What's new

Pakistani cop hacks detainee to death with ax for 'blasphemy’

Similarly not sure if you are Islamophobic or just an atheist bigot. In either case, you should know that your opinion is as effective as a porus umbrella in the rain.

Similarly not sure if you are Islamophobic or just an atheist bigot. In either case, you should know that your opinion is as effective as a porus umbrella in the rain.

The good thing is in today's world being an islamophobic is a badge of honor and nothing to hide or be apologetic about. Infact it could be equated to being terror or cyclone phobic. Very prudent and safe thing to do. Sort of like being anti communist.

Illiteracy and ignorance(by muslims) being treated by more fatal & criminal ignorance(by world)..............The End

But I don't see why overseas Pakistanis don't speak out enmasse (like they do for other Islamic causes as well as J&K just to name an example) since they have nothing to fear outside Pakistan. So this liberal stuff has to be taken with a giant pinch of salt

Well, let's be honest, a lot of the "smaller" incidents don't get as much press coverage in the west...especially the attacks on Shias and hazaras..
This Christian lynching is definitely making the rounds, so it could be interesting to see the reaction..as per your thought

Nevertheless I stand firm in my statement as I consider being liberal a state of mind and I speak from first hand conversations and interactions with many Pakistanis I have known and met over the last few decades..
I personally don't get involved in protests and marches myself, but do consider myself liberal, so it would be hypocritical of me to judge Pakistanis by a different measure..

Well, let's be honest, a lot of the "smaller" incidents don't get as much press coverage in the west...especially the attacks on Shias and hazaras..
This Christian lynching is definitely making the rounds, so it could be interesting to see the reaction..as per your thought

Nevertheless I stand firm in my statement as I consider being liberal a state of mind and I speak from first hand conversations and interactions with many Pakistanis I have known and met over the last few decades..
I personally don't get involved in protests and marches myself, but do consider myself liberal, so it would be hypocritical of me to judge Pakistanis by a different measure..

Then lets be even more honest. Bring the issue of Blasphemy law to these "liberals" and tell us their response. Should the law be "outlawed?" If yes, I can begin to accept their liberal credentials.

Last edited:
This incedent as well as the incident of lynching and brutally killing of a married couple from the minority community near Lahore is not only tragic but sad because it was wrongly perpetrated in the name of religion. Let me respond to this in an American –Muslim prospective. The United States have been my home for the last thirty years or so and I have never in these years ever felt like a minority. I understand, it is not the same with everyone. I am sure others will point out the incidents like the Quran burning in Gainesville, Florida and random attacks on minorities elsewhere after our country was attacked on 9/11. But one thing that people forget is that for every wrong incident that happens countless Americans condemn them and stand up to protect the rights of their minority fellow countrymen. That is one of the reason Terry Jones’ attempt to burn Qurans was thwarted in the 2013.

Coming back to the brutal killing by a mob, it is in no way condoned by any religion. It was manipulated by some and carried out by senseless others, but the sad part is that no one stood up to protect the poor couple. Incidents like this can only be stopped if the state laws acts swiftly against people who take the law into their own hands and punish them for their crimes. Mohammad Ali Jinnah the founder of Pakistan had emphasized that rule of law comes first and protection of all is the state’s responsibility. It is a positive sign that both the Prime Minister and the Chief Minister of the province have taken notice of the sad brutality and ordered immediate investigation of the incident and arrest of the perpetrators.

Abdul Quddus
DET - U.S. Central Command

No Idea where pakistani society is going Honestly These Crap has to be Stop Leave Allah and Quran and islam to Allah he can protect him self and his religion better than us.
People are just turning into blood hungry animals Killing each other for no freakin reason. People Abused Holy prophet nd Allah did, could Allah stop them or holy prophet ( Peace.Be.Upon.Him ) beat them but the chose the path of forgiveness The main problem in our society is we dont need the basics of islam but when it comes to islam we show off as we are the some god sent angels who knows everything . I hope Pakistani courts become gets some sense and give same punishment to others who hurm others for the sake of some Mullahs ..
Islam is the religion of peace . To change Pakistan they need Education , Justice but first of all throw all these mullahs into the island of lost so no one goes their and no one comes alive =)) So World can have a breather :D heheheh

All sane people in Pakistan are sitting at home and watching Indian serials and movie while their very beloved Pak country is going down the drain . Come On guys do something before you loose it all. I see pakistani and i see they can only talk big when it comes to India , Hindus, Jews and Nukes.

Religion, Religion, Religion...........:disagree: Sometimes i wish there was none in this world.:(

Then lets be even more honest. Bring the issue of Blasphemy law to these "liberals" and tell us their response. Should the law be "outlawed?" If yes, I can begin to accept their liberal credentials.

Actually it's the liberals that want this blasphemy outlawed...it's damaged more Pakistani reputation in the west than sheltering Osama.
The blasphemy law is the shelter for the religious nut jobs and extremists.. Not the liberals sir..
If you're in the US, I could arrange for you to have a conversation with some of them first hand

Either way, we each have different experiences and people we come across, so you may very well be justified for your view as am I

This fucked up law should be abolished.

