What's new

Pakistani cop hacks detainee to death with ax for 'blasphemy’

This is not exactly a case of blasphemy per-se.. but there is this Sunni-Shia divide wherein certain Shia end up abusing the companions of the Prophet and then there is a reversal.. .and so on.
Sadly, the people involved were the best of Human beings and would be saddened by the deplorable acts committed using their name.

Actually this is more of a sectarian crime and such people follow their sects more seriously than the actual religious teachings. So the best way out in such a situation is to not even say a word and just walk away from such fundamentalists.

Walk away? Sure, except if you are locked in a Police cell, or if your house is surrounded by 1,000 people. Then you are dead without saying anything.

Walk away? Sure, except if you are locked in a Police cell, or if your house is surrounded by 1,000 people. Then you are dead without saying anything.
Well in that case don't act tough and don't say FU! to the guy who is pointing a gun at you.

Well in that case don't act tough and don't say FU! to the guy who is pointing a gun at you.

Ah yes, let's blame the victims for "acting tough". Right. A mentally ill person and a pregnant young mother. How dare they act tough against an Officer of the Law and 1,000 Muslims?

Actually, shame on you, Sir. And all your kind.

Ah yes, let's blame the victims for "acting tough". Right. A mentally ill person and a pregnant young mother. How dare they act tough against an Officer of the Law and 1,000 Muslims?

Actually, shame on you, Sir. And all your kind.
See this is what i am talking about: when an idiot like you tries to create a scene to back his twisted dogmas, it is wise for the level-headed to not stick around and ignore the babbling. FYI your pathetic attempt to blow my statement out of proportion, says a lot about your age.......what are you.....6? because even my 8 years old nephew got more brains. Anyways....don't forget your meds.

Why does that surprise you..........Can a cop be not an emotional retard? For a person to snap, all it takes is a sec and he/she will go on a killing spree.
This is surprizing because they get the training to follow the course of law. Just imagine a case, where they are posted during riots and suddenly become emotional and start firing. The situation is more serious here.

This is surprizing because they get the training to follow the course of law. Just imagine a case, where they are posted during riots and suddenly become emotional and start firing. The situation is more serious here.
I know what you mean, but trust me..........humans can be very unpredictable. Last year in my city, an Army captain murdered his col father, mother and two sisters just because they were not letting him to get married to a girl of his choice.

Why don't you start writing articles on what you think should be the right thing to do? That is bound to make a difference... even if a little, it will make a difference.

I mean... write articles in widely read papers, and not just on defence.pk.
Its useless, I will be labelled Secular or Liberal or both, the first day. After that, whatever I write, wont be worth, even the tiiny bandwidth, I would use for that.
Do you seriously believe that the people who commit such crimes are wise enough to read or are even literate for that matter?

Believe me, the new generation of radicalized people are infact adolescents or adults in their 30's. You dont believe me? Log in @ FB and scan for controversial topics. You will get your answer, you will be surprised to see, how many little kids who barely even understand the religion, will agree with the basic demands of extremist groups. Houston, this is the testosterone speaking.

Believe me, the new generation of radicalized people are infact adolescents or adults in their 30's. You dont believe me? Log in @ FB and scan for controversial topics. You will get your answer, you will be surprised to see, how many little kids who barely even understand the religion, will agree with the basic demands of extremist groups. Houston, this is the testosterone speaking.
Well i think you are right to an extent as no measures now can eradicate the effects of years and years of indoctrination, and thus we have well educated extremists and terrorists, but i was more of pointing to people like this policeman and the mob which killed that Christian coupled yesterday.

Well i think you are right to an extent as no measures now can eradicate the effects of years and years of indoctrination, and thus we have well educated extremists and terrorists, but i was more of pointing to people like this policeman and the mob which killed that Christian coupled yesterday.

The illiterates aren't the worrying part now, you see, its the educated kind that will be the biggest problem, in the future. School-College-University going people that consider radicalization and extremism, in perfect harmony with their religion. It takes long to indoctrinate, but well once it happens, its deadly.

police man was like shut your mouth or i will shut it for ya.....

oh man not again. seems a common Pakistani only thinks about religion and nothing else in life.

If Pakistan is example of what Islam does to people's brain, then I just hope that Muslims population does not grow in my country. I hope GOI ensures that no funding goes from Saudi/Qatar into building Mosques/Madrassas or for religious education (obviously extremist ideology). Only developmental projects or govt. schools should be allowed to be funded from abroad.

Other then that all Madrassas (and every single religious institute) should be monitored for the content they teach their students or followers. No Madrassa (or other religious institutes) should be allowed to preach extremist ideology or hate for other religions to the students. If anyone preaches hate for other religions or extremist ideology (in speech or textbooks), a very strong punitive action should be taken against the responsible and such content removed.

Other then that it should be mandatory to teach one subject on Secularism (all religions are equal) and one subject on Nationalism (India's great contributions to world) for each and every educational institute (all Madrassas included). Any institute which does not agree should not be allowed to teach students.

Last edited:
But you will see that many people would blame the victim rather than condemn the murderer, yet another sign of a whole society gone mad.

I agree. The people will soon start blaming the victim than the perpetrator of this horrid crime. Fanaticism in the police and rangers is a massive problem. Mustafa Qadri was just one example of the types of people the education system creates. I wish we had more officers like Safwat Ghayur.

Back
Top Bottom