What's new

Pakistani Cobra Crash Further Stresses Tired Fleet

Pakistan should go for Vipers with U.S. military aid this is the most logical option considering current economy of Pakistan.
AH-1Z_lands_on_USS_Makin_Island_LHD-8.jpg

Stop thinking of T-129, because US has intervened in this deal & stopped Turkey from going ahead with this deal with PA because of US made engines.

So look for the available & best options.

WZ10

armed+Chinese+Z-10+Attack+Helicopter+gunship+PLA+Peoples+Liberation+Army+Air+Force+abcdefexport+pakitan+missile+hj10+atgm+rocket+wz-10+radaraam+++WZ-9+turboshaft+engine+firing+4th+5+6+7+8+9akd-10+navy+%25282%2529.jpg

Caic-Wz-10-Attack-Helicopter-China-6.jpg

MI 28 Havoc, because of recent ban lift & PA had shown interest in MI 28 in the past.

mil_mi28_havoc_l2.jpg

mil_mi28_havoc_l8.jpg

I don't think so, US has intervened in this deal & has stopped Turkey from going ahead with it.

Buddy, where did you hear that?
PAF operates K-8s (still inducting) with US made engines. PAF is looking for more F-16s.
What's stopping them for exporting those engines?
Its all about money. Russian stuff is cheap. Chinese are willing to give us soft loans. Turkey, on the other hand cannot afford that and nor their stuff is cheap.
The only reason we're inducting them at the moment is because of MONEY!

If our cobras structural life can be updated with low spending and Turkey can do that, then we should ask them as we need large numbers of helos in different roles including attack ones.

New system like Cirit, UMTAS/OMTAS can help PA to create powerful Fire n forget, long range air & ground based anti tank / personal strike capabilities which they lack now and any future misadventure of IA with their super IBGs can be handled.

Is it impressive? although this link shows why PA want it and I also have said the same in some thread.

Mi-35M (Hind E) Attack Helicopters - Airforce Technology

Bro, Upgrading Cobra fleet is not a difficult work but I think It is not cost effective solution. Instead of spending million $ to new avonics and weapon system on an obsolete platform, Pakistan will go for new powerfull platforms such as Atak.

An Upgraded Cobra with Atak avonics
ARGE04-09.jpg

Bro, Upgrading Cobra fleet is not a difficult work but I think It is not cost effective solution. Instead of spending million $ to new avonics and weapon system on an obsolete platform, Pakistan will go for new powerfull platforms such as Atak.

Bro thx for response, I was not asking for major avionics upgrade, Cirit & UMTAS/OMTAS integration with related systems will be fine if Night fighting capability is there, but what I asked is structural life upgrade if its possible and economical.

Integration of Turkish missile systems, especially Cirit is a must for countries that is struggling against assymetric threats but I don't suppose Russia will let us to do it on their own platforms. Although politicians from both side looks bossom friends on cameras, In fact, We are not.

Integration of Turkish missile systems, especially Cirit is a must for countries that is struggling against assymetric threats but I don't suppose Russia will let us to do it on their own platforms. Although politicians from both side looks bossom friends on cameras, In fact, We are not.

To my understanding Cirit is game changing weapon if properly integrated by PA with in its weapons systems, because it give them capability to hit 8km away with FnF capability and its smaller then other weapons so more can be carried.

Any IA IBG will find difficult to avoid them as more then one can be fired on a vehicle and it can be upgraded to man portable, if PA feels its good for the job for destroying or put out of action enemy Armour.

Bro thx for response, I was not asking for major avionics upgrade, Cirit & UMTAS/OMTAS integration with related systems will be fine if Night fighting capability is there, but what I asked is structural life upgrade if its possible and economical.

For Cirit integration, It is required a flir which have lazer designaor. As far as I know, Cobra AH-1S/P fleet doesn't have such capabilities but W and Z have. To track illuminated target more effectively, It is required a multi-functional Multi functional display like screen on cockpit. Rest is about integration of missile interfaces...

Pakistani-Cobra.jpg

@cabatli_53 is it possible to upgrade Cirit system to man portable one? as it will become more lethal as it is smaller and lighter then other ATGM.

@cabatli_53 is it possible to upgrade Cirit system to man portable one? as it will become more lethal as it is smaller and lighter then other ATGM.

Not man portable but It is possible to integrate land vehicles...
sobjug.jpg

BTW, Cirit is not FnF missile. It has MEMS-IMU at mid-course and semi active lazer guidance at terminal phase.

@cabatli_53 nice work, but why only 2 missiles set on each side, they could be four, but this 2 missile light configuration or 4 missile box configuration can be used if separate hand held illumination system is used, 2 member ATGM team with power punch can be created.

A nice brochure introducing guidance of Cirit missile before launch. Cirit is either guided by man portable devices from ground or helicopter Flir's lazer designators...

scan0040q.jpg

@cabatli_53 nice work, but why only 2 missiles set on each side, they could be four, but this 2 missile light configuration or 4 missile box configuration can be used if separate hand held illumination system is used, 2 member ATGM team with power punch can be created.

It is just a matter of requirement. 4 or 6 or 8 missiles on same launchers is possible I think... Cirit has a weight of just 15kg.

Why don't the army buy the air frames and built their own helicopters using of the shelf components?

Buy the cobra air frames from Iran?; Buy engines from Russia?; POF weaponry? JOBS JOBS AND JOBS!

Back
Top Bottom