Kudos to you but don't try saying it out loud especially on some pak talk show while in Pak! People are known to have been killed for using much milder language .

Actually it's the liberals that want this blasphemy outlawed...it's damaged more Pakistani reputation in the west than sheltering Osama.
The blasphemy law is the shelter for the religious nut jobs and extremists.. Not the liberals sir..
If you're in the US, I could arrange for you to have a conversation with some of them first hand

Either way, we each have different experiences and people we come across, so you may very well be justified for your view as am I

Actually I happen to know some very enlightened Muslims. Hey, that couple won't even go to a mosque. So I am absolutely Comfortable with them and their ideas which are much more decent and forward looking and rational. Being a PhD in engineering certainly helps

Blasphemy law should have been a standard tool in James Bond series of ingenious weapons.
A 007 Agent infiltrates into Pakistan , tracks a soviet spy disguised as Northen Alliance fighter and gets him killed by villagers through blasphemy defamation. Truly killer movie script!

GUJRAT: A police officer on Wednesday night murdered a detained man with an axe, later alleging that the man had committed blasphemy.

45-year-old Jhang resident Syed Tufail Haider was arrested a day earlier for wounding two people from a locality in Gujrat. According to police authorities, Tufail came to Madina Syedan in Gujrat three days ago to attend a majlis.

During interrogation, Assistant Superintendent (ASI) Faraz Naveed got into a heated argument with Tufail and struck him on the neck with an axe lying in the room, a blow which resulted in immediate death.

He later accused Tufail of making derogatory remarks against companions of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), with other police officials saying the arrested man was mentally unsound.

Police have arrested ASI Faraz Naveed and taken the axe into custody. The body of the slain man has been sent to a local hospital for a postmortem.

Chief Minister Punjab Shahbaz Sharif has taken notice of Tufail Haider's murder and has ordered a further investigation of the incident.

More on this: Blasphemy law use on rise, led by Pakistan

The latest incident comes two days after a Christian couple was burnt to death in a brick kiln in Kot Radha Kishan for allegedly desecrating pages of the Holy Quran. The woman, mother of three, was pregnant. The incident provoked condemnation from the government with the prime minister saying the government will bring to book those responsible.

Blasphemy is a hugely sensitive issue in the country, with even unproven allegations often prompting mob violence. Anyone convicted, or even just accused, of insulting Islam, risks a violent and bloody death at the hands of vigilantes.

A Christian woman, Aasia Bibi, has been on death row since November 2010 after she was found guilty of making derogatory remarks about Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) during an argument with a Muslim woman.

An elderly British man with severe mental illness, sentenced to death for blasphemy in January, was shot by a prison guard last month.

Also read: A chilling episode of mob violence

Gujrat policeman kills man in custody alleging blasphemy - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

=================================================================
LAHORE: A policeman used an axe to kill a man arrested for allegedly committing blasphemy, officials said Thursday, days after an enraged mob murdered a Christian coupleaccused of the same crime.

Tufail Haider, a 50-year-old from the minority Shia sect, was arrested for allegedly making derogatory remarks toward the companions of the Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) and brought to the Civil Lines police station in the eastern city of Gujrat on Wednesday.

“Tufail was kept in the lock-up but he continued uttering derogatory remarks and hurled abuse at policemen. He looked like a malang (wandering preacher) and seemed mentally imbalanced,” duty officer Ali Raza told AFP.

“Assistant Sub-Inspector Faraz Naveed, 36, became very angry on hearing the derogatory remarks against the companions of the Prophet (PBUH) and he killed the detainee with an axe in the lock up,” he added.

Naveed has been arrested and legal proceedings have been started against him, he added.

Around 1,000 Shias have been killed in the past two years in Pakistan, a heavy toll on the community that makes up roughly 20 per cent of the country’s 180 million-strong population, most of whom are Muslim.

There has been a recent surge in extra-judicial killings linked to Pakistan’s blasphemy laws.

A Christian bonded labourer and his pregnant wife were killed Tuesday for alleged desecrating pages of the Holy Quran in the eastern village of Chak 59, sparking condemnation from Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif.

A Christian woman, Aasia Bibi, who has been on death row since November 2010 after she was found guilty of making derogatory remarks about Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) during an argument with a Muslim woman lost an appeal last month.

The latest incident also has shades of the shooting in September of an elderly British man with severe mental illness, who was sentenced to death for blasphemy in January.

An internal investigation has found that the guard had been radicalised and goaded into the shooting by Mumtaz Qadri, a police bodyguard who murdered the Punjab governor in 2011 for suggesting reform of the blasphemy laws.

In Gujrat alone, three persons have been killed on the account of police torture.

Just last month, an individual on a Rawalpindi-bound train was beaten to death by police after a fight broke out between him and another passenger.

While on October 4, police allegedly tortured a woman to death during a raid in Sargodha.

Policeman uses axe to kill blasphemy accused: officials – The Express Tribune
Namaz parhni nahi, roza rakhna nahi, naiki karni nahi. Buss phir yehi shortcut reh jata hy musalmano KY pass janat KY liya.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom