What's new

Pakistani corner

@fakhre mirpur @engineer saad @IrbiS wajsal
@Umair Nawaz
Do u guys know the origin of caste name butt.
Well we all know its called bhat in kashmir valley and its short for bhatyachaya.
Well many butts had migrated down to punjab prov for trade pre 47. so pre 47 dont know exactly which year ,brits had held sub continent census. So in that census to differentiate between kashmir valley bhats and punjab bhats they used word butts for punjab settled bhats and since then the name came in use .
I think its another crude intervention by brits and butts shudnt have adopted it as their names and gone back to original bhat.
Isn't Bhat pronounced the same as Butt? Or is it pronounced like a baseball bat?

Once upon a time a brilliant idea came to a disgruntled Old Man who was sitting on his front porch scolding his sons for failing their matric examinations for the 3rd time in a row. To teach his sons a lesson in knowing the value of learning the English language he went to the registrar's office and had his son's surnames changed to Butt. It was only decades later when the first English dictionary came to Kashmir did people realize what the Old Man had done but by that time it was already too late ! :(

You can ask @Gufi and he'd attest to what I've written as He is well versed in the folklore of our people ! :agree:

So Armstrong, did you learn the lesson and pass your matric examinations? :police::D

Isn't Bhat pronounced the same as Butt? Or is it pronounced like a baseball bat?

So Armstrong, did you learn the lesson and pass your matric examinations? :police::D
Noooooooo
Bhat is like pronounced as

B-H-ut
Like not bat , instead sounds of b and h are pronounced seperately.

Is she still around? This is an old video

I used to have a crush on her. :wub:
mein tharki

bhat is pronounced as bh-aat while butt is well @Armstrong khud he bata dain

Story doesn't say what the old man is, only that he was fluent in English. So the old man could have been a British married to a native Kashmiri.
But I heard that you are a direct descendant of Cornwallis ! :whistle:
I'm actually probably related to the Grimm Brothers. :azn:
Noooooooo
Bhat is like pronounced as

B-H-ut
Like not bat , instead sounds of b and h are pronounced seperately.
Oh ok. So it could be written like this, B'hat, with the "B" as the first syllable and "hat" as the second syllable?

military_woman_pakistan_army_000028.jpg_530.jpg

military_woman_pakistan_army_000028.jpg_530.jpg

Story doesn't say what the old man is, only that he was fluent in English. So the old man could have been a British married to a native Kashmiri.

I'm actually probably related to the Grimm Brothers. :azn:

Oh ok. So it could be written like this, B'hat, with the "B" as the first syllable and "hat" as the second syllable?

Noooooooooo

See xeno do this after me

Say aloud , 'BHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Say bhaaaaaaaaaa.
Then say -ut (not oot instead ut)

Ok , so once again

Bhaa
Ut
Thats like it. There are only two syllables in bhat. Bha and ut

Now thats how its done. Congratulations u have done it successfully and won urself a prize. Ummm what prize ok pair of mittens for upcoming winters.

Back
Top Bottom