PAMIR TIMES | Voices of the Mountain Communities – Project launched to conserve Snow Leopards in Basho Valley

PAMIR TIMES | Voices of the Mountain Communities – Lawyers fraternity ups the ante on Gilgit-Baltistan’s constitutional status

@unleashed ,@Abu Namr ,@Shamain ,@Windjammer @Slav Defence ....
Anyone want to stay here: Shangrila resort:
LakeShangrila.jpg

Shangirila-Skardu.jpg

Kachura-Lake-skardu1.jpg

absolutely heavenly, i would love to buy a house somewhere around here...
Shangrila Resort Skardu | Gilgit Baltistan - promoting culture and tourism
Shangrila Resort Skardu, also known as “Heaven on Earth”, is nestled amongst some of the world’s highest peaks. It encircles the heart shaped “Kachura Lake” and is surrou-nded by fruit laden orchards and flower filled gardens.

Shangrila Hotel Resorts offers 60 spacious rooms which are uniquely designed to include luxurious amenities.All our cottages have private balconies over looking the Kachura Lake.

Lake Site Cottages
As per the name, Shangrila Lakeside cottages have an astounding view of the Lake. These cottages consists of all amenites and facilities of a Suite such as telephone, tv, room service, laundary etc.

• 40 Lakeside cottages available (single & double).
Swiss Cottages
Shangrila Resorts Swiss Cottages rooms includes 2 bedrooms with attach bath and interconnecting rooms for families.

• 6 Swiss Cottages.
VIP Suites
Our Shangrila Resorts VIP Suites include a full suite of room amenities, accommodations.

• 4 V.I.P Suites with a double bedroom and a sitting room .
Presidential Suites
Shangrila Resorts Presidential Suites include a full suite of 3 bedrooms , Dinning & sitting area .

• 2 Presidential Suites .

Ever been to Shandur @unleashed ?
file.jpeg

file.jpeg

@Shamain @fakhre mirpur
Colonel Khan Muhammad Khan (Urdu: کرنل خان محمد خان)was a prominent soldier and politician in Poonch, serving in the Jammu & KashmirLegislative Assembly and later as Chairman of the War Council during the 1947 War of Independence.
Sardar Khan Muhammad Khan first entered politics with his election to the seat of Tehsil Bagh and Sudhnati in the first elections of the Jammu & Kashmir Legislative Assembly, held in 1934. His political rival, Ch. Khan Bahadar Khan Bhango, received less than 1000 votes and consequently lost his security deposit.[2]

He was returned to the Tehsil Bagh and Sudhnoti seat in subsequent Legislative Assembly elections until 1946, when he stepped aside voluntarily in favour of Sardar Muhammad Ibrahim Khan, who later became the first president of Azad Kashmir.

In 1947 he became Chairman of the War Council during War of Independence, and later became a Member of the Defence Council. He also organised 60,000 ex-servicemen from the Sudhan tribe to fight against Dogra rule in Poonch.[1][full citation needed]

He dedicated his life and the resources he had, to improving the lives of the Muslims of "Poonch" particularly and the Muslims of Kashmir generally. His main political concern was the plight of Muslims under the oppressive double tier rule of "Raja Poonch" and "Maharaja of Kashmir". He worked against various social evils prevailing amongst his people at that time. He motivated his people to give up the superfluous and frivolous social practices like Dowry, lavish spending on birth, death and marriage rituals, naswar and cigarettes, he emphasized the importance of education for all. It is basically thanks to his efforts that Azad Kashmir today has a comparatively higher literacy rate then the neighbouring areas of NWFP and Punjab. He founded the Sudhan Educational Conference which still provides free education for the poor, he also set up a muthi bhar atta scheme where a handful of each family's surplus flour was collected everyday and used to fund projects such as the construction of the Jamia mosque and the Darul Allum Madrassa inPallandri.[2]

Every year on 11 November, the anniversary of his death in 1961, thousands of people gather and pay homage at his tomb in Pallandri.[2]
Khan Muhammad Khan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Col_Khan_Muhammad_Khan.jpg

Fateh Mirpur Captain Khan Muhammad Khan (Khan of Mong)
He was posted at mirpur by Kashmir jihad Council (known as AKRF) to Lead local militia agianst Dogra Army. They successfully defeated Dogra army due to Captain Khan's courageous Leadreship and later Captain Khan was Known as FAteh mirpu and Khan of Mong.

\\
10320562_730727580311670_4697086799535004009_n-jpg.134533

Military Forum Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom