What's new

Pakistani Aircraft Engines, SAMs & AAMs

i havent heard a single western anaslyst say that the plane is mostly chinese, the only thing is the production, from what i heard china will produce most of the jf-17 in china. then around 2-3 yrs later pak will start building the plane more and more in the PAC. overall the R&D for the plane was 50/50

What has Pakistan developed in the plane? And dont give me the 'HUD' BS.

What has Pakistan developed in the plane? And dont give me the 'HUD' BS.

When you read 50/50 cant you determine it produced half the project.

Lets see the JF-17 is a reality and is kicking in production where is the LCA? Where LCA is said to be 70% Indian we know its 70% Russian, you cant just come around the bushes and probe what did Pakistan develop for the JF-17.

When you read 50/50 cant you determine it produced half the project.
ROFL!! Is THAT your argument?!?!
50-50 can VERY VERY well be the financing aspects.

Lets see the JF-17 is a reality and is kicking in production where is the LCA? Where LCA is said to be 70% Indian we know its 70% Russian, you cant just come around the bushes and probe what did Pakistan develop for the JF-17.
Man, post something logical, things are avilable in open sources about what all LCA carries and what is Indian/American, etc, etc. Dont post crap.

:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

mate, id hate to burst your bubble but the fc-1/jf-17 program was done 50/50 by pak and china.

JF-17 is based on the mig 33 design which is canceled by Russians. Even china have problem with the engine, so it have to buy the RD-93 engines from russia.

The russians allowed the one time re-export of these engines, since the fact is the jf-17 is equal to earlier versions of f-16. Russia sells india the more advanced su-30MKI and hence the indians have no objection to the export of the engines to pak.

Don't dream that jf-17 is china-pak design. :azn:

JF-17 is based on the mig 33 design which is canceled by Russians. Even china have problem with the engine, so it have to buy the RD-93 engines from russia.

The russians allowed the one time re-export of these engines, since the fact is the jf-17 is equal to earlier versions of f-16. Russia sells india the more advanced su-30MKI and hence the indians have no objection to the export of the engines to pak.

Oh dear another amateur.........If the the Indians had no objection....why did they object? :lol:

And I suggest you look at the following....WS-13........A Chinese built engine that removes the flaws from the RD-93.

Want to know why the Russians relented?
1)They sell more to china......
2)They want a piece of the JF-17 pie when the export orders come rolling in. If they said no China would have rolled out the WS-13 and the Russians get nothing.

And Pakistan doesn't have to dream...it's reality........didn't you see the parade? :coffee:

1. Go learn about JF-17 it has no connection with MiG-33, rather it was similar to SABER program and later Super-7, and the plane evolved into something totally different.

2. China never really had a problem with the WS (Future engine) for JF-17, and it's current going under trials and last I heard it was about to be certified after fatigue tests.

3. You Indians had objections and cried to the Russians to stop the delivery, and your media and govt. was making a very big fuss about it, but it gets better you even bothered to make a bogus report to present it to the US govt, and quote "These weapons will be used to attack India" (No ****).

Again, don't pretend to be a smart-*** we have more than enough and certainly don't want anymore, I'm tired of going over this crap-every time with you species.

JF-17 is and always was a China/Pakistan design, comparing pictures of different origin manufactured planes doesn't prove it was a copy (everytime something is created).

I can sense another stupid post a coming..........:lol: He doesn't strike me as the type to admit stupidity

Want to know why the Russians relented?
1)They sell more to china......
2)They want a piece of the JF-17 pie when the export orders come rolling in. If they said no China would have rolled out the WS-13 and the Russians get nothing.

Yes, thats true. They clarified our doubts.

And Pakistan doesn't have to dream...it's reality........didn't you see the parade? :coffee:

I am not talking about Pak getting the engines. I am talking about the 50-50 China-Pak design. Could you post the 50% contribution on this project. ;)

1. Go learn about JF-17 it has no connection with MiG-33, rather it was similar to SABER program and later Super-7, and the plane evolved into something totally different.

globalsecurity . org/military/world/china/fc-1.htm

See the link above (sorry I am allowed to post urls). It is based on mig-33. Russians helped in making some advancements in the mig-33 model. "Super-7" is just a code name used in China for the FC-1 as the "Thunder" used in Pak.

2. China never really had a problem with the WS (Future engine) for JF-17, and it's current going under trials and last I heard it was about to be certified after fatigue tests.

And I suggest you look at the following....WS-13........A Chinese built engine that removes the flaws from the RD-93.

Can you simply replace the engine with another one?

3. You Indians had objections and cried to the Russians to stop the delivery, and your media and govt. was making a very big fuss about it, but it gets better you even bothered to make a bogus report to present it to the US govt, and quote "These weapons will be used to attack India" (No ****).

Its diplomacy.

JF-17 is and always was a China/Pakistan design, comparing pictures of different origin manufactured planes doesn't prove it was a copy (everytime something is created).

You cann't see a similar one, since mig-33 is the canceled project in 80s.

See the link above (sorry I am allowed to post urls). It is based on mig-33. Russians helped in making some advancements in the mig-33 model. "Super-7" is just a code name used in China for the FC-1 as the "Thunder" used in Pak.

From the link:

It is widely reported that the FC-1 is a continuation of the "MiG-33 [R33]" program developed in the 1980s. The Russian company Mikoyan OKB Design Bureau, which designs all MIG series of aircraft, sold the design of MIG-33 to the China and Pakistan. This report is the source of considerable confusion, and indeed some rather fanciful speculation. The so-called MiG-33 design used in conjunction with the FC-1 program was apparently a the poorly attested "Product 33" lightweight single-engine project of the mid-1980s. A decade later, the MiG-33 nomenclature was briefly associated with the much larger twin-engine Mig-29M. This confused history has led to observations that the "FC-1 features air inlets on the lateral sides of the fuselage rather than the ventral inlets of the MiG-33. ... the most apparent modifications to the MiG-33 design is the repositioning of the ventral fins from the engine compartment..." These supposed modifications to the mid-90s MiG-33 design actually reflect the fact that the FC-1 is an entirely difference airplane with no design relationship to the MiG-33 [MiG-29M].

Just to clarify for our new hero here.......Apart from the 50% cost share there was also a team of pilots and engineers (50 with 21 PHD's amongst them) helping with R&D,flight testing and construction.) there is a picture of the four test pilots involved. on one of the videos for the JF-17. please note the difference and evolution of the aircraft from the super 7 to the final model of the JF-17.

Ok if you take a look at this picture you will see the "super 7" which is a upgrade f-7 with a nose cone it bears a remarkable resemblance to the early model JF-17
https://defence.pk/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=1460

WS-13 is the same size and shape as the RD-93 but with improved performance. So yes you can change it over no problems....

It's diplomacy...:lol: yeah and it didn't work.......:lol:

Oh and try posting a article that doesn't tell you are wrong........:rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
WS-13 is the RD-93. Welcome to Chinese way of developing equipment, copy from others.

Nothing to do with Mig-33. FAS and GS have been using recyled information for the past 7 years about the JF-17. The Pakistani Super-7 program which led to JF-17 program had nothing to do with the so-called Russian Mig-33 project. Initially it was a joint Northrop Grumman, Chinese and Pakistani venture (called SabreII) and later on it became a Chinese led and Pakistani participated program. There was no Russian input in the project (aside for the propulsion due to the inclusion of Russian engines).

Super-7 name was also dropped once the ASR were reviewed by the PAF and due to new requirements, the project was re-named JF-17. The reclassification to "17" has some meaning in PAF parlance otherwise it could easily have been JF-15 or so.

Back
Top Bottom