What's new

Pakistani corner

@fakhre mirpur sb. kitni dafa kaha hy aik he bari may 5 logo say ziada tag karo gay to sirf phely 5 ko alert milay ga bakio ko nahi. Mayra chatta number hota hai pomegernate kay badh, mujay nahi milta notification.

Ab hqr chez dobara bataom i shared the details on my thread and i cant copy paste everything when i am on my phone so kindly revisit that thread for additional details
No iread the article u had posted but it wasnt too detailed. I got rocket part but missile?
Igoogled kuch nahi mila aprt from whatu posted.
Such shame. No pakistani bothered abt him that much,

I

Secondly, don't understand why posters who like to summarize things, or post to the point posts, are looked down upon. On the other hand posters even some TTA's who post pages and pages of xyz are commended.

Forget maturity, makes one wonder to the level of sanity of this forum!

جناب من, précis writing is a skill and art that neither everybody is good at nor capable of appreciating. When we were in School, we were taught this skill so we could present our view point comprehensively. Certain people do not realize that verbose (in Urdu لفاظی ) does not add any weight to the argument, in contrary, readers get bored after few lines and leave.

I am sorry i brought the posts from another thread over here,ididnt want to derail the thread and secondly ididnt want atanz to get any wrong ideas that iam critcizing him .my post has nothing to do with him.absolutely nothing.
But iwas just wondering this quality of brevity and succinct-writing is exactly what iwas mentioning nd wrote abt in a post in mastankhans thread ,ithink thread is gone now, but ithought ihave analyzed things incorrectly, but its nice to see some other ppl concurring on the thought ,so its not me alone who notices that in write ups?

I get very bored by lots of lenghty writeups that i read and i find it annoying when after reading a post 3000,4000 words long,i realize that only useful part wasnt beyond 2,3 points. Tho ilike how creatively its written but then if only that was the sole purpose of writing something, which it isnt.

NLI is not over rated. Watch GHQ ceremony.
NLI is rated highly due to sacrifices given by the regiment in the past, all regiments are good, NLI is a good regiment, as good as we have in the country. Again all are quite capable, it is a known fact that NLI produces some brave solders. I am not coming up with this, even you know this........Why, what was wrong with it? the ceremony.

Some posters have a problem with Title holders, lol.

Last edited:
NLI is rated highly due to sacrifices given by the regiment in the past, all regiments are good, NLI is a good regiment, as good as we have in the country. Again all are quite capable, it is a known fact that NLI produces some brave solders. I am not coming up with this, even you know this........Why, what was wrong with it? the ceremony.

Some posters have a problem with Title holders, lol.

I mean to say two Nishan e Haider in one unit. It is great achievement. A moment of proud for GB, most decorated unit of PA belong to NLI .

I mean to say two Nishan e Haider in one unit. It is great achievement. A moment of proud for GB, most decorated unit of PA belong to NLI .
I know, i mistook your post and thought you said NLI is over rated, lol. Sorry for mistake on my part.
531820_381273435299831_1241758317_n.jpg

General Raheel Sharif, Chief of Army Staff visited Kalam Festival on the concluding day today
General Raheel Sharif, Chief of Army Staff visited Kalam Festival on the concluding day today. He appreciated people of Swat for playing a vital role in support of Security forces in revival of peace in the area and bringing festivals and tourism back to the valley. COAS said that dark-age of terrorism prevailed in Malakand Division till a few years back and it had become impossible to hold such functions in Swat. But sacrifices and firm commitment of the valiant soldiers of Pakistan Army, civil forces and the local people has eliminated terrorism from Malakand Division. Expressing the hope that tourism will flourish in the beautiful land of Swat, COAS assured that Army will always stand by people of Swat and help build capacity of civilian institutions. He reiterated that terrorists will not be allowed to return to these areas and disrupt peace and stability of Swat. COAS appreciated the organizers for arranging such an excellent event.

Good to see, really. @Shamain ,@Thinkingsoldier ,@Akheilos ,@unleashed ......

No iread the article u had posted but it wasnt too detailed. I got rocket part but missile?
Igoogled kuch nahi mila aprt from whatu posted.
Such shame. No pakistani bothered abt him that much,
@fakhre mirpur ab tau bata do missile ka matlab imena was he the brain behind nuclear weapons program?
Google may itna nai mil raha.
If u have time u can share else koi baat nahi.

General Raheel Sharif, Chief of Army Staff visited Kalam Festival on the concluding day today
General Raheel Sharif, Chief of Army Staff visited Kalam Festival on the concluding day today. He appreciated people of Swat for playing a vital role in support of Security forces in revival of peace in the area and bringing festivals and tourism back to the valley. COAS said that dark-age of terrorism prevailed in Malakand Division till a few years back and it had become impossible to hold such functions in Swat. But sacrifices and firm commitment of the valiant soldiers of Pakistan Army, civil forces and the local people has eliminated terrorism from Malakand Division. Expressing the hope that tourism will flourish in the beautiful land of Swat, COAS assured that Army will always stand by people of Swat and help build capacity of civilian institutions. He reiterated that terrorists will not be allowed to return to these areas and disrupt peace and stability of Swat. COAS appreciated the organizers for arranging such an excellent event.

Yea thread literally is taken over by ppl of gb and ajk. I miss gufi badly.

@fakhre mirpur ab tau bata do missile ka matlab imena was he the brain behind nuclear weapons program?
Google may itna nai mil raha.
If u have time u can share else koi baat nahi.

Yea thread literally is taken over by ppl of gb and ajk. I miss gufi badly.
He and Abdulsalam convinced Ayub Khan to start a nuclear program plus you should read his contribution during the early years of supparco when he and abdusalam negotiated training of Pakistani technicians in NASA

He and Abdulsalam convinced Ayub Khan to start a nuclear program
Yeh kon si bongiya mar rahe ho? Bhutto tried to convince Ayub Khan, who refused in 1965. So Bhutto started the program when he came in power, bongiya mat maro yar.

