What's new

Pakistani Cobra Crash Further Stresses Tired Fleet

China is doing good but has a long way to go in future only
Mi28 and Mi35 is best for Pakistan as of now

Stop thinking of T-129, because US has intervened in this deal & stopped Turkey from going ahead with this deal with PA because of US made engines.

I don't think so, US has intervened in this deal & has stopped Turkey from going ahead with it.

No such thing has happened brother. Where did you get this from? There are many knowledgeable members amongst the Turks and they to have not reported anything like the above.

The Prime Minister and army brass have been to Turkey to negotiate the deal. Local production facilities will also be built for it. The army is simply waiting for the T-129B configuration.

No such thing has happened brother. Where did you get this from? There are many knowledgeable members amongst the Turks and they to have not reported anything like the above.

The Prime Minister and army brass have been to Turkey to negotiate the deal. Local production facilities will also be built for it. The army is simply waiting for the T-129B configuration.

Not going to happen, there is no need to wait. So far it's official, US has stopped this deal from going ahead.

Not going to happen, there is no need to wait. So far it's official, US has stopped this deal from going ahead.

It will happen, just wait. Nothing is official bro, otherwise we would have seen it all over the forum and press.

T-129B wil be coming. Save payment issues (as mentioned in the article) and delays with the B variant, nothing will stop this.

It will happen, just wait. Nothing is official bro, otherwise we would have seen it all over the forum and press.

T-129B wil be coming. Save payment issues (as mentioned in the article) and delays with the B variant, nothing will stop this.

It is already on the form, it came later after ganjas visit to Turkey.

Chinese helicopter is not a tested platform and that could both be a challenge and opportunity. Turkish ATAK seem to be the most modern and most accessible technology to Pakistan right now.
I m no defense expert but I m still not sure what is purpose of Mi-35 when a dedicated and more modern Mi-28 looks like a better choice, at least on paper

Mi-35 can deploy and evacuate troops while providing heavy firepower support.

1364309739_33260.jpg

1366098920.0.021028001366098920.jpg

0_63c44_73d32304_orig

Mi_35_hind_heli_1.jpg

It is already on the form, it came later after ganjas visit to Turkey.

I followed the same thread and didn't see it. Do you have a link of the article or press release? Thanks.

T-129s as our main Anti tank / attack helicopter will be good option as it is very close to capabilities with Apaches, and we may be producing them, some Turkish member on PDF said that Pakistan want advance variant of T-129s with air to air capabilities, if true then it will allow PA to adopt aggressive defensive strategy, while Mi-35s will also allow PA to have fast defensive strikes and deployment of ATGM teams in support of other units against advancing IBGs of IA.

One question to I have, if we put T-129s goodies (avionics & weapons) in Mi-35 what will it become? as in weapons Cirit, OMTAS/UMTAS are very potent systems and Mi-35s can carry lots of them

T-129s as our main Anti tank / attack helicopter will be good option as it is very close to capabilities with Apaches, and we may be producing them, some Turkish member on PDF said that Pakistan want advance variant of T-129s with air to air capabilities, if true then it will allow PA to adopt aggressive defensive strategy, while Mi-35s will also allow PA to have fast defensive strikes and deployment of ATGM teams in support of other units against advancing IBGs of IA.
One question to I have, if we put T-129s goodies (avionics & weapons) in Mi-35 what will it become? as in weapons Cirit, OMTAS/UMTAS are very potent systems and Mi-35s can carry lots of them

If we were able to do such modifications we would have got our own attack helicopter by now.

Even then they are not going to work together as Russia is selling Mi-35s to Pakistan not to Turkey and they offer open structure Mi-35s for customers so they can add their desired stuff.

Can Turkey help in upgrading our current Cobras? Cirit at least should be integrated in Cobras.

Turkey has helped with our Cobras in the past and can do so now bro.

Anything MI-35 related will come from the Russians.

Turkey has helped with our Cobras in the past and can do so now bro.

If our cobras structural life can be updated with low spending and Turkey can do that, then we should ask them as we need large numbers of helos in different roles including attack ones.

New system like Cirit, UMTAS/OMTAS can help PA to create powerful Fire n forget, long range air & ground based anti tank / personal strike capabilities which they lack now and any future misadventure of IA with their super IBGs can be handled.

Anything MI-35 related will come from the Russians.

Is it impressive? although this link shows why PA want it and I also have said the same in some thread.

Mi-35M (Hind E) Attack Helicopters - Airforce Technology

Last edited:
If our cobras structural life can be updated with low spending and Turkey can do that, then we should ask them as we need large numbers of helos in different roles including attack ones.

New system like Cirit, UMTAS/OMTAS can help PA to create powerful Fire n forget, long range air & ground based anti tank / personal strike capabilities which they lack now and any future misadventure of IA with their super IBGs can be handled.

Of course bro. The Turks will deliver.

Is it impressive? although this link shows why PA want it and I also have said the same in some thread.

Mi-35M (Hind E) Attack Helicopters - Airforce Technology

It's impressive in the role we want them for i.e. anti insurgency, but beyond that no. The ATAK is for that.

Back
Top Bottom