@Shamain
1960s: Space flight programmes
One of the most earliest and notable achievements of SUPARCO activities was its unmanned space flight programme that was recorded on 7 June 1962. [7][20] SUPARCO made research in the development of first
solid-fuel expandable rockets, an assistance provided by the United States. [7] On 7 June 1962, SUPARCO landed a record achievement when it launched first unmanned solid-fuel sounding rocket and took its first initial space flight from the
Sonmiani Terminal Launch. [20] The rocket was developed in a joint venture with Air force in a team led by PAF's Air Commodore (Brigadier-General ) WJM Turowicz. [7] Known as the Rehbar-I (lit.
Teller of the way), Pakistan had secured its distinction as the third country in Asia and the tenth in the world to conduct successful spaceflight. [7] The unmanned spaceflight mission continued under Turowicz, and according to SUPARCO, since 1962 til the partial termination of mission in 1972, ~200 sounding rockets took high success space flights from Sonmiani Terminal Launch

@Shamain
1960s: Space flight programmes
One of the most earliest and notable achievements of SUPARCO activities was its unmanned space flight programme that was recorded on 7 June 1962. [7][20] SUPARCO made research in the development of first
solid-fuel expandable rockets, an assistance provided by the United States. [7] On 7 June 1962, SUPARCO landed a record achievement when it launched first unmanned solid-fuel sounding rocket and took its first initial space flight from the
Sonmiani Terminal Launch. [20] The rocket was developed in a joint venture with Air force in a team led by PAF's Air Commodore (Brigadier-General ) WJM Turowicz. [7] Known as the Rehbar-I (lit.
Teller of the way), Pakistan had secured its distinction as the third country in Asia and the tenth in the world to conduct successful spaceflight. [7] The unmanned spaceflight mission continued under Turowicz, and according to SUPARCO, since 1962 til the partial termination of mission in 1972, ~200 sounding rockets took high success space flights from Sonmiani Terminal Launch

Yeh kon si bongiya mar rahe ho? Bhutto tried to convince Ayub Khan, who refused in 1965. So Bhutto started the program when he came in power, bongiya mat maro yar.
The history of Pakistani interest into nuclear science goes back to late 1948 when a large number of scientists, mathematicians, chemists, and physicists moved to Pakistan from India on the request of Prime minister Liaqat Ali Khan . The research in nuclear technology was encouraged by Mark Oliphant who, in 1948, wrote a letter to
Muhammad Ali Jinnah to engage research in the peaceful use of nuclear technology. [4] According to Mark Oliphant, no other Muslim scientist was available in the subcontinent other than Rafi Muhammad Chaudhry , who could prove useful for the newly born country in the field of nuclear technology. [4] A letter was directed to Chaudhry, who migrated to Pakistan in 1948 and established High-Tension Laboratory in 1952. [4] On 8 December 1953, US President Dwight Eisenhower launched the Atoms for Peace program, where Pakistan was one of the first countries to sign the treaty. On 8 December 1953, the Pakistani media welcomed the proposed peaceful use of atomic energy, but Foreign minister Sir Zaf-rulla Khan stated that Pakistan did not have a policy towards the atom bomb. [5] In 1956,
Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission (PAEC) was founded and its first chairman was
Nazir Ahmad, and Science Advisor to the Prime minister, Salimuzzaman Siddiqui served agency's first Technical (member) . In 1958, the PAEC drafted a proposal to the military government of Field Marshal Ayub Khan for the acquisition of either the
Canadian NRX heavy water reactor or the
CP-5 reactor, at the Argonne National Laboratory. However, Ayub Khan's military government vetoed the proposal. [6]
In March 1958, Nazir Ahmad made another proposal to the chairman of the Pakistan Industrial Development Corporation (PIDC) for setting up a heavy water nuclear plant with a production capacity of 50 kg of heavy water per day at Multan in conjunction with a planned fertilizer factory. However, the PIDC did not act on the PAEC's proposal.
Field Marshal Ayub Khan rejected the proposal and instead transferred Nazir Ahmad immediately to the Federal Bureau of Statistics. In March 1959, the PAEC entered an agreement with United States Atomic Energy Commission, in which the United States agreed to provide a 5 MW pool-type reactor. In 1960, a bureaucrat named Ishrat Hussain Usmani succeeded Ahmad as chairman of the PAEC. Usmani played a pivotal role in the construction and development of Karachi Nuclear Power Plant by setting up uranium and plutonium exploration committees throughout the country. Many nuclear research institutes were also established, and work was begun to set up surveying the suitable sites for nuclear power plants.
In 1965, Science Advisor to the Government
Abdus Salam traveled to United States to sign an agreement with the government of United States to provide a research reactor in Rawalpindi. In United States, Salam also held meeting with Edward Durell Stone, where he signed another contract. [7] It was under Abdus Salam's leadership that Stone designed and then led construction of a
nuclear research institute in Nilore.
The same year, the PAEC entered another agreement with General Electric of Canada to build a 137 MW Nuclear power plant at Karachi. In 1967, Abdus Salam urged Field Marshal Ayub Khan to acquire a nuclear fuel reprocessing facility from the United States, but Ayub Khan and his Finance minister,
Muhammad Shoaib, had denied Salam's request. [8][9]
After the 1965 India-Pakistan War, Zulfikar Ali Bhutto, Foreign minister at that time, began to lobby for a nuclear weapons option. [10] 'If India builds the bomb, w

One day we will celebrate such festivals in shawal valley. InshaAllah

Back
Top Bottom